Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WEB TV  (Read 19224 times)

Ginny

Re: WEB TV
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2010, 09:18:50 AM »

I am so tired. I stayed up till midnight reading.

Now I am going to make some banana breads. I counted and have like 40 bananas in my freezer. And the funny part is that I don't buy/eat bananas (i like them okay just don't love them).

But my sister buys them every week. And every time she has 1 or 2 left over she gives them to me. They sure add up. Well at least i do give her half of my baking.

Now I have a craving for banana bread.  It is a good thing we finished the almost ripe enough for baking bananas this morning.

Hmmm, I have a loaf in the freezer - think I'll take it out for our Sunday morning breakfast!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2010, 09:38:53 AM »

I'll be there ;)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2010, 09:39:21 AM »

Today is DS Gabe's birthday party.  The house will be overrun by teenage boys.  Pray for Rosemary's Baby.

I don't know why, but it makes me giggle to get an Amazon email touting 10% off a Blu-ray release for which I've just received a review screener gratis.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jennifer

« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2010, 09:49:52 AM »

Happy Birthday to Gabe!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2010, 10:49:02 AM »

I believe I shall watch something on DVD; I've got these Netflix movies sitting here, and perhaps the diversion will be good for my melancholia.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2010, 10:49:29 AM »

Today is DS Gabe's birthday party.  The house will be overrun by teenage boys.  Pray for Rosemary's Baby.

Have fun!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2010, 11:17:43 AM »

Margaret Cason, 83,  passed away July 30 after years of dealing with the ravages of the Alzheimer's -- that damnable disease -- slowly taking her away. So although it is always hard to lose a loved one, especially a parent, we're so glad that she is finally at peace -- so we're at peace.

My condolences to you and your family, Miss Karen.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2010, 11:18:28 AM »

Condolences to DR George and his colleagues.

Thanks, Ginny.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2010, 11:21:39 AM »

DR George, I'm glad the service went well.

Thanks, Jane.  It was very nice. :)

George

« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2010, 11:25:31 AM »

I am so tired. I stayed up till midnight reading.

Now I am going to make some banana breads. I counted and have like 40 bananas in my freezer. And the funny part is that I don't buy/eat bananas (i like them okay just don't love them).

But my sister buys them every week. And every time she has 1 or 2 left over she gives them to me. They sure add up. Well at least i do give her half of my baking.

Now I have a craving for banana bread.  It is a good thing we finished the almost ripe enough for baking bananas this morning.

A local dollar store went out of business just last week.  But before they closed, I went and actually bought a couple of boxes of banana bread mix.  I'd been thinking about when to make one, and now seems like a good enough time.  I just need to get some bananas and eggs.  I guess I'll go shopping after work today. :D

George

« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2010, 11:26:38 AM »

Topic of the Day:  autographed first editions of every book written by Bruce Kimmel.

Wait...I already have those!

;)

George

« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2010, 11:27:15 AM »

And now, I'm off to work.

Have a good day, all!

Laura

« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2010, 11:54:40 AM »

Well, Vixmom is feeling better -- but then she got sick first. Some of the kittens are still not feeling good -- little Arnold, in particular. I am feeding him baby food through a syringe.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2010, 12:00:28 PM »

BK and the helper:

der Brucer

Lucy and Desi's last film together!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2010, 12:04:13 PM »

TOD

The Franklin Mint offered very, very special editions of Scrabble and Monopoly. There were also at table that went along with either Scrabble or Monopoly.

I have the Monopoly board, the table, and the four matching chairs.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2010, 12:08:35 PM »

Well, Vixmom is feeling better -- but then she got sick first. Some of the kittens are still not feeling good -- little Arnold, in particular. I am feeding him baby food through a syringe.

Mega vibes for little Arnold!!!

Good news about Vixmom. :)

Jane

« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2010, 12:09:42 PM »

TOD

The Franklin Mint offered very, very special editions of Scrabble and Monopoly. There were also at table that went along with either Scrabble or Monopoly.

I have the Monopoly board, the table, and the four matching chairs.

Keith purchased it and I returned it at his request which made me happy.

Laura

« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2010, 12:14:36 PM »

I think he'll be ok. He's all stuffed up and his eye is winky. He's hungry but can't really smell the food.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jennifer

« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2010, 12:22:35 PM »

I've never heard of banana bread mix. Is it any good?

If you still need eggs and bananas then really you could just make the banana bread without the mix. Not that many more ingredients.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2010, 12:26:50 PM »

Margaret Cason, 83,  passed away July 30 after years of dealing with the ravages of the Alzheimer's -- that damnable disease -- slowly taking her away. So although it is always hard to lose a loved one, especially a parent, we're so glad that she is finally at peace -- so we're at peace.

Miss Karen, words cannot even begin to express my sorrow at the loss of your mother.  I previously offered my sympathes to Cason, but should have included you at the time.
You and your family are in my prayers.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2010, 12:31:54 PM »

And now, I'm off to work.

Have a good day, all!

George, why are you working today?  This is Saturday.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2010, 12:57:53 PM »

I think he'll be ok. He's all stuffed up and his eye is winky. He's hungry but can't really smell the food.

Is he drinking?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2010, 01:00:30 PM »

BK and the helper:

der Brucer

Lucy and Desi's last film together!

Yes, and there's that exciting new remake with Debra Messing!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2010, 01:02:42 PM »

We have returned from my Mom's retirement community, where we enjoyed the fish fry and other festivities.  The meal was served outside under a big tent and, fortunately, the rain held off until Mom and I were in the main building looking at crafts and other stuff that Richard didn't care to see.  He waited in the car and picked me up at a covered walkway after I walked Mom to her apartment.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2010, 01:07:23 PM »

Accuweather radar shows a big storm heading our way.

Duck!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2010, 01:08:25 PM »

My condolences to you and your family, Miss Karen.

Sincere condolences.
You can dream…or you can do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2010, 01:18:59 PM »

Yes I did watch the VIEW, although not just for the President (although i did want to see him).  I actually like the show and record it every day.

I hope you know I wasn't teasing you, it just seemed a bit ironic that the only person who admitted watching the US pres. on the View is from Canada.

Cillaliz

« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2010, 01:22:00 PM »

Deepest condolences to Miss Karen and Cason ~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2010, 01:31:10 PM »

Man! Did I ever get bargains today, or what!  I'm really bummed that I needed to get new clothes due to weight gain, but I needed work clothes and something nice to wear for a reception in Toronto, so I bit the bullet, decided to just ignore the size and find clothes that fit and went shopping.  I have never seen the deals that were there today...I was floored. So I have a new wardrobe for what I thought I'd have to spend for 1 1/2 suits!  I'll put the skinny clothes in the closet in the guest room and hope I can fit in them soon, but until then, I'll have clothes that fit!

Cillaliz

« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2010, 01:33:15 PM »

I also got a haircut, mailed the check to the handyman, and ate at the new Black Bear Diner.  YUMMMMM   It's my new favorite place to eat.  The portions are way too big, but the food was delish.  I'll go back there
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up