Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: VAGUELY SCANDINAVIAN  (Read 17385 times)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
Re: VAGUELY SCANDINAVIAN
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2010, 11:44:51 AM »

Page 3 -

Masquaraaaaaade dance!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2010, 11:45:16 AM »

I'm done

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2010, 11:58:13 AM »

Stoppard and Peter Shaffer are my gods. 

Add Ayckbourn and I'll go to your church.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2010, 11:58:55 AM »

Ok LA people...  My niece (14) and nephew (11) and the DP's mom are coming for a visit.  We are heading to Disneyland for a few days, but want to stop in LA/Hollywood for 4-5 hours.  What are the best sites to show them?  The kids have never been to CA before.  We were thinking Rodeo Drive, lunch at Pinks, etc.  Is there anything anyone can think of that should not be missed?

Personally I would go take children to the Santa Monica Pier & possibly combine it with the 3rd Street Promenade.   Can you tell I'm not a fan of Hollywood?  Of course tourist enjoy stepping in the hand & footprints of their favorite stars.  Rodeo Drive is rather small & more interesting for adults.  What about the Farmers Market?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 12:07:20 PM by Jane »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2010, 12:00:06 PM »

Rob was indeed at the hospital most of yesterday, and Richard seemed amused by DR Jane's inquiry about him. I guess today he is back to school, work, whatever else he's doing and Richard is biding his time, I would say.

I don't get why it would amuse anyone.   I think DR Jane's asking about Rob was quite a natural "motherly" thing...and it would mean something to DR Ginny, I'm sure.  Mothers have a different wavelength from the rest of us, I think.

Because it wasn't like Rob was coming in from Korea. He was driving 20 miles from his hometown. We both thought it was an amusing question.  I had no reason to ask Richard last night if Rob had shown up because I just assumed he had.  I've only known Rob for 25 years or so.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 12:03:44 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2010, 12:03:51 PM »

Hoping no news is good news on the Ginny front....continued vibes and prayers~~~~~~~

I just spoke to Richard, and I told him that I probably wouldn't communicate again until I heard that Gnny was released and back to her own environment. He said that she's been conscious throughout everything and that they were removing IV's, tubes, etc. this morning when she's released she has to go to cardiac rehabilitation. Nothing sounds threatening or dire, thank God, and he and I hope that she will progress nicely. Steve sondheim had a heart attack in 1979 and he just turned 80.

Rob was indeed at the hospital most of yesterday, and Richard seemed amused by DR Jane's inquiry about him. I guess today he is back to school, work, whatever else he's doing and Richard is biding his time, I would say. He's gotten messages from lots of friends on Facebook and he sends thanks to everyone - I have no idea if any are from HHW folk - and I told him that i had mentioned to the DRs that she was in Miami Valley Hospital.

I'm not sure why my question was amusing :)  I am very happy Ginny is doing so well & quickly out of ICU. 
MEGA VIBES DR GINNY CONTINUES TO QUICKLY RECOVER!!!

Jane

« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2010, 12:05:15 PM »

Oh, I think they all lurk, don't you?  Glad to hear Ginny is not in a life-threatening place and we hope she'll be back home where she belongs soon.

They would have seen the prayers for Ginny on Facebook from the friends they have in common.

Jane

« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2010, 12:06:07 PM »

Rob was indeed at the hospital most of yesterday, and Richard seemed amused by DR Jane's inquiry about him. I guess today he is back to school, work, whatever else he's doing and Richard is biding his time, I would say.

I don't get why it would amuse anyone.   I think DR Jane's asking about Rob was quite a natural "motherly" thing...and it would mean something to DR Ginny, I'm sure.  Mothers have a different wavelength from the rest of us, I think.

Thank you DR Ron! :D

Jennifer

« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2010, 12:08:41 PM »

Glad DR Elmore was able to find out more info about DR Ginny.

More vibes and prayers for her. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jane

« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2010, 12:08:51 PM »

I don't get why it would amuse anyone.   I think DR Jane's asking about Rob was quite a natural "motherly" thing...and it would mean something to DR Ginny, I'm sure.  Mothers have a different wavelength from the rest of us, I think.

Because it wasn't like Rob was coming in from Korea. He was driving 20 miles from his hometown. We both thought it was an amusing question.  I had no reason to ask Richard last night if Rob had shown up because I just assumed he had.  I've only known Rob for 25 years or so.

And I'm sure Rob was concerned about his mother and may have been racing to get there. 

DERBRUCER

« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2010, 12:14:53 PM »

Ok LA people...  My niece (14) and nephew (11) and the DP's mom are coming for a visit.  We are heading to Disneyland for a few days, but want to stop in LA/Hollywood for 4-5 hours.  What are the best sites to show them?  The kids have never been to CA before.  We were thinking Rodeo Drive, lunch at Pinks, etc.  Is there anything anyone can think of that should not be missed?

Personally I would go take children to the Santa Monica Pier & possibly combine it with the 3rd Street Promenade.   Can you tell I'm not a fan of Hollywood?  Of course tourist enjoy stepping in the hand & footprints of their favorite stars.  Rodeo Drive is rather small & more interesting for adults.  What about the Farmers Market?

Jane - think "tweenagers": Hollywood Walk of Fame, Chinese Theatre, Ripley's Museum, La Brea Tar Pits etc.

der Brucer

td

• td
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2010, 12:29:49 PM »

think "tweenagers": Hollywood Walk of Fame, Chinese Theatre, Ripley's Museum, La Brea Tar Pits etc.

der Brucer

Alice Ripley has her own museum!?!?!?!?
That's definitely where the tweenagers will be hanging out!
It's next to normal, isn't it?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2010, 12:37:12 PM »

...when she's released she has to go to cardiac rehabilitation. .

Well, I suspect she will not have the same complaint about rehab I did: you have to wear a heart monitor connected to four points on your chest; when the deed is done, you must remove same, and petend that you didn't feel a thing as all theat chest hair is pulled out.  Na the two days between sessions is just enough time for it to regrow a bit, ripe for pluicking at the next visit.

der Brucer
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 01:03:40 PM by DERBRUCER »

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2010, 01:09:10 PM »

Okay, BK:

I just picked up a copy of THE GHOST WRITER.

So, if I don't like it....

::)
You can dream…or you can do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2010, 01:15:15 PM »

I loved it and will watch it again, maybe even over the weekend.  I finally remembered what tomorrow's thing was - doing the recording session for the Leap of Faith commercial - glad I remembered :)

Julie

« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2010, 01:16:02 PM »

Hello everyone,

I've been intending to drop in and say hello to you all for so long, but today, reading Cilla's note on Facebook about DR Ginny was the final push to get me moving.  I practically slumped over when I read that.

Ginny - my thoughts and prayers are with you, and many vibes are being sent your way.  I hope you have a very speedy recovery. 

Thank you Larry for posting about your conversation.  It sounds like there is some good news there.

And hello to everyone else.  I hope you are all doing well, and I am going to try to spend a little time today and go back over the last few days and see what everyone's currently up to.

I've been doing well myself, but I've been quite busy with several different projects happening to rev up at the same time. 

I have a show going up next week at the Fringe Festival, called The Hurricane Katrina Comedy Festival, which is actually quite moving and good, and not at all about a comedy festival.

And next month, I have a show going up at NYMF called Show Choir! - The Musical.  We have auditions for that tomorrow. 

And Clear Blue Tuesday, if any of you remember that, is finally getting it's opening -- the film starts showing at the Quad Cinema here in Manhattan on September 3, and we'll have a two week run of five screenings a day.

So lots of things going on.  Busy Busy - but in a very good way.

Vibes to Ginny.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2010, 01:17:24 PM »

Well, we got it all shipped - this was insanity - more so than the 2 CD Promises, because that shipped okay and decent numbers but really took off after word got out.  This thing got all its orders up front and only 250 went to dealers - so we just shipped out 750 boxes PLUS the dealer orders.  But it's all done and my dining room looks like a dining room again, as does my living room.  Awaiting the arrival of Mr. Geissman, who really does not seem to have the ability to arrive on time ever.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2010, 01:33:01 PM »

From Screen Archives:  "AVANTI! (1000 EDITION / PRE-ORDER) (CD) Composed by: Carlo Rustichelli...It is as beautiful and brilliant as watching a Tuscany sunset while drinking a chianti… In a beautiful package with 16 page booklet fully of colour stills and liner notes by Bruce Kimmel. Permesso?... Avanti!."

Congratulations to BK on writing the liner notes.

Ditto!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2010, 01:33:48 PM »

I don't get why it would amuse anyone.   I think DR Jane's asking about Rob was quite a natural "motherly" thing...and it would mean something to DR Ginny, I'm sure.  Mothers have a different wavelength from the rest of us, I think.

Well, gee, Larry.  That simply explains everything.   ;)   Of course he was there:  Because you've known him for so long!!!!

You were asked the question because of your longtime connection with Ginny and her family.  Rob hadn't been mentioned at that point.  It was a reasonable question, but obviously one that made you grumpy.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 01:42:34 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2010, 01:59:49 PM »

Well, gee, Larry.  That simply explains everything.   ;)   Of course he was there:  Because you've known him for so long!!!!

You were asked the question because of your longtime connection with Ginny and her family.  Rob hadn't been mentioned at that point.  It was a reasonable question, but obviously one that made you grumpy.

Not as grumpy as this post did. :-*
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2010, 02:04:10 PM »

Not to jump in the fray or anything, but when a family is as close as Ginny's obviously is, and Rob is so close geographically, I can see why it would be amusing to be asked if he was there. Not amusing in a bad way, but amusing in the "where else would he be at a time like that" sort of way.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2010, 02:31:45 PM »

Yes, Cilla...and yet we got info about Jayne (a sister-in-law) and Richard.  No mention of Rob.  A mother with sons asks about other mother's sons.

Obviously, the question was directed at the wrong person on the wrong day and at the wrong time.  Not that there ever seems to be a right time lately.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2010, 02:33:37 PM »

Not to jump in the fray or anything, but when a family is as close as Ginny's obviously is, and Rob is so close geographically, I can see why it would be amusing to be asked if he was there. Not amusing in a bad way, but amusing in the "where else would he be at a time like that" sort of way.

It Seems To me A Mountain out of a Mole
Hill situation. It's very obvious where Rob would be. The Important thing is Ginny's Health and I'm Sure that collectively We All Wish Her The Best and A Complete Recovery.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2010, 02:35:17 PM »

Thank you for this. You're exactly right. Ginny's sister-in-law had told me yesterday morning in her message that Rob was there and I had completely forgotten that by last night. When I spoke to Richard, my concern was Ginny's condition, not who was in the waiting room, and I reported what I had heard. If Rob had been in Korea or Michigan, I would have asked Richard if he were coming back to Middletown. If he hadn't made the 20-mile trip yesterday, I'd get an indignant report about it from someone.

As I said, I was sure he was there and I think it's funny that of the questions concerning Ginny's heath, Rob's presence was one of them.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 02:43:46 PM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2010, 02:36:30 PM »

Ron's last post has really pissed me off. First of all, I don't appreciate the personal comments and secondly, yes, Richard and I thought Jane's question about Rob's presence was funny. I'm sorry our authority on All Things Mother did not. Am I making fun of Nursie? I hope not. But my communicants were Jayne and Richard yesterday. I did not report that Rob was at the hospital because my concern was Ginny's health, not her list of hospital guests.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 03:49:07 PM by elmore3003 »

Cillaliz

« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2010, 02:43:43 PM »

I'm still wondering if my neph's will visit.  They made it to my parent's house today.  I guess I'll find out on Sunday. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2010, 02:46:17 PM »

Yes, Cilla...and yet we got info about Jayne (a sister-in-law) and Richard.  No mention of Rob.  A mother with sons asks about other mother's sons.

Obviously, the question was directed at the wrong person on the wrong day and at the wrong time.  Not that there ever seems to be a right time lately.

Kiss my ass, Ron.

Cillaliz

« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2010, 02:47:25 PM »

BTW, everything is really good with Edith.  She's been stressing a lot about doing the billing lately. She never wanted a billing program before and now that we have so many private clients, her system works, but is sort of cumbersome.  I asked if she wanted me to get a computerized billing program. She seemed really relieved that I asked and wants to start looking at the various demos on line for the different prgrams.  That would be well worth the investment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2010, 02:50:22 PM »

Ok, now I'm out of here.  Tomorrow is Edith's last day before her vacation and I'll be out of the office part of the week when I go to the conference in Toronto. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2010, 02:51:38 PM »

I think Elmore deserves a little slack here.  Ginny and Richard are life long friends and it's been tough for him lately without this happening.  Can't we all just breathe and be glad we can be together?   This is starting to sound like my real family, lol
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up