Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: VAGUELY SCANDINAVIAN  (Read 17387 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: VAGUELY SCANDINAVIAN
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2010, 03:06:52 PM »

I think Elmore deserves a little slack here.  Ginny and Richard are life long friends and it's been tough for him lately without this happening.  Can't we all just breathe and be glad we can be together?   This is starting to sound like my real family, lol

and mine! Before I disinherited the Macbeths.

The wonderful paralegal working on the McGlinn estate has a brother-in-law who's not seen his 80 year-old mother or spoken to her since her last stroke over a year ago and her going into a nursing home.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2010, 03:07:28 PM »

Post deleted!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2010, 03:29:16 PM »

Happy Friday, one and all.  Beleive me, I am really ready for this three day weekend!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2010, 03:39:39 PM »

Happy Friday, one and all.  Beleive me, I am really ready for this three day weekend!

Enjoy!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2010, 03:41:39 PM »

And we have a new Supreme Court justice! DR FJL, am I correct in remembering you have a connection to her? Or am I having a moment?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2010, 03:44:27 PM »

T.O.D.

Is Neil Simon British?

(Just kidding)
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2010, 03:46:50 PM »

Glad to hear you got some sleep last night, Larry. Now, if only I could say the same for myself.

Bragging or complaining?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2010, 03:57:18 PM »

Hello everyone,

I've been intending to drop in and say hello to you all for so long, but today, reading Cilla's note on Facebook about DR Ginny was the final push to get me moving.  I practically slumped over when I read that.

How wonderful to see Julie posting again.  And congratulations on all of your projects.  I am really looking forward to seeing the film.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2010, 04:05:46 PM »

When I turned on the computer, I was wondering why we were barely on Page Four.  Now I understand.  Fear of shrapnel.
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2010, 04:16:32 PM »

Yes, Cilla...and yet we got info about Jayne (a sister-in-law) and Richard.  No mention of Rob.  A mother with sons asks about other mother's sons.

Obviously, the question was directed at the wrong person on the wrong day and at the wrong time.  Not that there ever seems to be a right time lately.

Kiss my ass, Ron.

Go to hell, Larry!

:D

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2010, 04:18:00 PM »

When I turned on the computer, I was wondering why we were barely on Page Four.  Now I understand.  Fear of shrapnel.

LOL!! :D

Cillaliz

« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2010, 04:23:23 PM »

Ok JRand, is the Cosmic Cross playing havoc with us all?

Cillaliz

« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2010, 04:26:05 PM »

From a friend's facebook page.  This photo cracks me up

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2010, 04:26:33 PM »

Not sure why

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2010, 04:30:38 PM »

Ok LA people...  My niece (14) and nephew (11) and the DP's mom are coming for a visit.  We are heading to Disneyland for a few days, but want to stop in LA/Hollywood for 4-5 hours.  What are the best sites to show them?  The kids have never been to CA before.  We were thinking Rodeo Drive, lunch at Pinks, etc.  Is there anything anyone can think of that should not be missed?

Personally I would go take children to the Santa Monica Pier & possibly combine it with the 3rd Street Promenade.   Can you tell I'm not a fan of Hollywood?  Of course tourist enjoy stepping in the hand & footprints of their favorite stars.  Rodeo Drive is rather small & more interesting for adults.  What about the Farmers Market?

Jane - think "tweenagers": Hollywood Walk of Fame, Chinese Theatre, Ripley's Museum, La Brea Tar Pits etc.

der Brucer

The Tar Pits, good suggestion.

Jane

« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2010, 04:33:30 PM »

Not to jump in the fray or anything, but when a family is as close as Ginny's obviously is, and Rob is so close geographically, I can see why it would be amusing to be asked if he was there. Not amusing in a bad way, but amusing in the "where else would he be at a time like that" sort of way.

I thought I asked if he arrived safely.  Big difference between is he there. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2010, 04:33:31 PM »

Well, everyone can kiss my ASS. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2010, 04:33:57 PM »

Let's all calm down and enjoy the pretty day, should it be pretty where you are.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2010, 04:37:28 PM »

This day has finally ended.  Grant came by, agreed about the only spot to hang the Thurber, which he hung.  That's all we did, and then we ate at the Studio Cafe, which I must say was not good today.  I then went to the framers and got that done, then picked up a few packages, and then came home to a little panic call from the Music Center.  Seems Mr. Menken will be with us at the session and everyone was suddenly worried if we'd scheduled enough time to do everything.  I reminded the assembled that I've done a LOT of sessions, including a bunch of these Music Center ones and that I know how to book.  But I assured everyone that we had plenty of time and if things went over then we'd just go later - we have the studio until we finish.  That put everyone at ease.  But since we're recording exactly two minutes of music, I'm not concerned at all.  This isn't a cast album - this is for a radio spot.  It will all be fine, and I look forward to seeing Alan and Michael Kosarin, his music man.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #109 on: August 05, 2010, 04:43:56 PM »

BK, will you post a picture of the hung Thurber?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: August 05, 2010, 04:55:18 PM »

Not to jump in the fray or anything, but when a family is as close as Ginny's obviously is, and Rob is so close geographically, I can see why it would be amusing to be asked if he was there. Not amusing in a bad way, but amusing in the "where else would he be at a time like that" sort of way.

I thought I asked if he arrived safely.  Big difference between is he there. :)

I think we can assume he did since Richard didn't mention shuffling between two hospital rooms!
 ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2010, 04:56:04 PM »

Yes, Cilla...and yet we got info about Jayne (a sister-in-law) and Richard.  No mention of Rob.  A mother with sons asks about other mother's sons.

Obviously, the question was directed at the wrong person on the wrong day and at the wrong time.  Not that there ever seems to be a right time lately.

Kiss my ass, Ron.

Go to hell, Larry!

:D

I never do requests.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2010, 04:56:32 PM »

From Me:
Is Richard doing ok?  Do you know if Rob arrived safely?

DR elmore, safely is the key word here.

LOL-Now I know why my question went through the phone line (remember the game?) and came out "amusing".  Under normal conditions I would wonder what Richard must think of me.  Under these he probably didn't give me a second thought.

DR elmore please forgive DR Ron for defending me.  You interpreted my questions differently than I intended which affected your responses, and Ron understood my true intention. 

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2010, 04:57:07 PM »

Hello everyone,

I've been intending to drop in and say hello to you all for so long, but today, reading Cilla's note on Facebook about DR Ginny was the final push to get me moving.  I practically slumped over when I read that.

Ginny - my thoughts and prayers are with you, and many vibes are being sent your way.  I hope you have a very speedy recovery. 

Thank you Larry for posting about your conversation.  It sounds like there is some good news there.

And hello to everyone else.  I hope you are all doing well, and I am going to try to spend a little time today and go back over the last few days and see what everyone's currently up to.

I've been doing well myself, but I've been quite busy with several different projects happening to rev up at the same time. 

I have a show going up next week at the Fringe Festival, called The Hurricane Katrina Comedy Festival, which is actually quite moving and good, and not at all about a comedy festival.

And next month, I have a show going up at NYMF called Show Choir! - The Musical.  We have auditions for that tomorrow. 

And Clear Blue Tuesday, if any of you remember that, is finally getting it's opening -- the film starts showing at the Quad Cinema here in Manhattan on September 3, and we'll have a two week run of five screenings a day.

So lots of things going on.  Busy Busy - but in a very good way.

Vibes to Ginny.

Neat! Our film opens at The Quad on Nov 5th. I hope your film comes to Atlanta!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2010, 04:57:49 PM »

Thurber was hung - I'm not touching that with either a ten-foot pole or a five-foot Czech.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2010, 04:57:49 PM »

From Me:
Is Richard doing ok?  Do you know if Rob arrived safely?

DR elmore, safely is the key word here.

LOL-Now I know why my question went through the phone line (remember the game?) and came out "amusing".  Under normal conditions I would wonder what Richard must think of me.  Under these he probably didn't give me a second thought.

DR elmore please forgive DR Ron for defending me.  You interpreted my questions differently than I intended which affected your responses, and Ron understood my true intention. 

I didn't appreciate the personal attack from the authority on All Things Mother.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2010, 04:57:58 PM »

I'll go take a photograph.

Cillaliz

« Reply #117 on: August 05, 2010, 05:00:22 PM »

I'll go take a photograph.

Of all things mother? ;)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2010, 05:00:34 PM »

Let's all calm down and enjoy the pretty day, should it be pretty where you are.

Heat index of 101. Not enjoying the day, but maybe the night after it cools off a bit.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2010, 05:02:49 PM »

VIBES TO DR JANE>>>>>> Glad she arrived back at this here site safely ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up