Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: BEREFT OF A TITLE  (Read 22109 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re: BEREFT OF A TITLE
« Reply #210 on: August 06, 2010, 07:33:18 PM »

Happy Birthday to DW Betsy! When are you going to LA, JMK?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #211 on: August 06, 2010, 07:33:44 PM »

Page 8, that's great!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #212 on: August 06, 2010, 07:35:51 PM »

I went looking for a picture of a black squirrel (I have some shots of them packed away, drinking at the water fountain with me) and discovered that February is Black Squirrel History Month.

http://lotterysquirrel.com/2010/02/01/welcome-to-the-first-day-of-black-squirrel®-history-month/

Occasionally we would see black squirrels in Michigan.  :D

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #213 on: August 06, 2010, 08:50:06 PM »

thank youTD!!  so vedry kimdof youto give me gift on your birthday!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #214 on: August 06, 2010, 08:50:38 PM »

Elmore 0 thank you for sharing that most welcome news about Ginny

vixmom

« Reply #215 on: August 06, 2010, 08:51:34 PM »

Dan the Man your use of the word of the  day made me laugh out loud

vixmom

« Reply #216 on: August 06, 2010, 08:53:08 PM »

Ben whata lovley surprise for Ant!! I hope you have awonderful trip!  Happy 15th aniversary!!

vixmom

« Reply #217 on: August 06, 2010, 08:53:33 PM »

Happy Birthday to Betsey!!

MBarnum

« Reply #218 on: August 06, 2010, 09:04:54 PM »

Happy birthday to Betsy (does she have to make her own cake?) and happy anniversary to  Ben and Anthony!!

td

• td
« Reply #219 on: August 06, 2010, 09:08:17 PM »

thank youTD!!  so vedry kimdof youto give me gift on your birthday!!!

I hope you enjoy your gift!  I know that I do.  :)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #220 on: August 06, 2010, 09:16:36 PM »

Ijust got off of a long telephonic conversation with cousins in Kansas.  Wonderful way to wind down the evening.

vixmom

« Reply #221 on: August 06, 2010, 09:19:17 PM »

did your cake taste as good as it looked?

td

• td
« Reply #222 on: August 06, 2010, 09:24:03 PM »

did your cake taste as good as it looked?

There are three pieces in the fridge, c'mon over and try some.  :)

Absolutely decadent and delectable.

Cillaliz

« Reply #223 on: August 06, 2010, 10:08:17 PM »

Have fun in Toronto, Cillaliz. That's one of my favorite cities...love it there!

Suggestions?

Since you're preservation minded, you might like:

http://www.casaloma.org/

They filmed the Mckenzie brother's movie STRANGE BREW there!

Also, Second City is fun.

And they have a terrific symphony. You can get a cheap "rush" ticket at the last minute, @ $20 on the day of the concert. Get there early, they go on sale at 10AM. It's fun to get a seat behind the orchestra. I haven't seen their current conductor but used to go a lot when Andrew Davis was there.

The zoo is nice, too!

Food-wise, they have a GREAT big Chinatown, pretty much any place with dead stuff hanging in the windows is a good bet.

Our exec producer for the baseball film lives in Toronto so I'll check with him, although I suspect he goes to fancier restaurants than I do.

Another thing I like is that I've worked there at all hours and it always seems safe to be walking around at night. I could have a false sense of security, though.

The Distillery District is supposed to be pretty cool; I haven't been there since it was developed but hear good things about it.

Go shopping in Yorkville if you have too much money. And look for the little black squirrels in public parks. They keep their eyes peeled for people using the water fountains and then hop up and drink the rest of the water after you're done!
Thanks!  I know we have receptions on Thurs, Fri and Sat night.  One is at the CN tower, one at the hotel and one - I don't know where but the guest is the author Jon Krakauer.   Casa Loma looks interesting.  I am going to be going to the seminar during the day on Thurs and Fri, so not too much time to play.  So the suggestions really help me to figure out what to do with the little time I will have

Cillaliz

« Reply #224 on: August 06, 2010, 10:09:53 PM »

I went looking for a picture of a black squirrel (I have some shots of them packed away, drinking at the water fountain with me) and discovered that February is Black Squirrel History Month.

http://lotterysquirrel.com/2010/02/01/welcome-to-the-first-day-of-black-squirrel®-history-month/

Who knew!?

Cillaliz

« Reply #225 on: August 06, 2010, 10:14:22 PM »

Since I don't have time to read both Into The Wild and Where Men Win Glory, the Jon Krakauer book about Pat Tillman, before I go, I watched the movie of Into the Wild tonight.  Now I want to read the book. I think I'll like it better.   

I read Under the Banner of Heaven a while back and am now reading Where Men Win Glory.  It's already interesting and I just got started. 

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #226 on: August 06, 2010, 11:52:52 PM »

Well, spaghetti at the parents' house with the family and a friend of my mom's was quite fun.  A bit of conversation went on before we all left.  If I'd stayed at work until 8:15 pm (I have very flexible working hours), I would've worked all my hours for this week.  Since I went to my parents' house, I'm going to go to work tomorrow (which is not really that unusual for me) for two and a half hours.  But it's still going to be a long day tomorrow....
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #227 on: August 06, 2010, 11:53:52 PM »

At 2:17 pm (yes, that specific time), I'm auditioning for the Olympia Audition League, where three local theater groups have one group audition.  You select on-line which shows you want to be considered for, then you just have one audition in front of ALL the directors of ALL the shows.  Talk about nerve-wracking!  But one's nerves must be wracked if one is to be considered for a spot in a show...or three.  I've put down that I want to be considered for the three musicals.  Since TAO is remounting Cannibal! The Musical!, and I was in it the last time, I figure I've at least got a better than average chance at that. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #228 on: August 06, 2010, 11:59:40 PM »

And then tomorrow evening, I'm going to a going-away-party for a couple of friends of mine who are moving to NYC!  They both have girlfriends (yes, they both really are straight) but I don't know if their girlfriends will be going to New York with them.  I met the guys (I haven't met either of their girlfriends) doing the first production of Cannibal! The Musical!...now, they won't be around for the second version. 

But good for them! ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: August 07, 2010, 12:54:29 AM »

Back from a very long session for all the usual reasons - but I kept everything light and fun and while we really should have been out by ten or ten-thirty we were out by midnight so it wasn't too too bad.  As I told the people from the theater, had I not been there it could and would have been much, much worse :)

Fun music, Alan Menken was there and we had a good time (and I showed him an app that he absolutely went bonkers over and couldn't stop playing with - he's already e-mailed it to his daughter).  Alan's agent and my pal, Richard Kraft came by and that was a good thing.  Raul Esparza was very nice, and the singers from the cast were quick and good - the band is really great.  Director Rob Ashford was there, although in his own world with his own people, and Glenn Slater, the co-librettist and lyricist was there - first time we'd met and what a nice guy he is.  We spoke fondly of dear reader FJL and his ever-lovin' Skip.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #230 on: August 07, 2010, 12:54:40 AM »

Now I must write the notes.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up