Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BUGGED BK  (Read 12207 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE BUGGED BK
« Reply #180 on: August 08, 2010, 06:13:57 PM »

Sleep well DR elmore!!!

Ginny

« Reply #181 on: August 08, 2010, 06:17:58 PM »

DR Ginny I know lots of people who have had heart attacks, stents, etc who have taken care of themselves and are in better condition & healthier today, many years later from the original date they were rushed to the hospital.

Yeah, DR Jane, I'd been thinking ever since I retired that I should start a fitness program.  Now my cardio rehab will be covered by insurance.  Pretty ironic, huh?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #182 on: August 08, 2010, 06:19:40 PM »

When DR Cillaliz asked about the condition in which I came home, I neglected to mention the incredible case of "bed head."  Just washed my hair, applied styling gel, and am about to blow-dry.  Since I'm about to go to bed, I'll skip the curling iron part, but it will look and smell better, at least.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #183 on: August 08, 2010, 06:36:57 PM »

DR Ginny.  Do you mind my asking what your symptoms were?  It must have been very scary at the time.

DR Jane - first my face hurt, like when you have a sinus infection, but it came on suddenly.  Almost instantly after that, I began to feel the pressure in the middle of my chest, a GERD-like knot at the base of my throat, and a threadiness to my voice.  When I looked back to the weekend and Monday, I'd had hot flashes (and I'm wa-a-a-ay beyond those...) that I'd blamed on that steroid shot I'd had the previous Friday.

I wonder if the breathing problems you had been experiencing were connected.

I've often read different symptoms of a heart attack & wonder how the heck will I know the difference.  This is a perfect example.  Did you know to request an ambulance or did someone else call?

After Richard retired, people would ask him how he knew it was time.  His reply was, "You'll just know."  I knew this was not like anything I'd ever experienced before and "just knew."  I thought maybe a clot had traveled to my heart or lungs, since that's something I'd been warned to watch for.  One of the ways people make a bad situation worse is to have someone drive them to the ER (or, egads, drive themselves) instead of calling 9-1-1.  I knew from some community training I'd had long ago and from our paramedic student son that there's a lot they can do for a patient in the squad and can have the ER supplied with some preliminary info about your condition when you arrive.  And since I was going to a hospital in the same network as our local one, even my insurance info, emergency contact info, and all that were already filled out.

Jane

« Reply #184 on: August 08, 2010, 06:48:26 PM »

When DR Cillaliz asked about the condition in which I came home, I neglected to mention the incredible case of "bed head."  Just washed my hair, applied styling gel, and am about to blow-dry.  Since I'm about to go to bed, I'll skip the curling iron part, but it will look and smell better, at least.

You hair has to have been better than mine was.  You were dressed for a meeting, I was grubby from hiking & planning on washing my hair when I returned home.  Five days later I still couldn't take a shower.  I think it was on the 7th or 8th day I was permitted, with assistance of course. Be grateful for the little things ;)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #185 on: August 08, 2010, 06:57:27 PM »

((((Oh Ginny))))

I am so sorry for not thinking of your Mom through this -

VIBES of comfort and relief for Ginny's Mom

Rapid Healing Vibes for Ginny
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #186 on: August 08, 2010, 07:00:10 PM »

der Brucer I like your breakfast menu!!

Jane

« Reply #187 on: August 08, 2010, 07:04:52 PM »

DR Ginny.  Do you mind my asking what your symptoms were?  It must have been very scary at the time.

DR Jane - first my face hurt, like when you have a sinus infection, but it came on suddenly.  Almost instantly after that, I began to feel the pressure in the middle of my chest, a GERD-like knot at the base of my throat, and a threadiness to my voice.  When I looked back to the weekend and Monday, I'd had hot flashes (and I'm wa-a-a-ay beyond those...) that I'd blamed on that steroid shot I'd had the previous Friday.

I wonder if the breathing problems you had been experiencing were connected.

I've often read different symptoms of a heart attack & wonder how the heck will I know the difference.  This is a perfect example.  Did you know to request an ambulance or did someone else call?

After Richard retired, people would ask him how he knew it was time.  His reply was, "You'll just know."  I knew this was not like anything I'd ever experienced before and "just knew."  I thought maybe a clot had traveled to my heart or lungs, since that's something I'd been warned to watch for.  One of the ways people make a bad situation worse is to have someone drive them to the ER (or, egads, drive themselves) instead of calling 9-1-1.  I knew from some community training I'd had long ago and from our paramedic student son that there's a lot they can do for a patient in the squad and can have the ER supplied with some preliminary info about your condition when you arrive.  And since I was going to a hospital in the same network as our local one, even my insurance info, emergency contact info, and all that were already filled out.

How very convenient the hospitals were affiliated! 

I appreciate the details & am grateful your symptoms were loud & clear, combined with the knowledge to call an ambulance instead of hitching a ride.

After lying on the ground for a long time I began to wonder the wisdom of not calling for an ambulance.  I was pleased to know I made the right choice, money wise anyway.  Injury wise it didn't matter.

Jennifer

« Reply #188 on: August 08, 2010, 07:18:07 PM »

DR Ginny hugs & vibes of comfort for your mother!!!

I was thinking about your mom while you were in the hospital and hoping that she was coping alright.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Laura

« Reply #189 on: August 08, 2010, 07:25:37 PM »

Oatmeal:
I put one cup of milk and a quarter cup of steel-cut oats in a container to soak overnight. In the morning, I just cook it until the milk reduces, as the soaking makes the oats much faster to cook. While it cooks I chop up some fruit (my favorite is peach) and a handful of walnuts and a bit of brown sugar. It makes a tasty breakfast that contains the oatmeal, a serving of milk, and a serving of fruit.

It is not always easy to eat oatmeal in Phoenix in August, but if it prevents a heart attack, I do it.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

vixmom

« Reply #190 on: August 08, 2010, 07:52:38 PM »

Barack Obama ona Saturday night?

Laura

« Reply #191 on: August 08, 2010, 08:11:48 PM »

Yup. Barack Obama on a Saturday night!

Cillaliz

« Reply #192 on: August 08, 2010, 08:48:53 PM »

We had a bad storm tonight. I had quite a few limbs down. I cleaned up for about an hour and a half. Lots more to do in the morning. No cable no internet. Think I'll go to bed.

Laura

« Reply #193 on: August 08, 2010, 08:57:37 PM »

I was just pulling up accuweather radar to see if we are going to get anything and I saw the big red storm cell over Iowa. I hope everything is ok.

td

• td
« Reply #194 on: August 08, 2010, 09:26:41 PM »

If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #195 on: August 08, 2010, 09:36:52 PM »

I appreciate the details & am grateful your symptoms were loud & clear, combined with the knowledge to call an ambulance instead of hitching a ride.

In my case, each angina attack had one added "feature" - a sense of dread (forboding?). My body seemed to sense that this was not indigestion, or a gall stone acting up but was an 'event' with which to deal. (With which I foolishly did NOT deal, but waited for my scheduled doctors appointment.)  Of course then angina attacks did not last long, and recovery was rapid.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #196 on: August 08, 2010, 09:41:40 PM »

The logo is a jpeg.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: August 08, 2010, 09:42:03 PM »

I loved Patricia Neal, as is probably obvious to anyone who's read my latest book.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #198 on: August 08, 2010, 09:47:29 PM »

Back from Young Frankenstein and would seriously like to throttle the sound designer and operator - theater, in case you didn't know, is theater - not a friggin' rock concert.  It ruins the show, which, because of the sound, seems relentless and trying much too hard for its laughs.  Whoever allowed such a sound design should re-think what they're doing for a living, and I would have to believe that is the director.  The show has many other problems, as well, but the movie jokes are still amusing, save for every single one of Madeline Kahn's jokes, none of which work because the actress (who I'm assuming has been told to do exactly what Megan Mullally did on B'way) is completely unfunny.  That is not her fault.  Maybe if they let her not imitate the former person she'd be better, but whoever thought what Miss Mullally was doing was amusing should think again.  What Miss Kahn did was amusing - truly.  Shuler Hensley was terrific as the Monster.  And Brad was excellent in his two roles.  He, I think, forgot to put me on the backstage list (not much of a list I have to say - three people) and I was asked to just stand there until he came out - I don't just stand there, so I left and will drop him a nice e-mail.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #199 on: August 08, 2010, 10:34:25 PM »

Happy Birthday Der Brucer  8)
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #200 on: August 08, 2010, 10:40:49 PM »

Vibes to everyone, and have a great Monday.  :)
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #201 on: August 08, 2010, 10:43:31 PM »

cd ordered  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up