Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BUGGED BK  (Read 12421 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THE BUGGED BK
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2010, 09:48:03 AM »

Nephew David and his daughter Sophie

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2010, 10:21:33 AM »

A very happy HHW birthday to Der B!!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2010, 10:23:51 AM »

An assassin entered DR Ginny's room and left this on her nightstand:

Carl's Jr. Double Guacamole Bacon Burger

der Brucer

Avocado, lettuce and tomato are good for you at least!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2010, 10:31:23 AM »

I'm in Annapolis!

I took the train to DC on Friday. After an extended stop (45 minutes) in the Philadelphia train station (we had some technical isses and as we were pulling out the conductor said "We will be leaving very shortly. we addressed most of the problems and feel we can proceed. The person in the seat next to me said "At least we're not on a plane!) I got into Union Station at about 8:45 (an hour and 15 minutes late). But that was OK because my friend had a work emergency and instead of me going to her apartment she was going to meet me at the station. She arrived at 9pm. We had some light dinner and then we went to her place. We talked for a bit and then went to bed.

I got some flowers for Anthony and we left for Annapolis about 11:30. Without traffic it's a quick drive. Most of the time there was very little traffic but once we got on the road to the theatre we hit heavy beach traffic. The show began at 2pm. We arrived at the theatre at 1:50! Luckily we made it on time. The director was in the lobby and I told her Anthony didn't know I was here and that I was planning on surprising him. She was very happy and excited. I sat with her during the show. Anthony came into the theatre just before curtain looking for our DC friends and didn't see them. He did, however, see the director and me but he didn't know who I was. It was dark enough that he didn't recognize me. He told me later he didn't know who was sitting with TinaMarie!

The show went very well and we went outside for the "reveal" There are chairs in the lobby so I sat down and my friends stood in front of me waiting for Anthony. Another friend of ours from Roanoke, VA was there as well. He didn't know I would be there and we told him about the surprise so he joined the line to hide me from view. Anthony came out and made his way through the people, chatting with everyone and having a good time. He came to Karen and Danny (DC and VA) and said how happy he was to see them, etc., etc. and then they said "We have a surprise for you." They stood apart (there were actually 4 people from DC) and I walked through, gave him flowers, said Happy Anniversary and watched him almost fall over. It was a complete surprise. I'm very happy it all came off without a hitch. He teared up and everyone applauded. Everyone in the cast gushed over the romance and it made me feel very good. After a week of yuk at work I made up for it in a minute by coming down here for a surprise.

Spontenaity is good and it clears the mind! I recommend it.

There is a party late this afternoon after the closing of the show. We will attend and then we will have High Tea early tomorrow at

Reynolds Tavern

We will then drive back to New York and being living the rest of the summer.

All in all, it's been a loverly weekend.

Awwwwww...I'm all verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves!

Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful way to celebrate!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2010, 10:36:17 AM »

Cilla I know how it feels to be left out of family activities.  My sister did it to me even when she knew I would be in town.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2010, 10:36:18 AM »

I'm in Annapolis!

I took the train to DC on Friday. After an extended stop (45 minutes) in the Philadelphia train station (we had some technical isses and as we were pulling out the conductor said "We will be leaving very shortly. we addressed most of the problems and feel we can proceed. The person in the seat next to me said "At least we're not on a plane!) I got into Union Station at about 8:45 (an hour and 15 minutes late). But that was OK because my friend had a work emergency and instead of me going to her apartment she was going to meet me at the station. She arrived at 9pm. We had some light dinner and then we went to her place. We talked for a bit and then went to bed.

I got some flowers for Anthony and we left for Annapolis about 11:30. Without traffic it's a quick drive. Most of the time there was very little traffic but once we got on the road to the theatre we hit heavy beach traffic. The show began at 2pm. We arrived at the theatre at 1:50! Luckily we made it on time. The director was in the lobby and I told her Anthony didn't know I was here and that I was planning on surprising him. She was very happy and excited. I sat with her during the show. Anthony came into the theatre just before curtain looking for our DC friends and didn't see them. He did, however, see the director and me but he didn't know who I was. It was dark enough that he didn't recognize me. He told me later he didn't know who was sitting with TinaMarie!

The show went very well and we went outside for the "reveal" There are chairs in the lobby so I sat down and my friends stood in front of me waiting for Anthony. Another friend of ours from Roanoke, VA was there as well. He didn't know I would be there and we told him about the surprise so he joined the line to hide me from view. Anthony came out and made his way through the people, chatting with everyone and having a good time. He came to Karen and Danny (DC and VA) and said how happy he was to see them, etc., etc. and then they said "We have a surprise for you." They stood apart (there were actually 4 people from DC) and I walked through, gave him flowers, said Happy Anniversary and watched him almost fall over. It was a complete surprise. I'm very happy it all came off without a hitch. He teared up and everyone applauded. Everyone in the cast gushed over the romance and it made me feel very good. After a week of yuk at work I made up for it in a minute by coming down here for a surprise.

There is a party late this afternoon after the closing of the show. We will attend and then we will have High Tea early tomorrow at

Reynolds Tavern

What a Fantastick story, DR Ben! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2010, 10:37:17 AM »

George wishes you get the show!

Laura

« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2010, 10:37:34 AM »

Great anniversary story, Ben! I'm glad it all worked out so well.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Jane

« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2010, 10:40:57 AM »

Yikes! :o Even I wouldn't try something like that!

Good!!!!  ;D

Jane

« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2010, 10:44:07 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR DERBRUCER!!

Jane

« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2010, 10:49:43 AM »

DR Ben the story of your anniversary surprise brought tears to my eyes.  It is a beautiful story :)

Jane

« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2010, 10:52:00 AM »

MBarnum thank you for the NetFlix releases.

Your new apartment sounds very nice & I expect you will find the changes to be for the best.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2010, 10:53:48 AM »

Cilla, it looks like you & the young ones enjoyed your small gathering. :)

Edisaurus

« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2010, 10:57:34 AM »

Since I am now unemployed, I thought I would catch up on the pro bono projects sitting on my shelf. The first thing was bk's TWO'S COMPANY benefit. When I got these tapes, there was no note or anything attached so I thought they were the master tapes. bk had said the camera work was bumpy at times and he just wanted to use the 2 angles to smooth out the performance but if I didn't have time to do it, it wasn't a big deal. I haven't had more than a day or two off at a time until now, and no drive space, so I was glad to finally tackle it. I didn't mention that I was starting this because I thought it would be more fun just to send a DVD in the mail as a surprise. 

The surprise was on me, though. I got the program information from the notes, after editing about 25 minutes of the show, I didn't know where one of the songs came from, so I went searching for information and found most of these songs from the show on youtube already edited!  Duh....

That must have happened was when I was finishing the Mercer cluster-film and starting the Baseball film, and I was off HHW for awhile and totally missed this. So it was fun to watch the performances while I was loading and the person who cut the youtube clips did a very nice job. And it's always fun to compare how different editors cut the same footage!

Guess I'll send those tapes back and start on the next one on the shelf. (Which won't be nearly as fun!)

Edisaurus

« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2010, 10:59:02 AM »

Cilla I know how it feels to be left out of family activities.  My sister did it to me even when she knew I would be in town.

My step sister didn't invite me to either of her weddings, or the anniversary party she threw for her mom and my dad, so I can also relate!

Jane

« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2010, 11:14:30 AM »

Edi your father must have been hurt by that. :(

Enjoy your unemployment and vibes it doesn't last long!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2010, 11:15:31 AM »

A Very Happy Birthday to Der Brucer!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2010, 11:16:21 AM »

Vibes to George!!!

George wishes you get the show!

Thanks, FJL and Jane.  Unfortunately, I just don't know when I'll find out. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2010, 11:16:46 AM »

Very nice pictures, Cilla!

George

« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2010, 11:17:22 AM »

I'm in Annapolis!

Reynolds Tavern

That's so sweet!  Happy Official Anniversary, Ben and Ant!!

Ginny

« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2010, 11:21:59 AM »

Sunday afternoon greetings from HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Jain (as opposed to DR Jane), woke me up at 10:50pm last night to say he'd be back this morning, probably to release me.  He was wearing scrubs, so must have gotten involved in something pretty complicated during the day yesterday.  He arrived a little after 9am and Richard and I were on the way home by 11:30.  We dropped 4 new prescriptions off at the pharmacy and came home to have lunch just as Rob and Mary Linda were finishing their breakfast.  We're now all just relaxing before ML starts her trip back to MI.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2010, 11:28:31 AM »

Edi your father must have been hurt by that. :(

Enjoy your unemployment and vibes it doesn't last long!!

They probably told him that I was "too busy", and he would believe whatever they say so I'm sure it didn't bother him.

I am kind of enjoying unemployment but am wondering if I'll ever work at Turner again. They are converting all the AVID rooms (my editing system) to Final Cut, which is a tough transition and not a good system for long-form projects, so I'm not anxious to get up to speed right now just to abandon it when I start the next film in late fall. I may just try to use my time off constructively.

I have done things like go to the dentist, had my first physical (all cholesterol #s are in a good range and the electrode hooky up thing said everything looked good. I've been getting lots of exercise, walking 10-15 miles a week, eating very healthily and have lost 11 lbs in the past 2 months, so I'm hoping I'm establishing good habits that will last when I get busy and stressout out again.

And now I can tackle my taxes!

Ginny

« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2010, 11:29:19 AM »

Happiest of birthdays to DR der Brucer - and I think I'll pass on the burger & fries!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2010, 11:29:29 AM »

Congratulations, Ginny!!

~~~CONTINUED RECOVERY VIBES!!~~~

Edisaurus

« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2010, 11:29:44 AM »

Hoo and Ray, Ginny is home today! Congratulations!

Ginny

« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2010, 11:29:47 AM »

Happiest of anniversaries to DR Ben and Anthony - and travel vibes!

Ginny

« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2010, 11:30:13 AM »

Thanks, DRs George & Edi!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2010, 11:37:36 AM »

Well, I needed a good sleep and I had one.  I got up at eleven.  Actually I awoke at nine but went right back to sleep.  It's a pretty day out, and I've answered all the e-mails.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2010, 11:38:33 AM »

Jennifer - I asked him to close the dispute and told him it was bad form to have opened it - I also assured him that we have great customer service and that if, for some reason, his CD doesn't arrive, that we would send out a replacement immediately.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2010, 11:39:25 AM »

edisaurus - yes, I think you were away when I finally decided to have the footage cut - hope you didn't spend too much time, although it would be fun to see what you did with it. :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up