Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BUGGED BK  (Read 12405 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE BUGGED BK
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2010, 11:40:44 AM »

elmore - I wasn't really angry, and it was only yesterday, and I just got in the shower and washed it off and was fine.  People are just idiots sometimes, and I'm sure that includes the likes of me every now and then.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2010, 11:45:51 AM »

And speaking of showers, it's time for me to take one.  Then, I'm going with the family on a picnic. 

Have a good day, all!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

KevinH

« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2010, 11:52:45 AM »

Loved your story, DR Ben!   

KevinH

« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2010, 11:53:35 AM »

So glad you're out of the hospital, DR Ginny!

Ginny

« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2010, 11:54:25 AM »

Thank you, DR Kevin H!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2010, 11:55:45 AM »

Thank you for yesterday's comments, DRs:

Jennifer
Jane
George
Druxy
JRand
JohnG
KevinH
Vixmom
Ben
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2010, 11:56:46 AM »

A VERY HEARTFELT BIRTHDAY

WISH TO DR derBRUCER!!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2010, 12:00:52 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings from HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Jain (as opposed to DR Jane), woke me up at 10:50pm last night to say he'd be back this morning, probably to release me.  He was wearing scrubs, so must have gotten involved in something pretty complicated during the day yesterday.  He arrived a little after 9am and Richard and I were on the way home by 11:30.  We dropped 4 new prescriptions off at the pharmacy and came home to have lunch just as Rob and Mary Linda were finishing their breakfast.  We're now all just relaxing before ML starts her trip back to MI.

Excellent news!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2010, 12:02:51 PM »

elmore - I wasn't really angry, and it was only yesterday, and I just got in the shower and washed it off and was fine.  People are just idiots sometimes, and I'm sure that includes the likes of me every now and then.

You just don't want to talk to DR MBarnum! ;)
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2010, 12:03:33 PM »

As promised, here is the new Kritzerland release - and I cannot tell you how great this score is.  You know the drill - it's 19.98 plus 3.75 shipping via paypal to kritzerland at adelphia dot net.

“O GOD THAT MADE THIS BEAUTIFUL EARTH, WHEN WILL IT BE READY TO RECEIVE THY SAINTS? HOW LONG, O LORD, HOW LONG?" 

Kritzerland is proud to present a new limited edition soundtrack CD:

SAINT JOAN

Music Composed and Conducted by Mischa Spoliansky

Joan of Arc has served as inspiration to many filmmakers and actresses over the years – from Carl Theodore Dryer’s The Trial of Joan of Arc (starring Falconetti), to Joan of Arc (starring Ingrid Bergman), to Luc Besson’s The Messenger (starring Milla Jovovich), with many stops in between, the story of the girl who heard voices has been told in many different ways.  Each approach – in style, storytelling and performance – was completely different. 

Otto Preminger’s 1957 film of George Bernard Shaw’s play Saint Joan is probably his most maligned film (even more so than Skidoo) – the critical reaction was downbeat and downright nasty, and the film was a huge box-office disaster.  Part of the reason for this is because he chose to go with a very young and completely unknown actress as Joan – the beautiful seventeen-year-old Jean Seberg.  For critics and audiences she was not up to the demands of the role, especially in the company of such superb players as Richard Widmark, John Gielgud, Richard Todd, Kenneth Haigh, Harry Andrews, and Anton Walbrook.  The film came and went quickly, and, over the years, has either been completely forgotten or counted as one of the director’s lesser films by all but a handful of people.   The director himself said he realized that his film was a failure.  Jean Seberg said, “I have two memories of Saint Joan.  The first was being burned at the stake in the picture.  The second was being burned at the stake by the critics.  The latter hurt more.  I was scared like a rabbit and it showed on the screen.  It was not a good experience at all.  I started where most actresses end up.”

But time is the great leveler and occasionally time is kind to certain films.  Watching Saint Joan today, away from all the hullabaloo and critical brickbats, one finds a compelling film (with a screenplay by Graham Greene), beautifully acted and with, surprise of surprises, an incandescent performance by Jean Seberg.

For Saint Joan, Preminger hired Mischa Spoliansky, not exactly a film composer whose name was known to the public, even though he’d provided great scores for numerous films by then, including the scores for many high-profile films like The Private Life of Don Juan, Sanders of the River (starring Paul Robeson, and for which Spoliansky composed several songs), The Man Who Could Work Miracles, King Solomon’s Mines, Wanted for Murder, The Happiest Days of Our Lives, and many others.  Spoliansky’s main theme for the film is astonishingly beautiful and evocative, and his dramatic scoring accompanies Preminger’s stately visuals masterfully.  Every cue in the film helps underscore the characters’ many and varied emotions.

For this first ever CD release of Saint Joan, we used the original album masters housed in the Capitol/EMI vaults.   The score was recorded and released in mono.   For an LP presentation back then, it was quite long – over 38 minutes, and the album contained all of Spoliansky’s score.  On the LP, cues were combined, and rather artfully so, so we’ve left our CD in the exact album configuration.  The cover art is by the brilliant Saul Bass.

This release is limited to 1000 copies only.  The price is $19.98 plus shipping

CD will ship by the second week of September – however, preorders placed directly through Kritzerland usually ship one to five weeks earlier (we’ve been averaging four weeks early).   To place an order, see the cover, or hear audio samples, just visit www.kritzerland.com.

Now, if I order this CD today, can you make sure that it is mailed no later than tomorrow?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #100 on: August 08, 2010, 12:05:56 PM »

Yikes! :o Even I wouldn't try something like that!

I would.......... and have.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2010, 12:15:33 PM »

I created a Facebook "event" for the Gardenia show - can someone please let me know that it's showing up - also, I put in the special logo we had done, but on my screen it's showing up as a negative image - it should have white lettering and for me the lettering is black - for the designer, it's showing up white.  Weird.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #102 on: August 08, 2010, 12:34:19 PM »

First, heart-felt thanks for the good wishes from:

BK
John G
Thom
Druxy
FJL
td
Jrand
Jennifer
KevinH
Laura
Kerry
JMK
Elmore
Ben
Vixmom
ArnoldMBrockman
CillaLiz
Edisaurus
Jane
George
Ginny
TCB

and lurkers, one and all.

It's so nice to still have the working equipment to give heart-felt thanks.

der Brucer

Goodness my thank you list is longer than Elmore's Death/Dismemberment/Deportaion list - but not as long as BK's Kiss My Ass list.
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: August 08, 2010, 12:44:57 PM »

Ginny, I can't tell you how thrilled I am to know that you are HOME.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2010, 12:46:00 PM »

I have no idea if this event thing posted correctly.  It's on my profile page but I don't see it anywhere else.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #105 on: August 08, 2010, 12:46:57 PM »

I have no idea if this event thing posted correctly.  It's on my profile page but I don't see it anywhere else.

I didn't find it yet.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #106 on: August 08, 2010, 12:48:23 PM »

Ginny, I can't tell you how thrilled I am to know that you are HOME.

Thanks, DR TCB - how did you know that our house is blue?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2010, 12:52:35 PM »

Hmmm, haven't you posted a photo?  Or aren't I a lucky son of a gun?
“One thing’s universal,

DERBRUCER

« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2010, 01:05:21 PM »

Speaking of food. What's on the menu?

We were planning on dining out until until both of us needing new specks emptied the bank account, so: last night I retrieved a nice 5 lb  long island ducking from its freezer resting place.  I suspect he will be glazed with a hot-pepper jelly or an orange marmalade and pan roasted; if Woody is feeling the need to vent some hostility, the duck might get spatchcocked.

We have some fresh Brussels Sprouts from the farmer's market which will be lightly sauteed and dressed with balsamic and maybe some fresh grated Parmesan.

I suspect wild rice or one of its relatives will made an appearance.

For dessert I'll probably dish up some 1/2 fat Vanilla Ice Cream, slice up some fresh picked white peaches and maybe give it a celebratory splash of Grand Marnier..

To drink, probably a Beldian Lambic Ale -  Lindeman's Kriek (sour cherry) or Cassis (currant).

der Brucer 

DERBRUCER

« Reply #109 on: August 08, 2010, 01:14:14 PM »

Ginny, I was going to suggest a spell in Las Vegas for cardiac rehab, but now this sad news:

Las Vegas Considers Hula-Hoop Ban

Young Lady - Cease and Desist; go back to the slots or crap table for your recreation

der Brucer

Thom

« Reply #110 on: August 08, 2010, 01:19:58 PM »

I created a Facebook "event" for the Gardenia show - can someone please let me know that it's showing up - also, I put in the special logo we had done, but on my screen it's showing up as a negative image - it should have white lettering and for me the lettering is black - for the designer, it's showing up white.  Weird.

All I see is a blue and white "31."

Cillaliz

« Reply #111 on: August 08, 2010, 01:23:47 PM »

Cilla I know how it feels to be left out of family activities.  My sister did it to me even when she knew I would be in town.

Well, I have to confess this time I jumped to conclusions.  Adam decided at the last minute to go to town for his class reunion.  They didn't know he was going to be there. can't plan for that.  My bad.

Cillaliz

« Reply #112 on: August 08, 2010, 01:31:16 PM »

GINNY IS HOME!!!! That's the best news I've heard in ages!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2010, 01:44:56 PM »

All I see is a blue and white "31."

Same here - but all the event text was intact and I was able to reply to the invite.

der Brucer
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 01:47:27 PM by DERBRUCER »

td

• td
« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2010, 01:45:10 PM »

And The Song Of The Day Is:  I SING THE BODY ELECTRIC

Thank you for that. 
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

MBarnum

« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2010, 01:45:12 PM »

Welcome home DR Ginny!!!

td

• td
« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2010, 01:46:24 PM »

Ginny is home!  Hoo and Ray!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

MBarnum

« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2010, 01:47:05 PM »

And Der Brucer, I almost forgot to wish you happy birthday! Hope your day is swell!!

Happy birthday from me and Mr. Squirmy Worm!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #118 on: August 08, 2010, 01:50:32 PM »

And Der Brucer, I almost forgot to wish you happy birthday! Hope your day is swell!!

Happy birthday from me and Mr. Squirmy Worm!

Thank you.

Will Mr Squirmy Worm hop on a  hook so I can catch a fish for dinner?

der Brucer
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 01:55:23 PM by DERBRUCER »

Ginny

« Reply #119 on: August 08, 2010, 01:59:43 PM »

Thank you, DRs MBarnum and td!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up