News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: PH1  (Read 8971 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
PH1
« on: August 12, 2010, 12:06:20 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had a liberal dose of PH1, and now it is time for you to post until the alarming cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: PH1
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 12:06:51 AM »

And the word of the day is: KOAN!

Ben

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 02:08:29 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 04:55:37 AM »

Good morning, all! For reasons known only to my subconscious, my dream last night was about Nanette Fabray and the musical ARMS AND THE GIRL. God knows why but I haven't the slightest.

Tonight I have dinner with Val my Barnes & Noble friend, and I have the day to deal with other things, such as "My Heart Is So Full Of You" and some Victor Herbert notes.

Ron and Dona Raines are off to the Berkshires today around 11 am to see Charlotte, so he's stopping by this morning with the CDs he did not drop off yesterday; he had an audition for THE GOOD WIFE and the Roundabout ANYTHING GOES, I believe. I'll give him Dona's birthday gift since they won't be around tomorrow.

TOD: my first romantic crush was Sherry Caine, who lived up the street.  At age 10 or so, she was quite pretty, quite a bitch, and quite horrid to me. I must admit, though, that at age 10, I was no catch, and some things never change.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 05:13:48 AM »

Dreams of Nanette Fabray, DR Elmore? I don't think I've ever dreamed of her, though I love her singing in "Make a Wish."

I, too, had a version of Sherry Caine. Her name was Melanie S. (can't remember the last name correctly) and in seventh grade I was smitten. I was also laughed at and ridiculed by her and our classmates alike. Love's true course never did run smooth.

Is living with love the greatest koan of all?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 05:35:25 AM »

Ah Hoe. Accent on the Ah.

It means "garlic" in Spanish.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 05:55:28 AM »

TOD:

Joan Collins...back in the 1950s.
You can dream…or you can do.

Kerry

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 05:56:47 AM »

Good day!
I like boat races.

Jennifer

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 05:58:43 AM »

Yesterday DR Vixmom wrote re: getting a GPS:
Vixdad was talking about getting one for me for my birthday  - I never saw the use for one - but on MOnday I had to go to a closing in Westchester county and one of my co-workers insisted I use her  GPS -  well it was so nice having this lady telling me where to turn - and I got there and back very easily --

the only thing I didn't like was that it did noyt speak the street names  just said turn in 1/4 mile mile  turn  right now .. etc -
   Iunderstand that soome of them  willsay turn right on Maple  Avenue....

and soem allow you to choose the voice that will talk to you

On Friday the Vixfamily will embark on a little 4 day trip to the great state of Pennsylvania  to visit the Sweetest Place ob Earth....

I thought perhaps since Radio Shack is having a GPS sale we should stop in there on Friday morning and pick one up

My sister just got one and she really likes it. But you are right. Some (even the newer ones) do not say the name of the street, which is obviously helpful.

Also, she had to return her first one becasue it did not explain the route beforehand. She likes to be able to see her whole route including street hnames ahead of time.

I think if you get one tha you like it can be amazing. They can reroute you if you have to go a different way. I would think that you would like it very much.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 06:00:22 AM by Jennifer »

Jennifer

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 06:01:31 AM »

DR Vixmom re: the GPS. Yes they will allow you to pick the voice. BUT, not really. There are only one or two voices that are programmed with ALL the info (street names...)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 06:09:54 AM »

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts.  Much appreciated.

I will be leaving in a bit for the viewing/service and trek to the Cloverdale Cemetery.  THEN over to Vickie's for awhile.....and then out to the theatre to sell tickets for the opening night of BYE BYE BIRDIE.....and then after the show clean up the auditorium.

I love days like this.....in 96 degree heat.....NOT!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 07:05:21 AM »

And the word of the day is: KOAN!

And The Song Of The Day Is:   A PUZZLEMENT

Kerry

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 07:29:02 AM »

How wonderful to be so blessed:

::)   From Mrs. Susan Wong

Dearest in the Lord,

My greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, how are you and your entire ministry, I hope you are doing well. I received your contact information from a Christian website. It is true that we are just knowing each other for the first time, but I strongly believe that God has made it possible.

Please, I want you to give this message your urgent attention and get back to me so that I can give you more information on this. It is by the grace of God that I received Christ, having known the truth, I had no choice than to do what is right and just in the sight of God and man. I thank God for His Mercies, grace and glory upon my life.

Before I give you more information, let me officially introduce myself to you. My name is Mrs Susan Wong, I was married to the late Mr Hector Wong who worked with Cape Verde Embassy in Cote d'Ivoire for nine years before he died in the year 2005. We were married for Sixteen years without a child. He finally came back to Cote d'Ivoire to establish an export company after his retirement. He died after a brief illness that lasted for only four days. After his death, I could no longer manage the exporting company because of my critical health condition.

Before his death we were both born again Christians and we loved God. Since after his death I decided not to remarry or get a child outside my matrimonial home which the Bible is against. When my late husband was alive, he deposited the total sum of US$7,500,000.00 in one of the prime bank here in the country.

The reason why I contacted you is because you are a Christian (servant of God) and I want to donate the money to you because of my health condition. Recently, my Doctor told me that I would not last for the next Eight months due to cancer problem. The one that disturbs me most is my stroke sickness. Having known my condition, I decided to donate this fund to a church, organization like yours or a Christian that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct herein. I want a church or a Christian that will use this fund for orphanages, widows, charity organizations, NGO anywhere in the World in helping human race and propagating the word of God and to endeavour that the house of God is maintained and to promote the gospel. You can also use part of it to build hospital, schools and houses to rent out to the poor and homeless people at a cheaper cost. I want you to use the money to glorify the name of God.

The Bible made us to understand that "Blessed is the hand that gives”. I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money and my husband relatives are not Christians and I don't want my husband's efforts to be used by unbelievers and misused. This is why I am taking this decision to donate the money to you because I know that you are a Christian. I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I want you to stand as my next of kin and co-beneficiary to receive the money.

I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord. Exodus 14 VS 14 says that "the lord will fight my case and I shall hold my peace". I want the money to be transferred to your account as soon as possible because of my health condition.

When my late husband deposited the fund, he used my name as the next of kin. All I have to do is to sign an authorization letter in your name as my co-beneficiary and also instruct the bank to transfer the money to you.

As soon as I receive your reply, I shall give you more details on how the money will be transferred to you.

I want you to always put me in your daily prayer. My happiness is that I lived a life of a worthy Christian. I will send you more information when I receive your response. Let me hear from you urgently.

Remain blessed in the Lord.
Yours in Christ
Mrs Susan Wong.
I like boat races.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 07:36:57 AM »

How wonderful to be so blessed:

::)   From Mrs. Susan Wong

Dearest in the Lord,

My greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, how are you and your entire ministry, I hope you are doing well. I received your contact information from a Christian website. It is true that we are just knowing each other for the first time, but I strongly believe that God has made it possible.

Please, I want you to give this message your urgent attention and get back to me so that I can give you more information on this. It is by the grace of God that I received Christ, having known the truth, I had no choice than to do what is right and just in the sight of God and man. I thank God for His Mercies, grace and glory upon my life.

Before I give you more information, let me officially introduce myself to you. My name is Mrs Susan Wong, I was married to the late Mr Hector Wong who worked with Cape Verde Embassy in Cote d'Ivoire for nine years before he died in the year 2005. We were married for Sixteen years without a child. He finally came back to Cote d'Ivoire to establish an export company after his retirement. He died after a brief illness that lasted for only four days. After his death, I could no longer manage the exporting company because of my critical health condition.

Before his death we were both born again Christians and we loved God. Since after his death I decided not to remarry or get a child outside my matrimonial home which the Bible is against. When my late husband was alive, he deposited the total sum of US$7,500,000.00 in one of the prime bank here in the country.

The reason why I contacted you is because you are a Christian (servant of God) and I want to donate the money to you because of my health condition. Recently, my Doctor told me that I would not last for the next Eight months due to cancer problem. The one that disturbs me most is my stroke sickness. Having known my condition, I decided to donate this fund to a church, organization like yours or a Christian that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct herein. I want a church or a Christian that will use this fund for orphanages, widows, charity organizations, NGO anywhere in the World in helping human race and propagating the word of God and to endeavour that the house of God is maintained and to promote the gospel. You can also use part of it to build hospital, schools and houses to rent out to the poor and homeless people at a cheaper cost. I want you to use the money to glorify the name of God.

The Bible made us to understand that "Blessed is the hand that gives”. I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money and my husband relatives are not Christians and I don't want my husband's efforts to be used by unbelievers and misused. This is why I am taking this decision to donate the money to you because I know that you are a Christian. I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I want you to stand as my next of kin and co-beneficiary to receive the money.

I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord. Exodus 14 VS 14 says that "the lord will fight my case and I shall hold my peace". I want the money to be transferred to your account as soon as possible because of my health condition.

When my late husband deposited the fund, he used my name as the next of kin. All I have to do is to sign an authorization letter in your name as my co-beneficiary and also instruct the bank to transfer the money to you.

As soon as I receive your reply, I shall give you more details on how the money will be transferred to you.

I want you to always put me in your daily prayer. My happiness is that I lived a life of a worthy Christian. I will send you more information when I receive your response. Let me hear from you urgently.

Yours in Christ
Mrs Susan Wong.

One more crime in the name of Jesus! Don't it make you want to put on your red dress and walk in front of the church and show those ladies you're as good as they are!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 07:38:35 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  We've been to Dayton and back and I've been examined by the nurse at Miami Valley Cardiologists.  She says my "entry sites" are doing fine and we discussed some other issues, like the itchy skin I've been having.  Could be an allergic reaction to one of the new meds, but we're just going to keep an eye on it.  I now have an appointment scheduled with Dr. Jain, a week from Monday.  Apparently, he's off all next week, which he richly deserves.  He appeared to me last week to be quite the workaholic.

Now I'm ready for a nap...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 08:05:17 AM »

Hiya, kidz!

Just flew in yesterday, and I always feel a surge of energy and joy on getting back to LA. Had some time with my cousin Tina - whom we moved out of the assisted living facility and into her own townhouse... now we have found a 'room mate' - actually a 'companion' - who will be moving in by Labor Day. Fingers x'd that this will work out for awhile. I'm taking Tina for a psychiatric evaluation on Tuesday, so more finger-crossing we can get her officially diagnosed and MEDICATED!!! before said companion moves in, has three good days, and then discovers that everything we have told her is TRUE. They got on like a house afire last Saturday, apparently -- and Lynne assumed we were all just poison-coating the reality. Ummmm, no....

And while I'm in town, we're doing a reading of the 4-actor version of my solo show at Rogue Machine Theatre on Sunday afternoon at 4 pm. If it goes well, it moves into the pile of plays being considered for next season. Though I played this version of the play at the Mae West Fest in Seattle back in 2003, and have played the solo show many places during the past 10 - count 'em- 10 years, I've never done it in LA. So - this would be so awesomely great a homecoming.

I've been packing my books and doing the grueling repairs to the cabin, to get it ready to sell. Leaving paradise... just too inconvenient, any more, to be up there for months at a time, when I have so much work here in LA. Leaving, grieving, letting go...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 08:06:12 AM »

So, gotta get to the story I'm supposed to hand in by YESTERDAY for the Sept issue of Bunker Hill Magazine... more later, skaters!
PennyO

Ginny

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 08:07:32 AM »

Hi, DR PennyO!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 08:07:42 AM »

Good morning, Ginny! And good day to you!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 08:08:07 AM »

And now, off to be a responsible scribe! Mwah!
PennyO

FJL

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 08:35:01 AM »

More vibes to Ginny.

Sorry I missed you, Penny.

MBarnum

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 09:04:38 AM »

"My 'entry sites' are doing fine." T hat is the title of my new book of romantic, but lewd, poetry.

MBarnum

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010, 09:05:24 AM »

BK, coincidentally, Leslie Parris, as Marjorie Helen, may be in your post box today.

MBarnum

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2010, 09:10:08 AM »

and I totally forgot to say "Happy Birthday" to DR Singingnymph.

Hope it was a wonderful day!!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2010, 09:33:40 AM »

Hey everybody.  Still waiting on one more test to see what this reoccurring "revenge" might be.  I'm thinking it's a form of the stomach flu.  One of the tests didn't find any bacteria, which is good, but a lot of white blood cells, which to me seems to say INFECTION.  I should know more today or tomorrow.  Other than that, things just keep moving on. 

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2010, 09:42:12 AM »

Yours in Christ
Mrs Susan Wong.

So that's what Suzie Wong is up to these days...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2010, 09:45:07 AM »

Yours in Christ
Mrs Susan Wong.

So that's what Suzie Wong is up to these days...

From whoring to shilling.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2010, 09:53:10 AM »

I'm up after some really odd dreams of missing a flight at some airport that was so weird it took thirty minutes to get to a ferry to get to the terminal.  What that was about I have no idea - but I eventually got where I was going.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2010, 09:53:26 AM »

And we're on page one for what reason?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2010, 09:53:37 AM »

Get me off this damn page.