Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HUNGER  (Read 8428 times)

Ben

Re: THE HUNGER
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2010, 05:53:04 AM »

Page 2.

Happy?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2010, 06:10:29 AM »

MEdia Check:

iPod:  I will hold my nose and give the PROMISES, PROMISES revival a spin.  Also got new recordings from Jane Krakowski, Cyndi Lauper and Laurie Anderson.

Tivo:  a slew of Walter Matthau movies from TCM that I haven't seen in a while (Why didn't TCM show KOTCH?)

DVD:  I had been waiting over a year for it and last week it finally was released:  THE MOTHERS-IN-LAWS complete series set!  I've watched the first six episodes so far and they've all been hee-lariours!  True, the scripts are occaisionally weak and the situations are throwbacks to I LOVE LUCY, but it's a joy to watch Eve Arden and Kaye Ballard at work.  They are both on top of their comic forms in this show.

This set is a real bargin, too.  It contains the first two (and only) seasons of the show--56 episodes, priced at about $19 on Amazon.  And there are a lot of bonuses, including a pilot for THE CAROL CHANNING SHOW (can't wait to get to that!)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2010, 06:39:21 AM »

NINE just came in to my library too. I think I should get it in a day or two.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2010, 06:39:52 AM »

Hey everybody.  Up early here this morning.  I'm off to SF to teach a workshop about Gestures, Movement, and Dance as a form of Prayer in the classroom.  (or something like that).  I'll be there all day so I may be E&T.  This evening, I'm going to see Miss Betty Buckley at Yoshi's in SF.  Should be a great day.  I'll try and have a full report tonight or tomorrow morning.  We are down to 2 days before the DP's family arrives, and things are still not quite together.  I'm about 2 days behind.  Hoping for a miracle in the next 48 hours. 

TOD - I had dreams last night that had the music to Billy Elliot in them.  So I'm listening to the OLC at the moment.  Other than that, probably a podcast on the way to SF.

Jennifer

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2010, 06:40:25 AM »

Last night I went to my sister's to babysit my two nieces. And also my brother-in-law's sister's two kids were there (they all went to a funeral viewing).

That was fun. but they are all different ages (1, 4, 10, 15).

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2010, 06:42:45 AM »

And the word of the day is: FELDSPAR!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  I'M ON MY WAY (PAINT YOUR WAGON)

Jennifer

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2010, 06:43:58 AM »

The funniest part was when they got home. IT was around 9:30pm and my niece was in bed (well i was reading to her). And she whispers to me that she needs to tell her aunt (other aunt) something before she goes to bed.

When they had been visiting her last week the aunt had given my niece all the 10 year old's old books. Well one was "Chicken Little". Now I have no idea why (i haven't read this book in years). But my niece told her that she did not want this book and she took it out of her bookcase to give it to her.

Well since it was late i said we would give the book to the baby (just hoping to appease her). So i put it back in the bookcase. But funnily enough apparently my niece (who gets things in her head) took my sister aside and my sister had to physically remove the book from the room. That doesn't surprise me knowing my niece. But I wonder what she found wrong with the book?

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2010, 06:45:29 AM »

CONGRATULATIONS GEORGE ON YOUR MILLSTONE

Elan

• Smiling from heir to heir...
    • efrex: confessions of an orthodox jewish straight theatre queen
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2010, 07:05:42 AM »

Top of the morning, all!

TOD:

Ye Olde iPod: lecture series on the international date line & Jewish Law, Triumph of Love (how in tarnation did that get there?!)
DVD drive: latest season of Psych
Nightstand: Born to Kvetch, What Einstein Told His Cook

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2010, 07:08:00 AM »

Rants?  We don't need no stinking rants.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2010, 07:08:31 AM »

I'm up even earlier than planned (I'd set the alarm for eight) - I guess that's the only downside of eating at eleven at night.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2010, 07:08:40 AM »

Rants?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2010, 07:09:24 AM »

Of course there's a link to this here site from Kritzerland.

MBarnum

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2010, 07:36:27 AM »

Dan-The-Man, thanks for mentioning THE MOTHER IN LAWS. I may have to check that one out.

MBarnum

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2010, 07:39:27 AM »

BK, I am certainly enjoying your daily doses of ADAM-12. As you know that is my # 1 favorite TV series.

I will soon be sending you some DVD-rs of HIGHWAY PATROL (due to the many, many locations shots of Hollywood and the valley area, which you will no doubt enjoy) and you may be intersted to find that William Boyett, who plays Mac on ADAM 12, is in a majority of the HIGHWAY PATROL episodes playing Officer Stan Johnson.

MBarnum

« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2010, 07:41:25 AM »

TOD:

DVR:
I am trying to clear off my DVR and am getting episodes of HIGHWAY PATROL, THE LAWMAN (especially for DR Jane), and SEA HUNT burnt to DVD.

DVD:
I also received the latest ADAM 12 set.

CD:
Still listening to more Telugue (or are the Tamil) CDs from my great  find at VALUE VILLAGE.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2010, 07:44:39 AM »

Hey everybody.  Up early here this morning.  I'm off to SF to teach a workshop about Gestures, Movement, and Dance as a form of Prayer in the classroom.  (or something like that).  I'll be there all day so I may be E&T.  This evening, I'm going to see Miss Betty Buckley at Yoshi's in SF.  Should be a great day.  I'll try and have a full report tonight or tomorrow morning.  We are down to 2 days before the DP's family arrives, and things are still not quite together.  I'm about 2 days behind.  Hoping for a miracle in the next 48 hours. 

TOD - I had dreams last night that had the music to Billy Elliot in them.  So I'm listening to the OLC at the moment.  Other than that, probably a podcast on the way to SF.

Matthew, how are you feeling?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2010, 07:48:17 AM »

Top of the morning, all!

TOD:

Ye Olde iPod: lecture series on the international date line & Jewish Law, Triumph of Love (how in tarnation did that get there?!)
DVD drive: latest season of Psych
Nightstand: Born to Kvetch, What Einstein Told His Cook

I like Triumph of Love, which the composer asked me to orchestrate, against producer Margo Lion's wishes; after looking at my resume, she said she didn't want "that little Goodspeed sound," which is about what the orcestrator she selected gave her!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2010, 07:49:02 AM »

Dan-The-Man, thanks for mentioning THE MOTHER IN LAWS. I may have to check that one out.

You do know there are no bodybuilders in it?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2010, 07:50:56 AM »

Rants?  We don't need no stinking rants.  I blame JMK.  And the rants don't come that often, do they?  And frankly, I only continued the small rant about a former dear reader when it became very obvious he was being disingenuous by telling another dear reader he'd be back.  That's all I pointed out.  I'm fine with it.  I'm down with it.  No more wire rants ever.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2010, 07:52:44 AM »

We've had a few new members join recently, and I know we've got some new lurkers, so I'm hoping they join in the merriment and mirth and laughter and legs.  Despite the occasional rant, this jernt is too much fun.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2010, 07:55:57 AM »

Get me off this damn page.

MBarnum

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2010, 08:14:32 AM »

The rants on this here site are NOTHING compared to most other internet forums. That is for sure!

MBarnum

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2010, 08:15:26 AM »

Since you got no important mail yesterday, BK, I must presume that your Leslie Parrish DVD has not yet arrived....for I know you would not consider her to be unimportant.

MBarnum

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2010, 08:17:51 AM »

« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 08:26:15 AM by MBarnum »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2010, 08:27:05 AM »

Since you got no important mail yesterday, BK, I must presume that your Leslie Parrish DVD has not yet arrived....for I know you would not consider her to be unimportant.

Correct.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2010, 08:28:51 AM »

Here is an upcoming DVD release that may appeal to some here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003UIGZLW?ie=UTF8&tag=dvdverdict&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B003UIGZLW

From the product description:  "looks candidly at his private life, including his relations with his two ex-wives, Mia Farrow and Anne-Sophie Mutter"

Two ex-wives?  I wonder what that made Dory Langdon Previn?

Ginny

« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2010, 08:30:04 AM »

Today is the birthday of Darke County, OH, native Annie Oakley
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Thom

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2010, 08:32:45 AM »

TOD:

CD: Promises, Promises OLC; Conversations With Myself - Bill Evans

Nothing in DVD.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2010, 08:49:44 AM »

Just had to share. :)

Well, then share the whole truth - it was n self-admitted GP!

der Brucer
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 08:58:08 AM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up