Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: FABULOUSSSS  (Read 8308 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
FABULOUSSSS
« on: August 14, 2010, 12:38:26 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were fabulousss with four esses, and now it is time for you to post until the fabuloussss cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: FABULOUSSSS
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 12:38:59 AM »

And the word of the day is: PREMORSE!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 04:33:30 AM »

First post after MR BK.

Huzzah!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 04:33:58 AM »

Saturday and it is a work day.....a long work day.  Oh well.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 05:32:47 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  Today Richard is going to take me for the haircut I didn't have last Thursday while lying flat on my back in CICU.  Tina will want all the gory details, I'm sure.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 05:43:13 AM »

Morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 05:46:07 AM »

Woke up this morning to the Leonard Bernstein Omnibus episode about musical comedy. In 75 minutes, he's manages to squeeze in numbers from "The Black Crook," early Irving Berlin, Victor Herbert and so much more with singers, dancers and actors in full costume. What stuff TV was unafraid to do back then. Nothing like it could happen now.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 05:53:36 AM »

TOD: Prom was my first formal event. Back in 1980, pastel blues were in style for tuxes, but I had to have my top hat, white tie and black tails. Found a photo when I was in Louisville recently and took a photo of it. So, here it is, all fuzzy and aged:

― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 05:54:44 AM »

My date, Allison, didn't go to my school, but she ended up marrying a classmate of mine. Saw her at the recent reunion and she looks remarkably like she did. We had fun catching up.
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 06:06:25 AM »

TOD:

The first event in which I wore formal wear was my cousin's wedding. 

My other cousin and I were candle lighters.  I guess I was around 11-12.

My wife tells me that I "dress up good," but I'm really a jeans and t-shirt guy.

I avoid ties whenever possible.
You can dream…or you can do.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 06:07:37 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  Today Richard is going to take me for the haircut ...
After he gets done chasing you around the dining room table.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

John G.

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 06:12:04 AM »

TOD:

The first event in which I wore formal wear was my cousin's wedding. 

My other cousin and I were candle lighters.  I guess I was around 11-12.

My wife tells me that I "dress up good," but I'm really a jeans and t-shirt guy.

I avoid ties whenever possible.

I agree with you. I avoid ties whenever possible.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 06:17:43 AM »

As the Bernstein episode continues, it has been wonderful to see a very, very young Carol Burnett cast as Ethel Merman in "DuBarry Was a Lady" singing "Give Him the Ooh-La-La." I love the score for this show and wish somebody would record it one of these days. "It Ain't Etiquette," "Friendship," "Well, Did You Evah," "Katie Went to Haiti," "Do I Love You?" "But in the Morning, No" -- all wonderful.
― Voltaire

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2010, 06:27:26 AM »

I love the score for this show and wish somebody would record it one of these days.

They have:

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Thom

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2010, 06:35:10 AM »

TOD:
I wish that I had BK's memory, but when I was in grade school, I was the groom in something??  I have a picture, buried somewhere, with the bride and me starring at the camera smiling.

Thanks to all who sent me get well vibes yesterday. I think that I will stay out of the sun today.

Ginny

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2010, 06:45:11 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  Today Richard is going to take me for the haircut ...
After he gets done chasing you around the dining room table.

der Brucer

Um, that might be later this afternoon, DR der Brucer.  I think I'll need a nap after the haircut.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2010, 07:02:30 AM »

And the word of the day is: PREMORSE!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  BOULEVARD OF BROKEN DREAMSSSS

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2010, 07:06:19 AM »

Good morning, all! Last night the Oaf Above Me was so noisy dropping things on the floor and moving about that all the sound came right through the earplugs. This was around 12:30, so I had dozed for a bit. I finished watching ADVANCE TO THE REAR and turned off the lights about 11:30.

As to the bootleg copy, it was fair, but the score seemed pitchy, and, while I found much of it funny and the cast good, I felt I was watching a film cut by someone who didn't care how well the story was told.

Today, proofread my old "Meadowlark" orchestra parts to the new score, and that's my day.

Formal wear? My Aunt Jean, whose social climbing ambitions were as grand as Hyacinth Bucket's, got tickets to the national company of CAMELOT, around 1962 or so, and I was forced to wear a tux because she had purchased in Cincinnati a formal gown and she couldn't con my Uncle Bud into wearing a tux, I hated the tux then and still don't care for all the frou-frou. CAMELOT was fun, and I still have memories of the show, the best being how spectacular and beautiful it was and the worst beng how sexless the big romance was.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2010, 07:22:59 AM »

Like most folks, my first tux was for the high school prom.  I love wearing formal wear.   I always rented until 1994 when I was invited to the British Stunt Ball in London, England.  The Lovely Wife and I went to Nordstrom's and bought the whole regalia...tux, shirt, socks, shoes, cumberbund and tie, and studs and cufflinks.  I have since worn it on many occasions...probably the spiffiest were WGA Awards or maybe a screening in Cannes.

John G.

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2010, 07:41:31 AM »

I love the score for this show and wish somebody would record it one of these days.

They have:

der Brucer
that cover was better than the movie! And they gutted the Porter score, and sanitized it.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2010, 07:44:21 AM »

Well, I'm off to the Hill Country. Am appearing on a panel today to discuss rose' wines. My favorites during summer, which is about 11 months of the year, so I drink plenty of them. Always enjoy this discussion and am hoping for a fun day.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2010, 07:46:53 AM »

Well, that didn't take us off this page. Hopefully, it will come soon.
― Voltaire

Kerry

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2010, 07:48:37 AM »

Dressy and happy and healthy vibes to all.
I like boat races.

Ginny

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2010, 08:28:34 AM »

Back from Scissor Sensations, where Tina waved her magic wand over my head and made a new woman of me.  Actually, she just shampooed, cut, and styled my hair, but it sure felt good.  Richard brought me home and now he's off to Dave the Barber for his haircut.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2010, 08:43:30 AM »

Since I believe the battle with the Oaf Above Me will get uglier, I decided to print out all of mu correspondence between him, the landlord and me. If found this funny one from the Oaf dated Feb 6:
Unfortunately, the walls and floors in these apartments are very thin. I am a light sleeper and would prefer quiet in the morning but I hear your music coming up through the floor (every day).

Since he's speaking of an approximate time between 8:30 am and noon, perhaps I should lend him my earplugs?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2010, 09:11:53 AM »

I'm up, she of the Evil Eye is here and I'm going to jog as soon as I can actually focus my eyeballs.

Ginny

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2010, 09:14:25 AM »

Well, we just ordered 2, count 'em 2, Kindles.  Richard's buying me one and I'm buying him one.  We're hoping to have them before we go to Florida in a little over a month.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2010, 09:22:37 AM »

Hey everybody.  I have survived 24 hours without any form of "sickness", so I'm hopeful that the removal of dairy from my diet might be the answer.  I'll be heading out to purchase some Lactase pills to put along side my box of Imodium soon.  Today will be finishing getting the house in order for the family visit tomorrow (still can't believe it's tomorrow) and I do have to head out to play a wedding this afternoon.  That's all.

Ginny

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2010, 09:31:36 AM »

That's progress, DR Matthew - glad you're feeling better!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2010, 10:53:12 AM »

Okay, I just don't know how to say this any plainer - this week has really REALLY been low posting.  We are still on page one.  If we don't get me off this damn page there won't be any subsequent pages to get me to.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up