Archives > Archive 1

THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM

(1/42) > >>

bk:
Well, you've read the notes, you've dreamed the impossible dream, you've run where the brave dare not go, you know what I'M talkin' about, so let's get some postin' goin' on, shall we?

Ann:
First post!  First post!  Is it really mine??

Ann:
But shame on me...I posted without reading the notes.  I shall remedy that post-haste.  Or haste-post, I suppose, since I'm doing everything else backwards...

Ann:
Wow, what an interesting topic...
I'll have to give it some thought, though.  It's a question that warrants a clear mind to answer, and at the moment I'm too tired to think about anything clearly.  

Goodnight :)

Tomovoz:
Defining "love". How to explain colour to a blind person?
We know when we feel it, know when it goes but can we really explain to someone else. I suspect it is different for each of us.
Despite the hurt that it often can bring - I would not be the person I am without having loved and been loved. We all love the feeling of being loved but you can't ask for it or demand or expect it. It has to just happen. I guess it is altruistic when we love. We may hope for it to be returned but we don't give love in the expectation of something in return. We can't plan to love. Thus the motive behind love must be pure.
Even the "love" expressed in religions is I expect given in the hope of a future life. (Cynical!).
I don't think we can fall in love too easily. That I think would be more akin to infatuation and sexual desire.
It is a pity we use the word "love" so often. Loving a film, a song, a book or certain foods surely give the word a different meaning.
I think I need to check with Fosca and Georgio!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version