Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: SEPTEMBER SONG  (Read 11129 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: SEPTEMBER SONG
« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2010, 09:16:45 PM »

And while we're talking about Red Velvet Cake...

Can any DR tell me exactly what the flavor is of Red Velvet Cake?

Yes, I know it's made with a bit of cocoa which helps with the red color - in addition to the red food coloring - but it's most definitely not a "chocolate cake". I've always felt that the flavor of "Red Velvet Cake" is actually the flavor of the Frosting.

-And that's why I tend not to "swoon" over a slice of Red Velvet Cake like some of my friends do. -And when I ask them what the "flavor" is, all they can ever say is, "It tastes like Red Velvet Cake". ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2010, 09:18:21 PM »

I should be at bk's show.  I'm gonna be sorry I missed it.  I'm already feeling regrets.   :(
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #152 on: September 01, 2010, 09:19:25 PM »

PAGE SIX RED VELVET TRUFFLE DANCE!!!!!!

Make Your Own Luck.

Sam

« Reply #153 on: September 01, 2010, 09:19:42 PM »

I agree with that, it tastes like red velvet cake.   ;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #154 on: September 01, 2010, 09:20:47 PM »

But mostly I only remember the flavor of the frosting.  ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #155 on: September 01, 2010, 09:20:57 PM »

And, yes, that Red Velvet Truffle tasted just like a Red Velvet Cake... Whatever that tastes like. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Sam

« Reply #156 on: September 01, 2010, 09:22:49 PM »

Thank goodness I've already brushed my teeth and can only have water.   Jose's picture made me hungry.

Sam

« Reply #157 on: September 01, 2010, 09:24:19 PM »

I'm giggling.  It feels good.   :)

Sam

« Reply #158 on: September 01, 2010, 09:25:16 PM »

Night, don't let the bugs bite.  :-*

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #159 on: September 01, 2010, 09:28:30 PM »

Night, don't let the bugs bite.  :-*

Well.. Living in New York City right now, well...

Goodnight, Sam.
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #160 on: September 01, 2010, 09:28:56 PM »

Interesting question about the Best Song Oscar.  I wax nostalgic in my review for "8 Mile" (which will go live one of these years, LOL) about the last time I loved all 5 of the Best Song nominees--1970 (for film year 1969).  Yes, I'm sure some of you weren't even born yet, in which case you can kiss my ASS.  :)
I was alive back then but wouldn't say that 1970 had the best fives songs ever nominated.

For Al We Know (Lovers And Other Strangers), Pieces of Dreams (Pieces Of Dreams), Thank You Very Much (Scrooge), Till Love Touches Your Life (Madron), Whistling Away The Dark (Darling Lili)

Madron is a film I've never seen and don't know how the song wks in the film. I think there were other songs that were better.

Three songs that were eligible but didn't make the final cut
"EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE A CAT" - The Aristocats -
"LET IT BE" - Let It Be
"SUICIDE IS PAINLESS" - M*A*S*H -

First of all, you didn't read my post correctly.  I said Film Year 1969, i.e., Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head, What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life?, Come Saturday Morning, et al.  And second, I didn't say they were the best five, I said it was the last year I liked all five nominees.  But aside from that I agree with you completely.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #161 on: September 01, 2010, 09:32:45 PM »

And let's not forget that Irving Berlin also memorialized the other great Christian holiday with EASTER PARADE.  :)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #162 on: September 01, 2010, 09:33:17 PM »

I posted this little trivia factoid a long time ago, but can anyone remember what makes WHITE CHRISTMAS so unique in the annals of Top 40 hits?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #163 on: September 01, 2010, 09:41:31 PM »

I posted this little trivia factoid a long time ago, but can anyone remember what makes WHITE CHRISTMAS so unique in the annals of Top 40 hits?

Semi-tones.

Seven of 'em.
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

« Reply #164 on: September 01, 2010, 09:43:41 PM »

Semi-tones.

Seven of 'em.

You win the prize, which is nonexistent.   ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #165 on: September 01, 2010, 09:57:43 PM »

What a day, what a week, what a month.........

Cillaliz

« Reply #166 on: September 01, 2010, 10:00:51 PM »

Tomorrow I drive to visit the client from the trial in a jail a couple hours away.  Edith will go with me.  It will be nice to get out of the office at least for the morning.  I should say it will be nice to get out of the office and get paid to be out of the office.  There is a great Dutch bakery on the way.  I may stop and get some Dutch letters for my mom.  She loves them.

Cillaliz

« Reply #167 on: September 01, 2010, 10:01:25 PM »

Ok, time to get some sleep and enjoy the fresh cool breeze coming in the window.  Night all

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #168 on: September 01, 2010, 10:21:10 PM »

Semi-tones.

Seven of 'em.

You win the prize, which is nonexistent.   ;D

Well, I could always pretend it got lost in the mail.  It's the thought that counts.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #169 on: September 01, 2010, 11:06:09 PM »

Well...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #170 on: September 01, 2010, 11:46:13 PM »

Home from Sunset Blvd callbacks, which went fine and we have a cast.  Hopefully they will all accept.

I'm feeling better.  We'll see what the night brings.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #171 on: September 01, 2010, 11:58:07 PM »

i wish I had something interesting to say - I just keep waking up - going to work coming home  may too many hours later and then going to sleep

The story of my life. :-\

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: September 02, 2010, 12:03:59 AM »

Back from a pretty spectacular evening - I have to go out now and eat something because all I've had all day was a small sandwich and some melon and prosciutto, so I'm starving.  All I can say is, there were about eight no-shows who'd made reservations, and about six people who'd said they were coming on Facebook.  That is just so wrong.  However, had they showed up I haven't a clew as to where they would have put them because the room was jammed, a complete sell out.  About forty diners and twenty-five show only folks and in that room that is jammed, with people at the bar and at every table and standing at the bar, too.  It was an amazing crowd, with some really cool people in attendance.  This first time out was a learning curve for me, and I now know how the subsequent shows have to function.  I'll talk more about this is in the notes, which probably won't be up until two.  But I couldn't have asked for a better show and I think the word of mouth is going to be fantastic.

George

« Reply #173 on: September 02, 2010, 12:26:34 AM »

And while we're talking about Red Velvet Cake...

Can any DR tell me exactly what the flavor is of Red Velvet Cake?

Yes, I know it's made with a bit of cocoa which helps with the red color - in addition to the red food coloring - but it's most definitely not a "chocolate cake". I've always felt that the flavor of "Red Velvet Cake" is actually the flavor of the Frosting.

-And that's why I tend not to "swoon" over a slice of Red Velvet Cake like some of my friends do. -And when I ask them what the "flavor" is, all they can ever say is, "It tastes like Red Velvet Cake". ;)

That's how I feel, too.  A friend of mine didn't know that there was any cocoa/chocolate in Red Velvet cakes. at all.  She thought that it was a yellow cake with red food coloring.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #174 on: September 02, 2010, 12:28:38 AM »

Back from a pretty spectacular evening - I have to go out now and eat something because all I've had all day was a small sandwich and some melon and prosciutto, so I'm starving.  All I can say is, there were about eight no-shows who'd made reservations, and about six people who'd said they were coming on Facebook.  That is just so wrong.  However, had they showed up I haven't a clew as to where they would have put them because the room was jammed, a complete sell out.  About forty diners and twenty-five show only folks and in that room that is jammed, with people at the bar and at every table and standing at the bar, too.  It was an amazing crowd, with some really cool people in attendance.  This first time out was a learning curve for me, and I now know how the subsequent shows have to function.  I'll talk more about this is in the notes, which probably won't be up until two.  But I couldn't have asked for a better show and I think the word of mouth is going to be fantastic.

Congratulations, BK on the wonderful evening!  Can't wait to read about it...but I must.  I'll be off to bed soon.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up