Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TO COIN A PHRASE  (Read 15334 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: TO COIN A PHRASE
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2010, 05:52:28 AM »

This is probably my new partner for next year's Putnam County Dancing With the Stars.  I could do worse.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/3d4218c2f3/dancing-merengue-dog?rel=by_user
LOL
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2010, 05:52:43 AM »

Good morning, all! This morning I have to go to Music Theatre International and look over the new orchestra materials for THE MOST HAPPY FELLA so i can sign off on the project and the talented copyist Ben can be released from bondage. Before I go this morning, I have to address 10 priority mail packages and send off the chorus music for the Herbert recording.

Last night I dreamed I was waiting to go somewhere with sveral musicians including a Broadway orchestrator whose work and attitude I greatly dislike. Since it was my dream, he was a total oaf with next to no knowledge of serious music. There was also an airport in this dream, if it matters.

I was sure THE CLOSER would pick up on the gang-related story of two weeks ago, and it didn't. I then watched RIZZOLI AND ISLES, which seems to be stepping into BONES territory with criminal parents and abandoned children, and then I watched the desperate housewives of New Jersey behave badly. I slept fitfully, thanks to the Oaf Above me and his current lady friend; one of them needed to step out around 2 am. Maybe they're not drug dealers or terrorists but vampires.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2010, 05:52:53 AM »

Page Two Merengue!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2010, 05:54:23 AM »

From the people who brought you Cream of Wheat...Mama, who that is?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2010, 05:54:30 AM »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday to our DR William E. Lurie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2010, 06:05:59 AM »

Hmmmmm. A lot of banging, thumping and stomping about from my upstairs neighbor. I wonder if he's preparing to head to Toronto for Rosh Hoshanah? It will be nice to have quiet for a few days.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2010, 06:14:29 AM »

And the word of the day is: RUBRIC!

And The Song Of The Day Is:   TRADITION

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2010, 06:17:09 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILLIAM E LURIE

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2010, 06:23:35 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GINNY'S SON ROB

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2010, 06:29:32 AM »

Happy Birthday to William E. Lurie!!
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2010, 06:33:45 AM »

TOD:

Certainly I saw some of them, but I was never a big fan of big adventure movies when I was a kid.

Actually, the movie that I enjoyed and remembered the most was a Western, BROKEN ARROW w/Jimmy Stewart.

That one has always stayed with me and is still one of my favorite Westerns.
You can dream…or you can do.

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2010, 06:40:30 AM »

Thank you to DRs JohnG, Ben, JRand, Dan(the Man), Kerry, and ArnoldMBrockman for the birthday wishes for our DS Rob!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2010, 07:07:37 AM »

Happy Birthday, WEL!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2010, 07:09:00 AM »

It is the first day of school, and I'm a little concerned for Zach, who is not only starting middle school, but is in a new school to boot.  Plus as I think I reported, the idiots sent the invitation to the orientation day to our old address, so he missed the chance to meet any new kids, plus his block teacher informed me (via message delivered via another teacher) she was simply "too busy" to take 30 seconds out of her day to meet me and Zach.  So I am hoping everything goes OK for him today.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

John G.

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2010, 07:11:21 AM »

It is the first day of school, and I'm a little concerned for Zach, who is not only starting middle school, but is in a new school to boot.  Plus as I think I reported, the idiots sent the invitation to the orientation day to our old address, so he missed the chance to meet any new kids, plus his block teacher informed me (via message delivered via another teacher) she was simply "too busy" to take 30 seconds out of her day to meet me and Zach.  So I am hoping everything goes OK for him today.
Vibes for Zach (and JMK)!
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2010, 07:13:51 AM »

Had to have some Cole Porter this morning, so I've got "Leave It to Me!" blasting out of the speakers. Love this score, even if the recording from 42nd St. Moon has only a small band instead of a full orchestra. His "Tomorrow" is like musical caffeine to me, and "Most Gentlemen Don't Like Love" always makes me smile.
― Voltaire

JMK

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2010, 07:14:34 AM »

Here is my "I still can't believe this" moment from a couple of days ago.  DW Wife Betsy and I were channel surfing and despite my mad attempts to scramble past ABC Family, she noticed "The Sound of Music" was on, and so our viewing "choice" was instantly set.  Betsy has seen this movie probably no fewer than 500 times (I am not exaggerating).  As we were watching, I suddenly heard Max call Baron von Trapp by his first name, and I didn't immediately catch it, nor did I remember what it was.  I asked DW Wife Betsy what von Trapp's first name was, and she replied (and I am not making this up--spelled phonetically for maximum impact):  GAYOG.  "Gayog?"  I replied incredulously.  "Do you mean Georg?"   We both dissolved into helpless laughter.  I told her Gayog sounded like a homosexual caveman.

Ginny

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2010, 07:18:37 AM »

Vibes for Zach on his first day of middle school!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2010, 07:29:25 AM »

This is probably my new partner for next year's Putnam County Dancing With the Stars.  I could do worse.

I dunno, Jack....that one has become quite "THE" star on the internet.  He (or she?) may want money to participate!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2010, 07:31:37 AM »

Here is my "I still can't believe this" moment from a couple of days ago.  DW Wife Betsy and I were channel surfing and despite my mad attempts to scramble past ABC Family, she noticed "The Sound of Music" was on, and so our viewing "choice" was instantly set.  Betsy has seen this movie probably no fewer than 500 times (I am not exaggerating).  As we were watching, I suddenly heard Max call Baron von Trapp by his first name, and I didn't immediately catch it, nor did I remember what it was.  I asked DW Wife Betsy what von Trapp's first name was, and she replied (and I am not making this up--spelled phonetically for maximum impact):  GAYOG.  "Gayog?"  I replied incredulously.  "Do you mean Georg?"   We both dissolved into helpless laughter.  I told her Gayog sounded like a homosexual caveman.

Perhaps she'll remember it more easily if she watches the film 500 more times!!!   I know...she can watch it on Blu-ray!!!!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2010, 07:32:25 AM »

Happy Birthday to former (way, way back former) DR William E. Lurie.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2010, 07:32:41 AM »

May DR Ginny's DS Rob have a wonderful birthday.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 08:23:09 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2010, 07:35:38 AM »

Hmmmmm. A lot of banging, thumping and stomping about from my upstairs neighbor. I wonder if he's preparing to head to Toronto for Rosh Hoshanah? It will be nice to have quiet for a few days.

Perhaps he was performing a ritual....something to summon a Golem, perhaps...to take care of his complaining downstairs neighbor!

If you see one of these walking toward you, Larry.....RUN!!!

Laura

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2010, 07:44:20 AM »

Happy Birthday to Rob!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

MBarnum

« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2010, 08:01:15 AM »

That is absolutely amazing!

Jennifer

« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2010, 08:15:15 AM »

Happy Birthday to DR William E  Lurie!

Jennifer

« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2010, 08:15:30 AM »

Happy 25th Birthday to DR Ginny's DS Rob!

Jennifer

« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2010, 08:15:42 AM »

Happy first day of senior year to the Vixter!

Jennifer

« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2010, 08:17:11 AM »

Hope DS Zach has a good day at his new school!

Jennifer

« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2010, 08:20:34 AM »

DR Cillaliz, nice pics of the dishes.

Reading your post about losing weight reminded me about exercising in the winter.  There are like 4 months for sure when I will not be able to exercise outside. And I"m starting to freak out. Yesterday was raining and I could not bike. And I realized how much I hate indoor excercising.

Since my back is still not 100% I'm having a hard time hooping. I started doing it again a few days ago. And I can hip hoop. But I still can't hoop around my waist for more than 5 minutes at a time (it makes my back sore).

I guess I could try to do 2 X 10 minutes of hooping a day. And once a week I"m going to try to go swimming.  I used to sometimes read a book on my exercise bike (which was the only way i could tolerate it).  Maybe i could handle 5 minutes a day.

Does anybody have any good indoor exercises?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up