Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BK OF ARABIA  (Read 9791 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: BK OF ARABIA
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2010, 10:07:35 AM »

Well thanks to one and all for the HHW vibes.  Our opening night went very well.....even better than expected.  We had a fine crowd - probably 3/4's of a house......with laughs from start to finish....AND a standing ovation began when Kenny & Shalynn came out for their bows (Charlie & Kate, the kids), and it finished up as Diana & I came out.....lots of nice comments.

So - I am thinking this will be a good run!

Only a half day of work today.....and then Friday night - our least responsive audience, historically, so we shall see.

:D :D

Jane

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2010, 10:09:55 AM »

TOD:

My wife and I were almost on the floor last night, LOL, watching the movie version of NOISES OFF!

I just added NOISES OFF to our NetFlix queue. 

Jane

« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2010, 10:11:06 AM »

Good morning, all! I am in less pain than I thought this morning so that's fantastic.

Glad to hear that.  May you be out of pain by tomorrow!

Jane

« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2010, 10:11:42 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  My test this morning went smoothly and no blood clots found. 

FANTASTIC!!!!

Jane

« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2010, 10:12:49 AM »

The kittens have gone for spaying and adoption. It will be very quiet for a couple of days.

MEGA VIBES FOR A QUICK AND HAPPY ADOPTIONS!!!

Jane

« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2010, 10:14:44 AM »

More like beg for food, Elmore. She hasn't scratched the furniture since I started using the spray bottle.

lol, I occasionally used the cat spray bottle on the kids when they were young.  Bryan got his revenge by tying down the spray nozzle on the kitchen sink.  Had I not decided to change out of my good silk blouse BEFORE doing the dishes he would have been in big trouble. ;D

Jane

« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2010, 10:16:04 AM »

Elmore's sad comment about McGlinn's living situation reminded me of when I got to my parents' house after my Mom had died.  She had decided to stay in the huge house they had built in the mountains outside of SLC even after my Dad had died, which was probably not a good decision in retrospect.  I quickly discovered the hot water heater had no pilot light and Lord knows how long she had been living there without hot water.  She got pretty weird toward the end--we think she may have had a stroke, and I've often wondered what her last weeks were like there. 

:(

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2010, 10:35:39 AM »

Something for everybody:

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2010, 10:38:29 AM »

TOD:

My wife and I were almost on the floor last night, LOL, watching the movie version of NOISES OFF!

WARNING! Uncontrollable laughter may cause you to fall on the floor and re-injure your shoulder.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Laura

« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2010, 10:38:48 AM »

We are seeing Noises Off at the community theater this weekend.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2010, 11:21:26 AM »

Got a one-day extra gig doing "My Generation." Now, if I only knew what the show was about. Anyway, it's a bit of type casting, again. The first couple of times I worked on "Friday Night Lights," I was a media type. Now I'm a restaurant customer. 

Congrats on the extra gig!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2010, 11:32:29 AM »

DR Jane, How is Sherlock today?

Cillaliz

« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2010, 11:33:57 AM »

Congrats John G

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2010, 11:50:37 AM »

Back from Teddy and my new do.  He's doing further work on the do next Thursday (a little streaking).

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2010, 11:54:55 AM »

Here is actual photographic evidence of the new do.

George

« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2010, 12:23:33 PM »

Just in case anyone missed this from late last night (actually, about a half hour ago):

Here's the list that I have for the DVDs of South Pacific (SP) and "High School Stories" (HSS):

Arnold M. Brockman - SP(widescreen)
BK - HSS
Cillaliz - SP(?) & HSS
Edisaurus - SP(?)
Elmore - HSS
FJL - HSS
Ginny - HSS
Jeanne - SP(standard)
JMK - SP(widescreen) & HSS
John G. - SP(standard) & HSS
JRand - SP(?)
Matthew - SP(?)
MBarnum - HSS
Sam - HSS
TCB - HSS [I also have you down for SP(?), I just forgot to add it to last night's post]
Vixmom - SP(standard) & HSS

Did I miss anyone?  Does anyone want one or both that hasn't already said?  Has anyone changed their mind about anything?  It's not too late.  It'll never be too late.  Just remember...it'll probably cost the same amount to mail one disc as it will be to send two.  Im' just sayin'. ;)

The only thing left is that I just need Matthew's address and MBarnum's address...and anyone else's who would like to be added to the list.
Thank you again for doing this.

You're welcome!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2010, 12:31:26 PM »

Nice picture, BK!

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2010, 12:58:02 PM »

Here is actual photographic evidence of the new do.

Wow, it looks just like the guy in your avatar!  ;)   Nice photo, BK :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2010, 12:58:50 PM »

George, I'm going to take the SP DVD to my parents' house and I don't think they have a widescreen TV.  Can I show the widescreen on a regular tv?  If not, I'd like the regular.  Thanks

George

« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2010, 01:02:45 PM »

George, I'm going to take the SP DVD to my parents' house and I don't think they have a widescreen TV.  Can I show the widescreen on a regular tv?  If not, I'd like the regular.  Thanks

No, that's the problem.  If you play the widescreen DVD on a regular TV (even though it's not a high-def DVD), the picture will be squished and not watchable.  If you have a widescreen TV (or if anyone else has the same situation), I could send you both versions of SP...that wouldn't be a problem at all!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 01:05:39 PM by George »

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2010, 01:09:21 PM »

So, I found a weird one at Big Lots today: "Varsity Show" with Dick Powell and Fred Waring & His Pennsylvanians. Apparently Busby Berkeley did the finale, so I figured it was worth $3. Also found Fred and Ginger's "Shall We Dance" as well as "The Player." All new. All $3.

Now I need some time to watch them. Oh, wait. I'm unemployed. I should have time, right?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2010, 01:09:40 PM »

No, that's the problem.  If you play the widescreen DVD on a regular TV (even though it's not a high-def DVD), the picture will be squished and not watchable.  If you have a widescreen TV (or if anyone else has the same situation), I could send you both versions of SP...that wouldn't be a problem at all!

Why isn't this kind of customer service available from "real" merchants?   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2010, 01:15:14 PM »

Good Morning! Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... And, actually, I wasn't up...

When I opened my eyes this morning, the clock said 8:28. My flight was at 9:00. You do the math. :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2010, 01:18:15 PM »

In any case, the folks at Delta helped me rebook for a later flight, and I arrived Atlanta about an hour ago. So far, so good. We're at an airport hotel this year, but it's a surprisingly nice one. And since Cindy at the desk took the time to look up my old Starwood Preferred Guest information, my room now comes with FREE WiFi, breakfast, lunch and afternoon cocktails. :-)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2010, 01:20:11 PM »

And now I need to walk around a bit and find out where I'm supposed to be tomorrow morning. -After my three wake-up calls! ;)

Lagers...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2010, 02:01:17 PM »

Sure enough, when I got home from the gym there was a box from Amazon and Richard and I are now Kindle owners.  And I have just the Vera Bradley item to carry mine in!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2010, 02:03:38 PM »

Thank you, DRs Jeanne and Jane, for the words of encouragement!  Today's walk on the treadmill seemed really difficult until I realized (about the same time as the nurses) that the previous walker had had it set to a 4% incline.  I'm still walking on flat ground in the gym, although at a faster pace (2.4 mph today).
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2010, 02:08:36 PM »

TOD:

WARNING! Uncontrollable laughter may cause you to fall on the floor and re-injure your shoulder.

der Brucer

I'll watch from the bed and snuggle with Sherlock so I don't fall off.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2010, 02:11:03 PM »

DR Jane, How is Sherlock today?

Thanks for asking.  This morning Keith told me not to ask everyday if it looks smaller when in reality I waited two days to ask. ;D  It isn't getting worse.

Sherlock never ceases to amaze us how good he is while we change the bandage.

Jane

« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2010, 02:12:35 PM »

In any case, the folks at Delta helped me rebook for a later flight, and I arrived Atlanta about an hour ago. So far, so good. We're at an airport hotel this year, but it's a surprisingly nice one. And since Cindy at the desk took the time to look up my old Starwood Preferred Guest information, my room now comes with FREE WiFi, breakfast, lunch and afternoon cocktails. :-)

:)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up