Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BK OF ARABIA  (Read 9967 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: BK OF ARABIA
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2010, 02:13:15 PM »

And I have just the Vera Bradley item to carry mine in!

Of course you do. :)

Jane

« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2010, 02:15:17 PM »

Page four dance.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2010, 02:23:27 PM »

I'm back from Sara Jean's audition and she is unbelievably fantastic. Since the audition was for a Victor Herbert recording, I told her to bring something operetta-ish, so she showed up, sang "Mein Herr Marquis" from DIE FLEDERMAUS, and knocked our socks off: precise coloratura, great regard for the lyrics, and a high D to shake the ceiling. The Naked Hercules Zak and MD Billy, who was a coach at the Met and can be a real vocal critic, both were floored by her talent. And what's worse is she's beautiful, very sweet, and extremely talented. Billy's coment after she left was, if you believe in divine providence, God sent her.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2010, 02:25:45 PM »

Back from picking up one package and no envelopes - hopefully envelope will envelop me tomorrow.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2010, 02:26:15 PM »

Awaiting the arrival of pianist and singer - I hope she knocks my socks off, although then I will not be wearing any socks.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2010, 02:31:15 PM »

I'm back from Sara Jean's audition and she is unbelievably fantastic. Since the audition was for a Victor Herbert recording, I told her to bring something operetta-ish, so she showed up, sang "Mein Herr Marquis" from DIE FLEDERMAUS, and knocked our socks off: precise coloratura, great regard for the lyrics, and a high D to shake the ceiling. The Naked Hercules Zak and MD Billy, who was a coach at the Met and can be a real vocal critic, both were floored by her talent. And what's worse is she's beautiful, very sweet, and extremely talented. Billy's coment after she left was, if you believe in divine providence, God sent her.

Great news, Larry!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2010, 02:35:26 PM »

George, I'm going to take the SP DVD to my parents' house and I don't think they have a widescreen TV.  Can I show the widescreen on a regular tv?  If not, I'd like the regular.  Thanks

No, that's the problem.  If you play the widescreen DVD on a regular TV (even though it's not a high-def DVD), the picture will be squished and not watchable.  If you have a widescreen TV (or if anyone else has the same situation), I could send you both versions of SP...that wouldn't be a problem at all!

Why isn't this kind of customer service available from "real" merchants?   ;D

I don't know...it's so easy!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2010, 02:35:34 PM »

Here is my day so far:

1.  Went to Zach's school for a parent coffee.
2.  Came home and dealt with the pest control man, who wanted to tell me ALL about his son the musician and his soccer adventures in England.  (I made the mistake of guessing his accent and told him my father was from England).
3.  Cleaned out the back gutters, which I am guessing hadn't been cleaned since the house was built.
4.  Repaired three holes in said gutters with extremely messy, sticky silicone.
5.  Dealt with two system updates on two different PS3s so that I could recheck this AMERICA STORY OF US soundtrack issue.  A&E is completely freaked out by my comments as this is their Number 1 release of the year.  I will say it sounded *almost* normal on my Onkyo 7.1, as opposed to the Sony 7.1 I initially used, though there is so much gratuitous LFE on this track it's hard to tell--you can barely hear Liev Schreiber a lot of the time.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

MBarnum

« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2010, 02:39:52 PM »

I got my keys to the new apartment today...about a week early! Hopefully I can get a lot of stuff moved over on my own this weekend...I am enlisting the aid of neice and nephews to move the furniture on the 19th.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2010, 02:42:59 PM »

George, I'm going to take the SP DVD to my parents' house and I don't think they have a widescreen TV.  Can I show the widescreen on a regular tv?  If not, I'd like the regular.  Thanks

No, that's the problem.  If you play the widescreen DVD on a regular TV (even though it's not a high-def DVD), the picture will be squished and not watchable.  If you have a widescreen TV (or if anyone else has the same situation), I could send you both versions of SP...that wouldn't be a problem at all!

;)

You Really Need To Be Thankfully Thanked

If it's not a Problem,George. I'll Take Both Versions of SP

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2010, 02:52:33 PM »

George, can I add a SP to my order; widescreen please.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2010, 02:56:50 PM »

TOD:

Not much new to watch on DVD, probably the final 5 episoides of DEXTER, Season 4.

My wife and I were almost on the floor last night, LOL, watching the movie version of NOISES OFF!

:o :o  Oh you crazy kids!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2010, 02:57:26 PM »

Sorry George, I just caught up on this morning's post.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2010, 03:04:10 PM »

Done. :)

George

« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2010, 03:05:27 PM »

;)

Got it!  And if you and anyone else really want to thank me...I collect key chains. :D

George

« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2010, 03:05:53 PM »

I got my keys to the new apartment today...about a week early! Hopefully I can get a lot of stuff moved over on my own this weekend...I am enlisting the aid of neice and nephews to move the furniture on the 19th.

~~~Moving Vibes for MBarnum!!~~~

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2010, 03:07:51 PM »

MEdia Check

iPod:  Boingo Alive (a best of 80's group Oingo Boingo complilation)

Isn't too much compilating how we ended up with Oingo Boingo to begin with?
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2010, 03:08:38 PM »

Great news, Larry!

Thanks! Now I have to do what I can with rescheduling the singer with the ankle surgery, which means I need to confirm with Ron Raines a possible schedule change, confirm the singer if still available for that November slot and tell her she's being replaced for the early sessions. Oy!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2010, 03:14:13 PM »

So, we're set with an audition at 4pm today. Sara Jean Ford, who was Kate's standby on FINIAN'S RAINBOW, will come in and sing for us this afternoon. She's just taken over the role of Christine in PHANTOM OF THE OPERA on Broadway.
http://web.me.com/sweet.ford11/sarajeanford.com/Welcome.html

Is it true, that if PHANTOM OF THE OPERA plays for another twenty years; every Equity actress in New York City between the ages of 16 and 66 will have played the role of Christine in at least one performance?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2010, 03:15:33 PM »

More like beg for food, Elmore. She hasn't scratched the furniture since I started using the spray bottle.

LOL!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2010, 03:16:52 PM »

TOD:

DVD:
Just got a documentary from Netflix about the lives of adult film stars. I forget the title, but rest assured it is just for research purposes.

CD:
Soundtracks to 3 new Telugu (or maybe they are Tamil) films. VARUDU, DESHAMUDURU, and GANGOTHRI.

I think that third one is a social disease.
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2010, 03:20:12 PM »

Awaiting the arrival of pianist and singer - I hope she knocks my socks off, although then I will not be wearing any socks.

Just so long as it's only your socks, I think no harm will be done!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2010, 03:22:02 PM »

;)

Got it!  And if you and anyone else really want to thank me...I collect key chains. :D

Wait a minute!  Are you saying you can do a "widescreen" version that doesn't require me to use Zoom to fill my HDTV screen?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2010, 03:22:03 PM »

Congratulations to:

Jrand60

Ginny

John G

Cilla
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2010, 03:23:14 PM »

I have just finished the off-Broadway live cast recording of Make Me a Song: the Music of William Finn and will now start listening to the newly released, 2-disc soundtrack of "One-Eyed Jacks."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2010, 03:26:02 PM »

Are you saying that Gerorge is imaginary?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2010, 03:29:54 PM »

Back from picking up one package and no envelopes - hopefully envelope will envelop me tomorrow.

Don't you hate people who send you letters without envelopes?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2010, 03:57:51 PM »

I got my keys to the new apartment today...about a week early! Hopefully I can get a lot of stuff moved over on my own this weekend...I am enlisting the aid of niece and nephews to move the furniture on the 19th.

I hope you aren't paying rent a week early.  Good luck with the move!

Jane

« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2010, 03:58:03 PM »

Great news elmore!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2010, 04:19:29 PM »

Has anybody here seen SPARTACUS: BLOOD AND SAND?

Is it as bad as I hear?

I was sent the DVD of the series and I'm wondering if I should waste my time with it.
You can dream…or you can do.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up