Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: FLOWERS  (Read 13191 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: FLOWERS
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2010, 01:21:10 PM »

That one didn't either.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2010, 01:21:27 PM »

Page Three clam dance!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2010, 01:35:50 PM »

Got back from the grocery just in time to see Michigan intercept Notre Dame's 1st quarter pass and then score a touchdown - Go, Blue (beat Brian Kelly, traitor to Univ. of Cincinnati)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

KevinH

« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2010, 01:44:06 PM »

Good afternoon!

TOD:  Carnations too!

Cillaliz

« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2010, 02:23:59 PM »

The kitties finally did quiet down, but this morning they are growling at each other again. So I guess there goes the chance that they might get adopted together.

To cure the problem I would give my cats baths and remove the scent of the vet, plus then they smelled the same good scent.  Since you can't bathe them after surgery try wiping them down, with distilled if you have it, water and maybe brushing their coats with a touch of mineral oil or something nice but not overpowering.

Or brush them with the same brush going back and forth.  Then each cats scent is on the other and it's pleasing...or something like that

Cillaliz

« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2010, 02:26:59 PM »

Ok, these will be the last of the kitchen photos, I'm going to try the ulitmate before and after..  Before is from photos I took right before I bought the house.   It's in a different computer, so I'll have to run downstairs to post the after . 

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2010, 02:27:12 PM »

Hello, everyone.

TOD:
I love irises and petunias and lobelia and snapdragons (so much fun for kids!) and peonies and many others.

Cillaliz

« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2010, 02:31:22 PM »

The last kitchen photo I'll post  (I promise  ;)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2010, 02:44:29 PM »

Ok, these will be the last of the kitchen photos, I'm going to try the ultimate before and after..  Before is from photos I took right before I bought the house.   It's in a different computer, so I'll have to run downstairs to post the after . 

I had forgotten what the original kitchen looked liked.  You must be feeling darn good about now. :D

Cillaliz

« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2010, 02:51:17 PM »

Ok, these will be the last of the kitchen photos, I'm going to try the ultimate before and after..  Before is from photos I took right before I bought the house.   It's in a different computer, so I'll have to run downstairs to post the after . 

I had forgotten what the original kitchen looked liked.  You must be feeling darn good about now. :D

You can say that again!!

Ginny

« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2010, 02:53:41 PM »

Great job on the kitchen, DR Cillaliz!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2010, 03:00:30 PM »

I've been asked to do a book signing for my memoir on Sunday, October 17th, 2pm, at:

Mystery and Imagination Bookshop

238 North Brand Boulevard
Glendale, CA 91203-2610

If you live in Los Angeles or thereabouts, please come on down.

Thanks.
You can dream…or you can do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2010, 03:14:02 PM »

Ok, now, to try to make some banana bread.  I almost hate to admit I've never made it before but I have over ripe bananas, so I may as well give it a try

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2010, 03:27:07 PM »

You can say that again!!

OK cuz you deserve it.  YOU MUST BE FEELING DARN GOOD ABOUT NOW!!! :D :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2010, 04:02:10 PM »

Back from my travels.  I didn't end up jogging this morning and now I wish I had because I really don't feel like it now - but I will at some point have to do it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2010, 04:04:02 PM »

The book fair was a modest affair, dealer-wise, and even more modest attendance-wise.  But I had a good time and there were some really nice books there, and I got to hang out with several dealers I'm fond of.  I was there about two-and-a-half hours, then I came back to the San Fernando Valley.  The San Diego freeway going north was appalling and insane - at two o'clock jammed to a stand-still.  I got off at Sunset and took Beverly Glen home - had I not done that I'd probably still be on that stupid freeway.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2010, 04:04:42 PM »

Then I picked up one package and the envelope I was hoping would arrive, plus yet more Kritzerland bills, which really never stop. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2010, 04:05:28 PM »

After that, I had a sandwich at Jerry's Deli.  As I was leaving, I happened to glance over at the next table and sitting with a friend was David Wechter's mother, Cissy.  How funny is that?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2010, 04:06:00 PM »

Now I am home and will relax, jog, and watch something, but right now someone needs to get me off this damn page.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2010, 04:35:02 PM »

BK, where was the Book Fair?  In Santa Monica?

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2010, 04:52:10 PM »

Ok, now, to try to make some banana bread.  I almost hate to admit I've never made it before but I have over ripe bananas, so I may as well give it a try

You can freeze your over ripe bananas. I do it all the time.

How did it turn out?

Jennifer

« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2010, 04:53:06 PM »

On my bike ride today a lady in a car almost hit me ... at a bike crosswalk!

Jennifer

« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2010, 04:58:54 PM »

I think she almost gave herself a heart attack.

It is the only bike crosswalk where I have to cross traffic (the other ones I go with the traffic).

I always let the cars at the stop sign go first. And then I either wait till the cars motion for me to go. Or make eye contact.

So today I go and in one direction there are no cars. The other direction there are 2 cars but they are not at the stop sign yet.

So I cross half way. Then wait for the first car to stop. She does. And I look at her. And she is looking in my direction but she does not make direct eye contact with me.  I start to go slowly. And she starts to go. Then she sees me in front of her and hits her brakes. She was going very slow. And she wasn't actually within a foot of me.

But I look at her and just before she hit the brakes she had this look on her face like she was not paying attention. And then after she saw me her mouth was wide open. I really think she scared herself pretty badly.

I try to be as careful as I can. But who almost hits someone at a bike crosswalk?!

I sort of felt bad that she was obviously upset (she didn't start her car after i'd crossed). The guy behind her was honking at her.  But she should have been paying attention. She was driving a car after all!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2010, 05:15:32 PM »

I got back from COCO to an unhappy phone call from the singer with the ankle who is not happy about what is going on. I sent to her, the record producer, the man with the funds, and the musical director an email saying, I've bent as far as I can for you, I've got 15 other singers to juggle, and if you're unhappy with the current schedule, perhaps I should look for a new singer. I hate this nonsense, especially being made to feel guilty because of her decisions and assuming I will fix things.

As to COCO, Andrea Marcovicci gave us a summer stock impersonation of Hepburn and couldn't save a lousy show. It's a mess: second rate score, horrible book, lousy characterizations and a strong lesban subtext. I'm sure with a huge star, Rene Aubergenois, George Rose, Michael Bennett, scenery, Cecil Beaton costumes and fabulous Hershy Kay orchesrations, the flaws were better concealed. It's still garbage.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2010, 05:20:56 PM »

Page Three clam dance!

Chowder! Steamed! Yum!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2010, 05:23:33 PM »

Why they keep trying to resurrect certain shows like Coco as if they were hidden masterpieces is an enigma to me.  They keep doing it with Merrily and every time they do all the Sondheads show up, woo-hoo, have orgasmic reactions, while normal audience members continue to shake their heads and wonder why the show keeps being revived.  Yes, like Anyone can Whistle it has a good score, but that doesn't mean the SHOW needs to be revived every three years like clockwork, with much trumpeting that it will come to B'way and, of course, it never does - should it, my prediction is unless it was a Roundabout or similar very limited engagement, it will fold just as quickly as the original. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2010, 05:23:52 PM »

Pogue, yes the fair was in Santa Monica.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2010, 05:24:13 PM »

I'm really thinking we need to get off this damn page before I blow a gasket or three.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2010, 05:24:34 PM »

And anyone who has seen me blow a gasket or three knows that that is to be avoided at all costs.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2010, 05:24:55 PM »

I guess I'll try to work up the jog energy starting here, starting now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up