Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT IS UP WITH URANUS?  (Read 12016 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
WHAT IS UP WITH URANUS?
« on: September 14, 2010, 12:21:44 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were in Uranus, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently in Uranus, too.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: WHAT IS UP WITH URANUS?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 12:22:35 AM »

And the word of the day is: TITTLE!

Ben

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 02:18:49 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 02:19:14 AM »

I must go vote in our primary after I eat breakfast and take a shower.

Ben

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 02:19:34 AM »

Oatmeal, raspberries, walnuts and cinammon.

Ben

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 02:19:44 AM »

And coffee.

Ben

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 02:20:11 AM »

And that, dear friends...

Ben

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 02:20:20 AM »

is that.

Michael

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 04:37:46 AM »

Quote from: Dan (the Man) on September 13, 2010, 11:46:05 AM
Quote from: bk on September 13, 2010, 02:11:29 AM
And the word of the day is: SUBAUDITION!

"I would like to do a number from my soon-to-be-produced musical based on VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA".  The song is called "Dive, Dive, My Darling" and it goes like this..."

Quote from Joe:OH! That's where that song is from.  I didn't recognize it when I played it earlier today.

The other popular song from the show is "Going Down In The Seaview"
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 04:47:31 AM »

I am not quite sure how it works, but at the top of BK's notes there are google ad links usually associate with what he has written

Today there were such ads there were "Handpainted (sic) Oil Paintings..." "Blick Art Materials..." & "Jia Lu Art Books" because the notes about the paintings for sale on Ebay

With the talk about about Uranus I was expecting ads for Preparation H, & Colon Cleansers
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 04:49:53 AM »

TOD

I have had my tarot done twice. Both times very general readings and nothing that made me think OH MY GOD! that's right.
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 05:58:20 AM »

Good morning, all! Last night I had two weird dreams I remember slightly, one that was vaguely terrifying involving my brothers at our old house on Goldman Avenue, and the other about recording and music.

The diva rounds continue: this morning an email from one of our tenors requesting transposition of two songs, one up a half step and one up a full step, which will cost around $400 for the copyists and another $200 for proofreading. Since I've used up my budget for copying music several weeks ago, I am not amused and I honestly suspect the request is more from a desire to sing higher (he is a tenor) than because he will sound lousy. He;s had the music for four months and two weeks before he records, he's decided this. This is his second request for higher notes and I accommodated the first. I just sent the MD a short response: NO.

I tell you all of this since I've observed what an eager interest our DR JRand60 has in developing his inner diva and I want to help a friend.

So did anyone besides me watch RIZZOLI & ISLES? I like the series but last night irked me beyond belief. we knw the show's been renewed so leaving Angie Harmon bleding on the sidewalk seems a lousy way to end things, are they killing off her brother to bring on a bad one? But what really irked me was the fact that so much could have been resolved early if any of the characters in this day and age had a cell phone! We've seen them in the series before and last night neither of these two efficient women aren't toting one in her purse or pocket?

As to my adventures in the paranormal, I'm saving them for the memoirs.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 05:58:55 AM »

TOD:

The streets of Philadelphia were at one time dotted with store front fortune tellers (before being shut down by the city some time in the 80s.)  While I never even thought of venturing inside, it seemed that I could never pass by one of these places without the proprietress banging on the window and urgently waving at me to come in.  It spooked me for years until someone told me that these women generallly believe that blonds (men and women alike) were an easy mark.  Who knew?...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 06:04:51 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 06:06:52 AM »

Larry - Is it possible that no matter how long he HAD the music in his possession, he didn't look at it until two weeks before recording?

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 06:08:59 AM »

TOD: Back in college, I had my fortune told for a story. It was a strange sitting that included tea leaves, crystal ball and the cards. There were three things I remember. One, he knew a lot about mechanics and told me how my car would die, which happened about four years later. The second was that I had a bearded author who was a sort of spiritual guide (Shaw, I thought at the time; no, he said). The third was that I would move to a place in north of Lexington, KY, that started with a C and that it would be a part of my life thereafter no matter where I moved. I had hoped Chicago (again he said no), but it turned out to be Catskill, NY. I moved there less than two years later and have continued to revisit all these years later and have at least one wonderful friend up there.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Kerry

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2010, 06:10:03 AM »

It certainly is Tuesday.
I like boat races.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2010, 06:10:09 AM »

TOD:

The streets of Philadelphia were at one time dotted with store front fortune tellers (before being shut down by the city some time in the 80s.)  While I never even thought of venturing inside, it seemed that I could never pass by one of these places without the proprietress banging on the window and urgently waving at me to come in.  It spooked me for years until someone told me that these women generallly believe that blonds (men and women alike) were an easy mark.  Who knew?...

So was she right?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2010, 06:10:41 AM »

Larry - Is it possible that no matter how long he HAD the music in his possession, he didn't look at it until two weeks before recording?

No. I was at a rehearsal with him in June.

And this is his second request for music to go higher! I accommodated him on the first one.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 06:33:23 AM by elmore3003 »

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2010, 06:15:22 AM »

I once had my fortune told.  Her credibility sank when she didn't forsee the traffic ticket I got on the way home.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2010, 06:15:51 AM »

I've sent the tenor a response which I cc'ed to the MD. I told the singer essentially no, but advised that he should run the request by the MD.

I have to go to Staples for more packing tape to finish up these cartons going to Miami University Library. I have 20-21 cartons now and I think I stopped taping them up around no. 12. I have to look for a Callaway score in one of the cartons as well, so this is the moment. I want to ship these out next week once the first round of recordings is over.

First, my oatmeal!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2010, 06:17:30 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I highly recommend DR edisaurus' couch.
Make Your Own Luck.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2010, 06:29:04 AM »

TOD:

I've gone to a few psychics over the years.  In fact, at one point I even represented Peter Hurkos.

Most of them were fakes, but there were a couple that, I felt, really had "it".

One of them, who I saw perhaps 20-25 years ago, did a Tarot reading and we recorded it on tape.  I played that tape a few years later and EVERYTHING he said would happen did.

Some people, I believe, do have "the gift".  It's just a matter of finding them.
You can dream…or you can do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 06:34:45 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

I've never had my fortune told. Part of that is due to my Catholicism where such things as fortune telling are a sin - or at least highly discouraged.  I guess I'm still afraid that Sister Mary Gregory will come after me and grab me by the tie of my school uniform. I've also had a friend or two who seemed quite intuitive and other-worldly, and, frankly, I didn't want them knowing more about me than I did of myself at the time - or in the future.  -Or something like that. ::)

I've never been to a séance. To be honest, if I did attend one and someone did make contact, I know I'd be freaked out for years.

However, I do remember playing with a Ouija board when I was a kid.  We had the board game version, but we would also sometimes construct a homemade board and use an upside-down glass.  That was always fun for a good scare. I think.

And as for Tarot cards... Nope.  Although, I do have a friend in Richmond who does readings, and having observed him with other people, well... Again, I don't want him to know more about me... *This is the same friend who did do my astrological chart, and his accuracy(?) and interpretation of said chart was quite good. Almost too good if you get my drift.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2010, 06:36:27 AM »

DR elmore - Just print out the piano/vocal charts for the tenor in the new higher keys. Then just have the band play as (previously) written.
Make Your Own Luck.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 06:36:43 AM »

And the word of the day is: TITTLE!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  WITH A LITTLE BIT OF LUCK

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 06:38:09 AM »

In 1978 or so, Bernardine, a hippie girlfriend of a stoner friend of mine, invited me to her home in Dayton for a weekend of LSD and my horoscope reading, which she had set up a month earlier with an astrologer friend by obtaining me my birthdate, place, time, etc.. I passed on the LSD, which she and her stoner boyfriend did do, but I had a fascinating horoscope reading: the two most important things I remember are that he told me I would end up living on one of the two coasts and I would do recording work. Since at that time I thought I would be an actor, I thought, maybe I'll record Books For The Blind.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2010, 06:39:20 AM »

DR elmore - Just print out the piano/vocal charts for the tenor in the new higher keys. Then just have the band play as (previously) written.

There is no band, only one piano, and to print out the music in a higher key means paying a copyist to transpose it!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2010, 06:40:13 AM »

And now...

It's my last full day in Atlanta. The only thing on my "must-do" list is a trip to the High Museum. There's a Dali exhibit currently running there, and I plan to spend a good hour or two checking that out.  And then I'll see what culinary finds I end up finding.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2010, 06:41:32 AM »

There is no band, only one piano, and to print out the music in a higher key means paying a copyist to transpose it!

Oh, I guess it's not in Finale? Well.. Just add a whole bunch of sharps to the key signature then. That should do it.  I've seen that before at auditions. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up