Archives > Archive 1

WHERE DID THE TIME GO?

(1/39) > >>

bk:
Well, you've read the notes, you've taken time out to read the notes (and I hope time was appreciative of the date - where did you take time?  Dinner?  A show?), and now you must take the time to post until the cows come home.

George:

--- Quote from: S. Woody White on May 05, 2004, 07:58:25 PM ---Here's to George and his Deux Deus.
That doesn't sound right, does it?   :-\

--- End quote ---

Good enough for me!  Thanks...and thank you Panni, also!

Well, my birthday dinner at Applebee's was very good, and we had very good service...and very little time in between each time that we saw our server (unlike lunch).  I had the chicken fried steak (I almost had the chicken fried chicken, but I stuck with the steak instead ;)).  Anyway, it was quite good, as always.  I had a side salad instead of the vegetables that come with the meal (for only $1.99 more, and since I wasn't paying, I didn't care), and the garlic mashed potatoes.  I love their mashed potatoes.  They have bits of the skin still mixed in and when you pour some extra country gravy over them, mmmmm!! ;D

For dessert, we all had the Triple Chocolate Meltdown (except my niece, who had the chimi-cheesecake).  Very good, but with as much as I ate for the meal, then I actually had the free sundae because of my birthday THEN the Triple Chocolate Meltdown...well, let’s just say that I really overdid it.  But it was worth it!  

So again, thanks for all the well-wishes.  I know it’s not unique...everyone here gets them!  That's why we all love it here!

Panni:
The President of the WGA must be a HHW lurker. Got an email bringing the membership up to date on the frenzied (and so far unproductive) contract negotiations -- in which he uses the phrase "we're willing to negotiate until the cows come home."
The cows better not be carrying picket signs is all I can say.

George:
As for Hepburn and Spencer films (in alphabetical order):

The African Queen
Desk Set
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
The Lion in Winter
On Golden Pond
The Philadelphia Story
The Rainmaker
Rooster Cogburn
Stage Door
Summertime

Panni:
Suddenly I'm wide awake.
Tracy-Hepburn - I think ADAM'S RIB is my favorite of their films together. And although the movie has not aged well, they were very touching in GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER.
Tracy alone - he did so many great films - IMHO one of the best screen actors ever. BAD DAY AT BLACK ROCK is certainly up there. CAPTAINS COURAGEOUS. I'll have to think about others. It's hard to pick.
Hepburn - I have to admit that I'm not a huge fan - I find her too mannered. I think her best performance was in LONG DAY'S JOURNEY INTO NIGHT. Liked her in THE PHILADELPHIA STORY. Will think of others later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version