Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WHERE DID THE TIME GO?  (Read 70160 times)

Ben

Re:WHERE DID THE TIME GO?
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2004, 12:24:47 PM »

Call them what you will, my pretties. They got us to page 3. We must Keep Up Appearances (an almost Hyacinth Bucket reference).

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2004, 12:25:46 PM »

This post was going to help get to Page Three... but it seems we're already there... so hold on for the dance in the next post...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 12:27:19 PM by Panni »

Panni

« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2004, 12:32:51 PM »

PAGE THREE DANCE!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*[/move]

Jed

« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2004, 12:33:05 PM »

We must Keep Up Appearances (an almost Hyacinth Bucket reference).

It's "Boo-kaaaaaay," dear! :D
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Ben

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2004, 12:34:27 PM »

Right, Dude!

Like I can get away with saying "Dude" That smiley above made me do it.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 12:34:56 PM by Ben »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2004, 12:37:47 PM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?

The little e-mail prob has been fixed, not wholly, but I'll get any e-mails sent to bruce@haineshisway.com.  What happened was that AOL blocked that address because some disgusting peckerhead glommed it and sent spam from it (bruce@haineshisway.com does not exist as an e-mail address - it isn't real - it merely forwards my e-mails to my aol account).  They will be calling AOL to remove the block, but until they do they've set it up to forward to both the AOL account and my adelphia e-mail account.  Interestingly, my hosting company told me that AOL is being sued by two huge hosting companies precisely because of this.  Had AOL bothered to actually LOOK at what was going on they would have seen that no spam could have been coming from bruce@haineshisway.com as it doesn't exist as a real e-mail address - the header information confirms instantly that the spam is coming from elsewhere.

William E. Lurie

« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2004, 01:02:28 PM »

I love this site and have been reading and posting since day one of the original HHW.  But all of a sudden there seems to be an obsession towards getting to the next page and posting page dances.  It's quality that counts, not quantity, and while we still have mainly good quality posts, I often have limited time to check out this site, and I find I have to go through more and more posts whose only purpose is to get the page count up or celebrate the latest new page.  This used to be cute, but it is now starting to get annoying.  Of course I am probably in the minority, but I wanted to get it off my chest.  A little goes a long way.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2004, 01:09:41 PM »

Sorry, I love COCO, so no raspberries from me about that score at all.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2004, 01:13:17 PM »

I spent a great part of the afternoon watching the FRIENDS interviews from last night's DATELINE. Nice show, nice clips and outtakes, but really, two hours of prime time? What I read in TV GUIDE/ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY from the six stars made much more interesting reading than that show made for interesting viewing.

That said, I'm looking forward to the two hours tonight with an hour of clips and the one hour final show. I know now that tears will be shed at my house.

Jennifer

« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2004, 01:21:13 PM »

I like the page dances, and don't really mind one-liners moving us on to the next page (since they are usually very short to read).  But I do understand why this stuff might bother some people.

Maybe we can do a bit of both.  Post some dances, but just be conscious not to overdo it.

Robin

« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2004, 01:24:30 PM »

My favorite Hepburn & Tracy film: Desk Set, oddly enough.

Miss Hepburn solo: Bringing Up Baby, one of the funniest movies ever.

Mister Tracy solo: Inherit the Wind, hands down.  
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

Jennifer

« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2004, 01:26:03 PM »

DR JRand, what does "bringing a skunk to a party" mean?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 01:49:48 PM by Jennifer »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2004, 01:28:54 PM »

Sorry, I love COCO, so no raspberries from me about that score at all.

I haven't checked this out, but a friend of mine said that the CD release of Coco is actually different than the original vinyl album...that at least one song is much longer on the album.  Does anyone know if this is true?  I have both, but I've never listened to the album.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2004, 01:32:56 PM »

I've been reading the bomb reviews of PRYMATE at Broadwaystars.

This is the play where I remember reading that there was an obscene sex scene between Heather Tom and a gorilla.

Does anyone know if that scene is still there?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2004, 01:33:17 PM »

I deleted the post Jennifer.  
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2004, 01:37:27 PM »

Hmmm, this review makes it seem like the scene is still there!  :o

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/story/190450p-164726c.html
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 01:39:14 PM by Jennifer »

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2004, 01:40:42 PM »

Where is everybody today?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 01:51:58 PM by Jennifer »

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2004, 01:41:42 PM »

There's a joke that's older than dirt that goes something like this:

The zoologist was seeking subjects for a top secret--and highly unusual--experiment and was interviewing one such candidate.  The candidate seemed to pass muster, so the zoologist finally revealed the nature of the experiment and got down to business by asking, "Would you be willing to have sex with an ape for $200."  The candidate thought for a moment and replied, "I guess that would be OK, but it might take me a few days to come up with the money."
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 01:49:19 PM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

HollyLynn

« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2004, 01:42:58 PM »

I like Lion in Winter and It's a Mad Mad Mad World as long as I can fast forward through some of it!  

Thanks again for the Birthday wishes yesterday.  All in all--it was a great day!  :o

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2004, 01:46:09 PM »

WEL: People iz jest havin' a good time.  As I've already written here in the past, I no longer am crazed about numbers, so if I post "where in tarnation IS everyone" you can just assume I'm having fun.  And if others are having fun with the page dances and whatnot, I say, the more fun the better.

Matt H.

« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2004, 01:53:19 PM »

I didn't notice any difference between the LP and CD of COCO, but that doesn't mean there isn't a difference. I've never done a comparison.

Jennifer, look at any message you have posted, and there is a button on it that would allow you to delete it if you so choose.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2004, 01:54:33 PM »

Who else is going to watch the FRIENDS final show?

I will probably watch the finale, but not the clips show.  It will be kind of sad to see all these people I have a lot of time invested in.  And they are, in a way, like friends.....very, very rich friends who never take my calls anymore.

Matt H.

« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2004, 01:56:08 PM »

The VARIETY review for PRYMATE was certainly terrible. I didn't bother to read any others. Looks like the fellow I'm coming to NYC with will be looking for another show to see at the Saturday matinee. He had wanted to see PRYMATE, but looks like it won't run into July with those reviews. The rest of us are going to AVENUE Q on Saturday afternoon.

Panni

« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2004, 01:56:47 PM »

WEL - I understand what you're saying, but to present another viewpoint... There's far too little levity and silliness in the world today.  We deal with so much serious, heavy, major stuff all the time in our daily lives - it can really get relentless. So sometimes it's fun to take a break from all that and just be silly. I don't think that's at the expense of discussing more meaningful issues here. I do believe there's room for both on HHW. If it's not your thing - and it certainly isn't everybody's cup of tea -  it only takes a moment to go by the page dances or the page counts.

Panni

« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2004, 02:08:34 PM »

Factoid of the Day from a new best seller about rats in NY.

..."New York subway workers call them track rabbits, and Sullivan writes that when rats are not foraging for food they are having sex. Rats, writes Sullivan, have sex 20 times a day with as many females as possible. Also, rats in all-male colonies will have sex with each other."

...I'm now going out to forage for food at Gelson's.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2004, 02:14:17 PM »

Sounds like some repertory companies I have worked with.

MBarnum

« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2004, 02:27:33 PM »

LOL JRand53! And a giant Guffaw!!

:D

Jenny

• May we come to trust the dreams we must fulfill.
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2004, 02:30:28 PM »

Well, I am having a Kritzerful week.  I finished "Kritzer Time" today (during chemistry), and I was crying hysterically (during chemistry).  What a perfect way to end a beautiful, sweet, wonderful series.  I can't believe that there are no new adventures of Benjamin Kritzer for me to read about!

My English teacher has joined in my crusade to make "Benjamin Kritzer" a part of the curriculum, and it will most likely be taught in seventh grade classes next year.  She started the first book last night, and the first thing that she said to me when I entered class today was "I used to role down the stairs at the movie theatre!  In fact, 'The Fly' scared me so much that I ran out of the theatre and spent the next two hours rolling down the stairs!  I'm Benjamin Kritzer!".   :)  You have another fan, Bruce!

I need some advice, dear readers.  As I've mentioned, I'm directing scenes from "Assassins" at school.  I just called a theatrical firearms rental company and they have a replica of Oswald's weapon (it doesn't fire, which is good because that's the only sort of weapon that would be allowed in my thoroughly "ghetto" school) for $65, which is great, but in order to rent it, I would have to lay out $400 which would be returned when I return the rifle.  Well, I don't have $400 even if it would be returned to me!  So unless Kennedy was shot with a seventeenth century musket, I'm back to the drawing board.  Does anybody have any suggestions?  

Despite "Prymate"'s awful reviews, I'm looking forward to seeing it.  It sounds...interesting.
"I am always thinking of myself, and I expect everyone else to do the same.  That is what is called sympathy." -Oscar Wilde

Panni

« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2004, 02:41:26 PM »

Jenny,
How many people actually know what Oswald's rifle looked like? For most civilians (aka audience) a rifle is a rifle. Why not just use any decent-looking toy rifle purchased in the toy dept of K-mart or some such store? As we used to say in the days when i was doing shows on a very low budget at the CBC  - If they're looking that closely at the props, we've screwed up anyway.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2004, 02:50:10 PM »

DRROBIN - Sue Randall who played the young girl in DESK SET (and Beaver's teacher Miss Landers - remember how shocked Beaver and Gilbert were when they saw Miss Landers in a short tennis skirt getting into a convertible with a man?)....was disfigured in the late 1960's in an auto accident and later succumbed to cancer.  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up