Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: TWO SMART WOMEN  (Read 11732 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: TWO SMART WOMEN
« Reply #210 on: September 20, 2010, 10:46:59 PM »

And if I could ask for some Vibes of Comfort and Condolence for my friend, Andy. When I got home tonight, I got this email from him:

"We put copper down tonite. He had a very large mass in his abdomen which was causing him to bleed internally. The only way that I can look at is that he had 4 very good years, which might not have been available to him had I not adopted him."

Copper was a Rhodesian Ridgeback, and due to Andy's current living situation, truly the only friend and companion he had.  I'm not a "dog person", but I know how much Andy loved Copper, and I just feel bad that I can't be there right now to give him a hug.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #211 on: September 20, 2010, 10:49:14 PM »

PAGE EIGHT
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #212 on: September 20, 2010, 10:51:00 PM »

DR John G - Very interesting Coney Island Whitefish sighting.

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #213 on: September 20, 2010, 10:51:24 PM »

Oh...

My shower is no longer dripping.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #214 on: September 20, 2010, 10:53:06 PM »

bk - Did one of the actresses play the piano solo(s) in 70, Girls, 70?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #215 on: September 20, 2010, 11:01:52 PM »

DR FJL - Will Friday's post-bk-book-event gathering at Joe Allen be a "gathering" or "dinner"?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #216 on: September 20, 2010, 11:11:41 PM »

Here's the cover of EP:

I ordered that mother a year ago!

And not to beat a dead horse... But I guess I am... The "official" press release about the release came out a few weeks ago. At least on Playbill.com, BroadwayWorld.com, etc. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #217 on: September 20, 2010, 11:12:48 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #218 on: September 20, 2010, 11:13:10 PM »

And now...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #219 on: September 20, 2010, 11:54:05 PM »

We are back from a fun afternoon and evening at EPCOT.  We got there about 1:15 and did a lot of the rides and attractions up front before finding our way to the Beach resort hotel to meet our friends at the Cape May Restaurant for dinner.  It was a fantastic seafood buffet.  After dinner, they walked us to a boat dock where we embarked back to the park to walk around the World Showcase and find a good place to watch the fabulous fireworks show over the lagoon.  We just skimmed the international pavilions and agreed that someday we'd like to come back and do those in detail.

DR Ginny.  EPCOT truly is magical.  World Showcase is one of my favorite place on earth.  Hopefully you'll get to go back someday.  It will be worth the time and money.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #220 on: September 20, 2010, 11:58:40 PM »

And if I could ask for some Vibes of Comfort and Condolence for my friend, Andy. When I got home tonight, I got this email from him:

"We put copper down tonite. He had a very large mass in his abdomen which was causing him to bleed internally. The only way that I can look at is that he had 4 very good years, which might not have been available to him had I not adopted him."

Copper was a Rhodesian Ridgeback, and due to Andy's current living situation, truly the only friend and companion he had.  I'm not a "dog person", but I know how much Andy loved Copper, and I just feel bad that I can't be there right now to give him a hug.

~~~Vibes for Jose's Friend Andy!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #221 on: September 20, 2010, 11:59:19 PM »

DR Matthew - I hope you had a wonderful first rehearsal of Sunset Boulevard.

*Btw, what is the official title: Sunset Blvd. or Sunset Boulevard?

I think it's Sunset Blvd.  I have never really seen it spelled out. 

Rehearsal was challenging.  "Let's Have Lunch" is a bear (and not the good kind).  No matter how much prep I did, it's still really challenging.  I really should have had a rehearsal pianist.  We got about 3/4 of the way through the number and will finish it tomorrow.  Of course, more than half of the cast doesn't read music, so while the notes are easy, the timing is not.  The orchestration doesn't help anyone, either.  Reality is it's the most difficult number in the show, so when it's learned, it's all downhill from there.

So, tomorrow we'll dive back in.

George

« Reply #222 on: September 21, 2010, 12:32:24 AM »

tomorrow I havea dr appointment before work - my 6 month oncology checkup -- I am feeling well and am sure of a positive report

but I sure wouldn't reject any vibes  anyone might care to send

~~~Vibes for DR Vixmom!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #223 on: September 21, 2010, 12:34:22 AM »

A package will be on it's way to George today ;)

:-*

George

« Reply #224 on: September 21, 2010, 12:36:13 AM »

Back from my first Friends of the Libraray board meeting. 

How was it?

I think it's going to be interesting.  They do a huge book sale every April (literally thousands of books).  Apparently there are already so many books collected that we are almost out of storage!   It's their major project of the year and I went back several times last year and came home with boxes and boxes of books.  It was great fun

One thing that our library system does is after books have gone to book sales (each library friend's group has its own sales with discarded books take from the book sale shelves at the Service Center) and anything that's been sent out to several sales and not sold is sent to this dealer who sells them on Amazon.  A certain percentage of those sales comes back to the library.  The seller keeps the books and we don't get them back if they don't sell, so we don't have to store ALL those book nor do we have to pay to have them sent to recycling.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #225 on: September 21, 2010, 12:43:55 AM »

Jose, the musical director, Tom Griep, was in drag.  I'll write more about the show in the notes.  Doug Haverty and I went out after to eat.  I hadn't eaten since noon when I had my sandwich and no fries so I was starving.  But we decided to split nachos and that was just incredibly stupid of me - way too heavy and I'm really annoyed at myself.  Tomorrow will be a heavy jog and a one-sandwich day as will Wednesday.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up