Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: HOME  (Read 13091 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: HOME
« Reply #240 on: September 26, 2010, 07:59:05 PM »

A TOD for Sunday.....favorite Shelley Winters performance.....

I certainly enjoy LOLITA and BLOODY MAMA

NIGHT OF THE HUNTER!
And "Place in the Sun"
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #241 on: September 26, 2010, 08:01:21 PM »

I forgot to mention that I also found the original London cast recording of Cabaret with Judi Dench on LP for $1.00. I snatched it up (I've heard tracks from it but never the entire recording) and Anthony will transfer it to CD for me.
What a great find! Was that ever released in this country on CD?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #242 on: September 26, 2010, 08:01:40 PM »

Page Nine CATCHUP Dance!
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #243 on: September 26, 2010, 08:03:40 PM »

Mercy, mercy, mercy, I just watched and reviewed SEX AND LUCIA.  So many genitals, so little time.
yes, but was it worth it?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #244 on: September 26, 2010, 08:04:38 PM »

So our Lima congregation welcomed a new baby last December and Fr. Richard performed her dedication ceremony on Easter Sunday.  Today she walked up the aisle after church and right into my arms.
That's wonderful.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #245 on: September 26, 2010, 08:05:17 PM »

I love apple crisp
Do you have any to share?
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #246 on: September 26, 2010, 08:25:26 PM »

After my nap I watched several Killer Clergy episodes and fixed dinner for the family.  Now that I've seen Mad Men for the first time since Sept. 5, I'm going to crash - 'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #247 on: September 26, 2010, 09:01:52 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #248 on: September 26, 2010, 09:26:16 PM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #249 on: September 26, 2010, 09:26:46 PM »

I think I'll take a shower, write some notes, prep for our new announcement (announced here Saturday, of course), and then get to bed.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #250 on: September 26, 2010, 09:26:57 PM »

Great pics from NY.  Looks like everyone had a simply marvelous time.  ;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #251 on: September 26, 2010, 09:29:42 PM »

It's been really hot here for 2 days.   Even the ocean is no relief.   Only went to the swap meet.  Boy am I glad I do not have room for anything.   And I do mean no room for anything.   Money saved.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 09:31:43 PM by Sam »
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #252 on: September 26, 2010, 09:30:34 PM »

I'm exhausted from the heat.  So good night all.

Have a great week.

;)

Sam

« Reply #253 on: September 26, 2010, 09:31:16 PM »

One very strange cd ordered.   8)

Sam

« Reply #254 on: September 26, 2010, 09:32:19 PM »

MEGA VIBES FOR EVERYONE.  :)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #255 on: September 26, 2010, 09:45:16 PM »

All caught up!!  Now to work on the SB schedule, work on the reed parts, and get really creative with the damn Car Chase.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #256 on: September 26, 2010, 10:02:39 PM »

Thanks for the thoughts for the parents....a photo from the surprise party....cake says....Fenced In Together for 62 Years....my oldest brother stands in the background.   ;D

Great anniversary picture, JRand...and it's a lovely wedding picture, too!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #257 on: September 26, 2010, 10:04:05 PM »

I am looking forward to watching NO ORDINARY FAMILY on Tuesday night.

Me, too.  It looks like it's just another X-Men-type-knock-off, but I'll watch the first episode, at least.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #258 on: September 26, 2010, 10:06:53 PM »

I forgot to mention that I also found the original London cast recording of Cabaret with Judi Dench on LP for $1.00. I snatched it up (I've heard tracks from it but never the entire recording) and Anthony will transfer it to CD for me.

It was, of course, released on CD briefly - I have it.

I have a copy...not an actual purchased CD.  I love it.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #259 on: September 26, 2010, 10:27:11 PM »

Good Evening!

Well, it's currently a very cool and misty 63 degrees here in NYC. Practically chilly. Brrrrrrrrr... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #260 on: September 26, 2010, 10:28:49 PM »

Yesterday, I ushered for the Washington Center for the Performance Art's 25th Anniversary CenterFest celebration.  Ben Vereen was the performer and he was fantastic!  It was just him with a piano, bass, drums and another percussion player.  The second percussion player was his very own son.  All the players were very, very good!  After his show, they had a live auction and they raised a lot of money for the Washington Center.  At one point during the auction, Ben came out wearing a plaid shirt and jeans and started encouraging the crowd to bid more money and was being quite the auction cheerleader when someone from the audience yelled for him to auction off his shoes!  For his performance, he wore a black suit and shirt with a red tie and red tennis shoes.  He yelled off stage, "Get my shoes!"  They got his red shoes and they auctioned them...they sold for $1,050!!  He signed them right then:

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #261 on: September 26, 2010, 10:32:39 PM »

DR George - Thanks for the "Vereen Report".  -Did he perform "On Broadway"?  -When he toured in Pippin during the late 1980's, his "curtain call" was a 30-minute mini-concert.  I liked that version/tour of the show, but I loved his extended bow.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #262 on: September 26, 2010, 10:40:08 PM »

DR George - Thanks for the "Vereen Report".  -Did he perform "On Broadway"?  -When he toured in Pippin during the late 1980's, his "curtain call" was a 30-minute mini-concert.  I liked that version/tour of the show, but I loved his extended bow.

He did do a mini-Broadway medley, but I can't remember if he sang the song, "On Broadway."  He also did some songs from his tribute show to Sammy Davis, Jr.  They also showed a clip of Ben on The Mike Douglas Show, when Sammy showed up unexpectedly.  Mike said that Ben was Sammy's understudy during Golden Boy and they then sang a bit of "This Is the Life" from the show.  It was a very nice moment.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 10:48:28 PM by George »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up