Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: DO ELBOWS BLEED?  (Read 10556 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re: DO ELBOWS BLEED?
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2010, 09:55:08 AM »

DR Jose, have you heard anything about PeeWee's show? I'm getting ready to plunk for tickets for when I take my mom et al up, and was just wondering, before I spend almost $600...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2010, 09:55:36 AM »

By anything, I mean, is it good?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2010, 09:59:34 AM »

Oh, to DR Jennifer and anyone with friends/family in Canada who might like JEWS AND BASEBALL, please let them know that we're opening in Toronto and Montreal tomorrow. To see the trailer: http://www.jewsandbaseball.com/trailer.html

We've been getting great reviews from bloggers and the Jewish press, and the general consensus is that you don't have to be Jewish or a baseball fan to really enjoy it. So please spread the word! We need a big weekend for the film to spread out further.

Thank you!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2010, 10:02:54 AM »

Hello all you people out there in the dark.  First night of staging "Let's Have Lunch" went well.  Almost done with the number.  I must say my cast is gracious and a lot of fun.  My choreographer is brilliant, as I know she would be and very collaborative.  Today, Norma is having a costume fitting and I'm going to attend, should be fantastic.

BK, your interview was fantastic.  Hope your elbow gets back to normal.

More later...

Edisaurus

« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2010, 10:06:08 AM »

Hmmmm...when we recorded our narration with Dustin Hoffman, he told us that he didn't want to do the next "Fockers" movie (LITTLE FOCKERS) but it looks like now they've worked out some agreement and he will do 6 scenes. He didn't seem to like the script and they had replaced the original director. Randy isn't scoring it, either. (I got to go to his scoring session for MEET THE FOCKERS!)

I wasn't crazy about the first two so I don't imagine I'll go see it, even if Dustin is in it!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2010, 10:11:30 AM »

DR Jose, have you heard anything about PeeWee's show? I'm getting ready to plunk for tickets for when I take my mom et al up, and was just wondering, before I spend almost $600...

I actually haven't heard much about it, and neither have a bunch of my friends. However, the general buzz seems to be that it can't be anything but good.  He's got a good ensemble, and most of the show is apparently based on the presentations he gave in L.A. earlier this year. -And it seems that everyone loved those. Classic Pee-Wee!

Alas, since it's a limited engagement, there are no discounts currently being offered.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2010, 10:14:12 AM »

Alas, since it's a limited engagement, there are no discounts currently being offered.

Which is why I probably won't see it. I see many things but I'm not paying $67.50 (the cheapest ticket available) to sit in the balcony for this show. I think I mentioned this a few days ago.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2010, 10:16:28 AM »

TOD:

The VERY best pasta dish I've ever had:  Spaghetti Carbonara (prepared in Naples, Italy)
The second best pasta dish I've ever had:   Spaghetti Carbonara (prepared in Berkeley CA at "Venezia")
The third best pasta dish I've ever had: Tortellini a la Bolognese (first tasted in Vicenza, Italy).
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ben

« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2010, 10:17:20 AM »

In other news... ;)

The picture didn't copy. There is a shot of Baker's Bounty Crumb Cake (quite wonderful).

I go to Baker's Bounty every Wednesday at the Union Square Greenmarket. They have a wonderful pumpkin chocolate chip bread/cake. It makes a great dessert. They also make excellent hematomas (Hamantaschen for the uninitiated). I called them that in jest and made an elderly Jewish woman VERY confused. I thought it was funny, she didn't understand and was borderline offended. I also recommend the foccacia and their pecan pie.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2010, 10:21:38 AM »

In other news... ;)

The picture didn't copy. There is a shot of Baker's Bounty Crumb Cake (quite wonderful).

Umm... Now I'm confused.  And I've had two cups of coffee.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2010, 10:23:58 AM »

Vibes for Betsy's  brother!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Ditto! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2010, 10:26:01 AM »

The carbonara at Dan Tana's (which isn't on the menu - you have to ask for it) is the best I've ever had and it's a dish I absolutely love.

Ben

« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2010, 10:26:05 AM »

In other news... ;)

I just meant that the picture didn't come along with the quote and now as I think about it I realize why, you probably didn't post it on the site, it's probably on Flicker or Twit Pics or someplace else other than Bruce's server.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2010, 10:26:32 AM »

I suppose I'll go jog in a little while, then start whatever writing I'll do today - I really only have a three-page scene to write, and then the patter.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2010, 10:27:45 AM »

I'm back from the McGlinnventory, and I think I will tackle the laundry, mop the bathroom and kitchen, and vacuum. I had to move around a lot of heavy cartons of music today and I ache all over, but I can rest tomorrow before Saturday's sessions begin.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2010, 10:37:15 AM »

In other news... ;)

I just meant that the picture didn't come along with the quote and now as I think about it I realize why, you probably didn't post it on the site, it's probably on Flicker or Twit Pics or someplace else other than Bruce's server.

OH!  Gotcha!  Yes, I uploaded it directly from my MacBook this time.

-Maybe I need a third cup of coffee.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2010, 10:38:06 AM »

And in other news...

My second load of laundry is about to go into the dryer. -Now isn't that exciting! ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2010, 10:39:20 AM »

Btw, I loved last night's "Modern Family".  -And it's also been great reading some of the very thoughtful discussions about public displays of affection (PDAs) it has raised on the internet.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2010, 10:48:34 AM »

BTW (by the way in internet speak) my doctor told me my blood sugars looked great (hurray...and rather suprising) but my cholesterol is way high (and he demanded to know why I stopped taking my cholesterol med...I had some lame excuse for him).

He also said that I am highly vitamin D deficient. Says that might be why I take two hour naps on my days off. I have to pick up some mega-dose prescription of vitamin D. We shall see what it does for me.

Jennifer

« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2010, 10:49:30 AM »

Oh, to DR Jennifer and anyone with friends/family in Canada who might like JEWS AND BASEBALL, please let them know that we're opening in Toronto and Montreal tomorrow. To see the trailer: http://www.jewsandbaseball.com/trailer.html

We've been getting great reviews from bloggers and the Jewish press, and the general consensus is that you don't have to be Jewish or a baseball fan to really enjoy it. So please spread the word! We need a big weekend for the film to spread out further.

Thank you!

There was an ad for the movie in the paper today!   It said that it is playing at one theatre in Montreal.  It's not near where I live. But there is a large Jewish community there.

MBarnum

« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2010, 10:49:33 AM »

Yes, MODERN FAMILY was very funny last night.

I hope that THE OFFICE is funnier then it was last week. And I am looking forwad to the second episode of OUTSOURCED. I love Gupta!

Jennifer

« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2010, 10:50:36 AM »

DR Elmore the story that you posted yesterday was featured on THE VIEW's hot topics today.

MBarnum

« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2010, 10:51:16 AM »

DR Edisaurus, can you get your doc submitted to our Salem Independent Film Festival?

http://www.salemfilmfestival.com/2010/index.html

It might be too late for this year, but maybe for next year.

MBarnum

« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2010, 10:54:08 AM »

Page 3 Gupta from OUTSOURCED dance!

The actor, Parvesh Cheena, reminds me so much of Buddy Hackett.

Jennifer

« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2010, 11:11:59 AM »

Oh and for anybody interested the Rutgers freshman who killed himself story is one of the topics for discussion on THE VIEW's facebook page. Lots of people have weighed in.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2010, 11:16:12 AM »

In Joel Grey news. Isn't he a bit old to play Moonface?  Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Mr. Grey, but Moonface??

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2010, 11:23:58 AM »

Congrats to DR George on his promotion!

Thanks, Dan (the Man)!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2010, 11:24:27 AM »

Congrats to DR George! Yeah!

Thanks, Jennifer!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Edisaurus

« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2010, 11:28:56 AM »

I'm trying to catch up on VAMPIRE DIARIES since I've been kind of thrown into the middle of it. It seems that Kevin Williamson, who worked with BK on the movie THE FACULTY, is the Exec producer and writer for the show. They film the show in Atlanta.

Edisaurus

« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2010, 11:29:34 AM »

DR Edisaurus, can you get your doc submitted to our Salem Independent Film Festival?

http://www.salemfilmfestival.com/2010/index.html

It might be too late for this year, but maybe for next year.

The distributor has been handling the festival submissions, so I'll mention it to him!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up