Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: OCTOBER AKA THE TENTH MONTH  (Read 7410 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: OCTOBER AKA THE TENTH MONTH
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2010, 07:57:12 AM »

Enjoyed PWOJECT WUNWAY last night......
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2010, 07:58:57 AM »

Page Two October Leaf Dance.  ;D

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2010, 07:59:52 AM »

Ms Wilkinson was DR CP's twisting partner, if I recall correctly - or perhaps he saw Ms Wilkinson doing the twist with Mr Harlan Ellison - in any case, it is some story!

Pals June Wilkinson and Harlan Ellison were twisting the night away ( a Sam Cooke reference) in my kitchen at one of my festive partays.

MBarnum

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2010, 08:04:51 AM »

Oy, I managed to survive watching Blue Mountain State for my review, but the studio wants me to IV the cast.  Double oy.

I have some interesting stuff today, including a rare staging of RIENZI (extremely truncated, but interesting) and Abbado conducting the Mahler 6.

I sure wish you would speak English! I didn't understand a word.

MBarnum

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2010, 08:06:30 AM »

JRand, enjoy WILD, WILD PLANET...if you can.

The star of WWP is Mr. Tony Russel, one of my favorite interviewees. A very nice man.

Ginny

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2010, 08:15:10 AM »

Aaahhh, much better.  I've had my blood test, Cheerios & strawberries, orange juice, meds, and (in place of the Central Pastry fried Danish I really wanted) a caramel rice cake.  Oh, and COFFEE!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2010, 08:16:06 AM »

TOD:

DVR:
episodes of LAWMAN, HIGHWAY PATROL, and SEA HUNT

Also, finishing up a fantastic documentary from 1978 called WORD IS OUT: STORIES OF SOME OF OUR LIVES. If I had seen this doc back in the day it would have been such a help to me. It interviews 26 gay men and women (including one very sweet gal who is 78 years old). Although I recorded it on the DVR I plan to also rent it from Netflix so that I can view all of the extras which includes new interviews with some of the participants.

DVD:
OUTSOURCED (the movie version)

CD:
Some Hindi religious music and some Sikh religious music

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2010, 08:33:43 AM »

Oy, I managed to survive watching Blue Mountain State for my review, but the studio wants me to IV the cast.  Double oy.

I have some interesting stuff today, including a rare staging of RIENZI (extremely truncated, but interesting) and Abbado conducting the Mahler 6.

Aishwarya Rai

There, how's that?   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ben

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2010, 08:36:55 AM »

Word is Out is a wonderful piece of work. I saw it years ago in a theatre and it's well worth viewing more than once.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2010, 08:41:12 AM »

Yes, DR MBARNUM.....I enjoyed your interview with Mr Russel - and I enjoyed WWP, I know I have the sequel to this movie....perhaps I will find it and watch it today.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2010, 08:52:06 AM »

And the word of the day is: TITTUP!

And The Song of The Day Is:  ALLEGRO

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2010, 08:59:52 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  I woke up around six feeling horribly nauseous - I didn't panic and just was still and calm and I slept on and off until the phone rang a few minutes ago.  I don't think I'll eat this morning, but I am meeting the producer of Totally Hidden Video.  Trying to get David Wechter to make a surprise appearance.  We shall see.

Laura

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2010, 09:10:49 AM »

I sure hope BK and JRand feel better soon!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2010, 09:14:36 AM »

Feel better vibes for DR JRand and for BK!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2010, 09:17:37 AM »

Ask your doctor for whatever vitamin will boost your IQ.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2010, 09:19:54 AM »

This day is not going so well between crap work at Toyland, a diva tenor, and the record producer who's aggravated the recording sessions about visitors.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2010, 10:07:43 AM »

What a morning!  I woke and readied myself and went to work as usual, in spite of the torrential rains we are having.  I caught my train to Conshohocken in Philly and tried to get into a new book but I found myself more interested in the flooded streets we were passing.  The train came to a halt at the first stop at Temple University and sat for almost ten minutes before the conductors announced that the train would not be going any further down the line and that it would be returning to the Market East station.  Well, that took another fifteen minutes before that happened.  Meanwhile, I discovered that my cell phone was dead and I couldn't communicate with my office.  I had to wait until I took the High Speed Line back to my car in Jersey before I could charge my phone and call Conshohocken.  And once I did I discovered that the Schuylkill River was overflowing the banks and that the water was beginning to approach the office building.  The office manager told everyone to go home at 11:45.  Me, I came home, ate a donut and laid down to take a nap.

Hmmm...some stories don't carry as much of an impact as you think they will once you type them out...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2010, 10:11:19 AM »

I am indeed going to visit the producer at Jerry's so I better get dressed and ready to go.

Ginny

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2010, 10:12:16 AM »

Yikes, DR Dan (the Man)!  Glad you're home safe - enjoy your day off!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2010, 10:19:42 AM »

I sure hope BK and JRand feel better soon!

DITTO! 

FEEL BETTER VIBES TO ALL WHO NEED THEM!!!

Jane

« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2010, 10:23:08 AM »

What a morning!  I woke and readied myself and went to work as usual, in spite of the torrential rains we are having.  I caught my train to Conshohocken in Philly and tried to get into a new book but I found myself more interested in the flooded streets we were passing.  The train came to a halt at the first stop at Temple University and sat for almost ten minutes before the conductors announced that the train would not be going any further down the line and that it would be returning to the Market East station.  Well, that took another fifteen minutes before that happened.  Meanwhile, I discovered that my cell phone was dead and I couldn't communicate with my office.  I had to wait until I took the High Speed Line back to my car in Jersey before I could charge my phone and call Conshohocken.  And once I did I discovered that the Schuylkill River was overflowing the banks and that the water was beginning to approach the office building.  The office manager told everyone to go home at 11:45.  Me, I came home, ate a donut and laid down to take a nap.

Hmmm...some stories don't carry as much of an impact as you think they will once you type them out...

I could envision your story as you were relating it.  After my experience Wednesday I can relate to your not having cell service to call your office.

Jane

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2010, 10:24:51 AM »

From what I've been reading Tony Curtis was a good guy.

According to a statement from the actor's manager, Mike Einfeld, the Curtis family requests that in lieu of flowers, charitable donations be made to Shiloh Horse Rescue, which helps "abused, unwanted, neglected, and slaughter bound horses of all types."

Jane

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2010, 10:25:29 AM »

Jennifer we watched THE GOOD WIFE last night-yup, excellent episode.

Jennifer

« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2010, 10:50:00 AM »

Did anyone else see/hear that Greg Giraldo (Last Comic Standing) died two days ago.  I was shocked to see Jon Stewart's homage to him on the Late Show of 9/29, which I had recorded and just got to last night.  I saw no news reporting of this at all.

They mentioned it on THE VIEW I think yesterday.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2010, 10:50:04 AM »

It sounds to me as though all the aggravation ended happily for you. It was a great telling.

I want to know why, whenever I schlep around with a lot of things to tote, the trains, buses, whatever are jamed or I end up sitting on the edge of a seat because of someone whose butt covers two damned seats. People with extra-fat asses should be charged twice so those of us with fat heads can sit.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 11:28:53 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2010, 10:51:09 AM »

I am home, I am totally crabby and pissed, and I have to write some stern emails. Maybe that will cheer me up.

Jennifer

« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2010, 10:51:54 AM »

Jennifer we watched THE GOOD WIFE last night-yup, excellent episode.

I just love this show.

MBarnum

« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2010, 11:52:10 AM »

I am home, I am totally crabby and pissed, and I have to write some stern emails. Maybe that will cheer me up.

What'd I do now?

MBarnum

« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2010, 11:53:53 AM »

I have noticed on Encore Westerns, since they have begun showing THE VIRGINIAN reruns, they also run a little mini-interview in between shows which has Gary Clarke talking about an episode they all did with an ape.

I must say, Gary Clarke has aged  very well.

MBarnum

« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2010, 11:56:41 AM »

Page 2 Gary Clarke and Gary Conway dance!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up