Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: OCTOBER AKA THE TENTH MONTH  (Read 7409 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: OCTOBER AKA THE TENTH MONTH
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2010, 12:01:36 PM »

Back from a breakfast - it was fun, and some business was discussed, too.

Michael

« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2010, 12:45:27 PM »

Tittup is kind of a June Wilkinson word, isn't it?

It's closer to Rusty Warren's knockersup
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2010, 12:51:27 PM »

Jennifer we watched THE GOOD WIFE last night-yup, excellent episode.

I just love this show.

So do we.  For us it rates up there with THE CLOSER.

Jane

« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2010, 12:52:06 PM »

Funny about the Good Wife, Keith & I disagree who she should be with. :)

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2010, 01:07:32 PM »

Back from cardiac rehab, where I kind of had the gym to myself.  Finished listening to the interview about Forbidden Broadway and started a podcast of Diane Rehm interviewing Robert Gottlieb about his Sarah Bernhardt bio.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2010, 01:09:55 PM »

I thinking people in the entertainment business should be extra careful the next few days
Gloria Stewart, Tony Curtis, Steohen J Cannell, Greg Giraldo, "Joe" Mantell (oscar nominee for Marty), Eddie Fisher, Grace Bradley Boyd (Actress & wife of Hopalong Cassidy), Harold Gould.

Now how many will make it to the In Memoriam section of the Oscar telecast. They always leave out a few people.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2010, 01:13:04 PM »

The late actor Glen Shadix talks out about Ex-Gay Therapy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gIUnr2gojU
Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2010, 01:17:42 PM »

Word is Out is a wonderful piece of work. I saw it years ago in a theatre and it's well worth viewing more than once.

I just added it to my Netflix queue. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Michael

« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2010, 01:27:31 PM »

I am in Montreal and saw that Jews In Baseball is opening today. It is playing at one small theater in the suburbs. Its about a 30 minute drive from where i'm staying
Never stop dreaming.

George

« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2010, 01:34:10 PM »

This day is not going so well between crap work at Toyland, a diva tenor, and the record producer who's aggravated the recording sessions about visitors.

~~~Continued Vibes of Comfort for DR Elmore!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2010, 01:34:52 PM »

I have noticed on Encore Westerns, since they have begun showing THE VIRGINIAN reruns, they also run a little mini-interview in between shows which has Gary Clarke talking about an episode they all did with an ape.

I must say, Gary Clarke has aged  very well.

Last night I was excited to discover recorded episodes of Cheyenne on our DVR.  For the moment we are receiving Encore Westerns.  I quickly searched for a few other shows we like and only found Maverick to record. 

How long we will have the station I have no idea.  Directv never takes the time to even inform us when they offer a free trial on a station.

George

« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2010, 01:47:41 PM »

Topic of the Day:  I got on a Goldilocks kick, so I bought The Leroy Anderson Collection (Larry, is this where those MP3 tracks came from?) and Leroy Anderson: Orchestral Music, Vol. 5.  Both of these recordings have extended music (orchestral and vocal) written for Goldilocks but not used on the original cast recording.  I'm putting together a complete recording with all the extended stuff added to the original recording. :)

"The Leroy Anderson Collection" also has a couple of vocal tracks by Kim Criswell! :D
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 01:51:32 PM by George »

Jane

« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2010, 01:48:17 PM »

I am in Montreal and saw that Jews In Baseball is opening today. It is playing at one small theater in the suburbs. Its about a 30 minute drive from where i'm staying

Will you be able to go?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2010, 01:49:09 PM »

I have noticed on Encore Westerns, since they have begun showing THE VIRGINIAN reruns, they also run a little mini-interview in between shows which has Gary Clarke talking about an episode they all did with an ape.

Last night I was excited to discover recorded episodes of Cheyenne on our DVR.  For the moment we are receiving Encore Westerns.  I quickly searched for a few other shows we like and only found Maverick to record. 

How long we will have the station I have no idea.  Directv never takes the time to even inform us when they offer a free trial on a station.

The Encore freebie is part of Starz free weekend.  If you go into your Guide, the info is there.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2010, 01:51:42 PM »

We are about to leave for Middfest to learn all about Botswana - bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2010, 02:13:56 PM »

Just got my new AT&T bill, which was supposed to start my new plan, where I'll be paying fifty bucks less per month.  Only this bill was for thirty bucks more than that.  I got on the phone immediately (well, nothing is immediate when you call AT&T) and got someone to explain to me what was going on.  I changed my plan on September 1, but my bill cycle is the 26th through the 26th so they pro-rated the old plan's extra days onto this bill.  Well, I told her that was completely unacceptable and that I didn't ask them to pro-rate the new plan to credit me all those years I was stupidly paying double what I should have been.  She spoke to her supervisor and they took the pro-rated charge off, so that's good.  I'll now wait for that adjustment to show up online before making the payment.  I have the confirmation number and the name of the person I spoke to.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2010, 02:27:11 PM »

Topic of the Day:  I got on a Goldilocks kick, so I bought The Leroy Anderson Collection (Larry, is this where those MP3 tracks came from?) and Leroy Anderson: Orchestral Music, Vol. 5.  Both of these recordings have extended music (orchestral and vocal) written for Goldilocks but not used on the original cast recording.  I'm putting together a complete recording with all the extended stuff added to the original recording. :)

"The Leroy Anderson Collection" also has a couple of vocal tracks by Kim Criswell! :D

DR George, thanks for the vibes!

I don't like those Naxos recordings much; Slatkin's tempi are too fast and nothing's relaxed. The tracks I sent you are from the recordings Leroy Anderson made of music from the score along with a lot of his orchestral pieces for MCA (Decca or Mercury, I think!). I think his tempi are much better than Leonard Slatkin, although the mighty BBC Orchestra on Naxos may play better than Anderson's pickup band.

I love Kim but her "Who's Been Sitting In My Chair" has no charm and grace: too fast, all wrong.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2010, 02:27:44 PM »

The Encore freebie is part of Starz free weekend.  If you go into your Guide, the info is there.

It would be nice if we received an email about this.  Had I not programmed Cheyenne into our DVR to record we wouldn't have known.  It seems to me the idea is to get people to watch & then pay to continue to watch.  Not very good marketing on their part.

LOL-I don't use the guide as it bothers my eyes.

Jane

« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2010, 02:38:42 PM »

Seems Keith went online this morning and checked out was was playing during our weekend special and set up shows and movies to record.

Jane

« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2010, 02:41:06 PM »

I thinking people in the entertainment business should be extra careful the next few days
Gloria Stewart, Tony Curtis, Steohen J Cannell, Greg Giraldo, "Joe" Mantell (oscar nominee for Marty), Eddie Fisher, Grace Bradley Boyd (Actress & wife of Hopalong Cassidy), Harold Gould.

Now how many will make it to the In Memoriam section of the Oscar telecast. They always leave out a few people.

Stephen J. Cannell just joined the list.
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/10/01/rip-stephen-j-cannell-remembering-the-greatest-american-hero-creator/

MBarnum

« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2010, 02:42:21 PM »

DR Jane, you should then be able to record LAWMAN (starring Peter Brown).

Jane

« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2010, 03:01:36 PM »

Thanks, Keith set it up to record. :)

Jane

« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2010, 03:04:35 PM »

Unfortunately there is only one episode of Lawman through the weekend.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2010, 03:06:13 PM »

On the way home today I did not get stopped by a roadblock.  I'm pleased to say the work is beyond our turnoff.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2010, 03:16:11 PM »

Baskin Robbins flavor of the month, Caramel Chocolate Malt:
Milk chocolate malt ice cream, a caramel ribbon, and chocolate chips.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2010, 03:57:54 PM »

I just finished watching THE WAY WEST.

Not very good.

It has a great music score, beautiful scenery and Robert Mitchum.

Beyond that....

:P
You can dream…or you can do.

JMK

« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2010, 04:01:09 PM »

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/10/01/rip-stephen-j-cannell-remembering-the-greatest-american-hero-creator/

Evidently different than Steohen J Cannell.   ;D

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2010, 04:01:34 PM »

What a morning!  I woke and readied myself and went to work as usual, in spite of the torrential rains we are having.  I caught my train to Conshohocken in Philly and tried to get into a new book but I found myself more interested in the flooded streets we were passing.  The train came to a halt at the first stop at Temple University and sat for almost ten minutes before the conductors announced that the train would not be going any further down the line and that it would be returning to the Market East station.  Well, that took another fifteen minutes before that happened.  Meanwhile, I discovered that my cell phone was dead and I couldn't communicate with my office.  I had to wait until I took the High Speed Line back to my car in Jersey before I could charge my phone and call Conshohocken.  And once I did I discovered that the Schuylkill River was overflowing the banks and that the water was beginning to approach the office building.  The office manager told everyone to go home at 11:45.  Me, I came home, ate a donut and laid down to take a nap.

Hmmm...some stories don't carry as much of an impact as you think they will once you type them out...

I hope that you're enjoying your impromptu day off, Dan!

JMK

« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2010, 04:01:42 PM »

Larry, I took the liberty of sending those Anderson MP3s to one of my contacts at Naxos, who is a big Anderson fan.  He LOVED them!

Jane

« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2010, 04:11:12 PM »

Evidently different than Steohen J Cannell.   ;D

Yes, which must be why I missed his name in Michael S's list. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up