Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE THREE "A'S"  (Read 8149 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THE THREE "A'S"
« Reply #150 on: October 06, 2010, 10:02:13 PM »

So for now, I'm hoping when I wake up my sore throat is better and I feel better then I do right now.  I took an allergy pill and it helped somewhat, so I'm hoping that's what it is

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: October 06, 2010, 10:02:37 PM »

Oh! I got us to page 6. ....well, good night

Vincent

« Reply #152 on: October 06, 2010, 10:09:49 PM »

Thanks for the welcomes from yesterday.
I'm not drunk. I'm from Texas.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #153 on: October 06, 2010, 10:29:34 PM »

Hmmm... I keep getting that SQL-security error message every now and then when I refresh the page... ???
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #154 on: October 06, 2010, 11:01:20 PM »

George - Are the later hours related to the promotion?  (I may have missed some discussion on this.)

Fortunately, no.  I stayed late just because I stayed late. 

Before I decided to apply for the new job, I tended to be very flexible with my schedule (meaning, I would get to work late in the morning but not at a consistent time)...and my supervisor didn't mind.  Now that I'm going to be the supervisor, I need to be less flexible with my schedule, and I've been getting to work earlier than I had been before.  The hard part has been getting used to going to bed earlier.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: October 06, 2010, 11:47:38 PM »

Back from a nice Gardenia evening.  The audience seemed to enjoy it - as always there were about twelve no-shows so we ended up with about forty people, which, at the Gardenia is every table filled and some people at the bar - for the first show we had about ten more audience members.  The show itself went smoothly, but the light and sound person (not the usual guy) was not good and the sound was, for me anyway, poor, and the lighting was such that there was no light on the music stand, where some people needed their lyric sheet.  But that's not going to matter for the next show because from now on there's no more crutches - everyone has to learn their songs, period.  Unless there's a really complicated list song, which is the only time we'll allow it.  The between song patter was fun.  Jason Graae was there, as was dear reader Sam, Adryan Russ, Doug Haverty, Shelley Markham, Gary Stockdale and lots of other nice folks.  Happily, Jason said he's around in December to do our Christmas show (on the first Wednesday) so I'm really happy about that.  Now, onto the November show.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #156 on: October 06, 2010, 11:56:40 PM »

just got home, no time to read, tired, night all, fast, love ya  ;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #157 on: October 06, 2010, 11:56:57 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JMK  ;) ;)
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #158 on: October 06, 2010, 11:59:58 PM »

I was quite surprised having never been to the Gardenia.  My dinner & dessert were quite good. 
The show was wonderful,  I KNEW THE SONGS, what a treat.  :)

Looking forward to going to another show.   :)

Sam

« Reply #159 on: October 07, 2010, 12:01:02 AM »

Sleep  8)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up