Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LAUNDRY LIST  (Read 7671 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: THE LAUNDRY LIST
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2010, 09:42:10 AM »

TOD:

DVD - Advance to the Rear - thank you, dear DR Elmore!

I only hope it's as good as you remember it was! I was quite disappointed.

LOL!  I'm sure it will be wonderful, because I've never actually seen the movie, just listened to  the New Christy Minstrels' recording Today.

You are in for a lot of disappointment. I suggest you watch it with a big stiff drink.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2010, 09:42:44 AM »

Page 3!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2010, 09:51:06 AM »

TOD:

DVD - Advance to the Rear - thank you, dear DR Elmore!

I only hope it's as good as you remember it was! I was quite disappointed.

LOL!  I'm sure it will be wonderful, because I've never actually seen the movie, just listened to  the New Christy Minstrels' recording Today.

You are in for a lot of disappointment. I suggest you watch it with a big stiff drink.

How 'bout my evening meds - will those do?

Off to CR - bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2010, 10:23:59 AM »

DR DtM - I do have THE MIRACLE on a homegrown DVD now, but it is from the VHS so it's a Technirama movie in P/S.

Thanks, DR JRand, but I think I'll just wait until a TCM showing (I appreciate the thought, though!)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2010, 10:24:43 AM »

Hello, everyone.

I only have a minute, then I must be off.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2010, 10:26:22 AM »

Nice paragraph on SUGAR, Bruce! That should help sales.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2010, 10:26:43 AM »

Feel-better vibes to Cillaliz.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2010, 10:27:50 AM »

* * * * *  BLOODWORK VIBES FOR DR GINNY  * * * * *
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2010, 10:30:08 AM »

Unpacking vibes to MBARNUM.

Before leaving the East Coast, I had an egg crate foam pad I didn't want. My real estate agent, a real dog lover, asked if she could donate it to the local animal shelter for the arthritic dogs. Of course! It hadn't occurred to me that this might be something they could use.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2010, 10:30:43 AM »

MEdia Check:

iPod:  BLOODY BLOODY ANDREW JACKSON Cast Recording and John Lennon's IMAGINE and DOUBLE FANTASY

Tivo:  lots and lots from TCM this week--looking forward to I MARRIED A WITCH which I haven't seen in years and THE EARRINGS OF MADAME DE which sounds intriguing!

DVD:  FRINGE Season One

« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 10:32:14 AM by Dan (the Man) »
-- Anaïs Nin

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2010, 10:31:23 AM »

Continued good-health vibes to DR Ginny.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2010, 10:31:38 AM »

Gotta scoot.

TTFN.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2010, 10:38:52 AM »

I guess the non-blockbuster box office for THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG last Christmas pretty much put the last nail in the coffin for conventional animation for Disney for the near future.  The character designs for the upcoming TANGLED look like they were meant to be cel animated.  I wonder if at some point a decision was made to switch the production over to a GUI style.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2010, 10:44:09 AM »

Well, how long before we get THE BREAKFAST CLUB musical?
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2010, 11:18:35 AM »

The Fed Ex has arrived. Now I'm waiting for the lady.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2010, 11:40:29 AM »

feel better vibes to Cilla and Ginny, and anyone else who is feelin' po'ly...

It's my sister Rikki's actual 60th b'day today - the celebrating hasn't stopped for the past 10 days, and more is coming this weekend and next. Sheesh... I'm dog sitting while she galivants.

Two big grant proposals due within the next two weeks... I'm procrastinating a bit. Never remember having the big ambition to write grant ap's and thank you notes, back in the day when I imagined what my life would be...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2010, 11:41:06 AM »

Elmo!! Let's have soup at Artie's very soon...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2010, 11:41:28 AM »

Off I go into this day... bye, all...
PennyO

Vincent

« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2010, 12:01:32 PM »

I guess the non-blockbuster box office for THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG last Christmas pretty much put the last nail in the coffin for conventional animation for Disney for the near future. 

They should take into account the subject matter. A girl's fairy tale about kissing frogs is not something that will attract a big audience.
I'm not drunk. I'm from Texas.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2010, 01:27:26 PM »

Oh, Lord, what a day.  I got up and never even had time to come to this here site - my AOL account continues to send out virus links to people in my address book, so I spent a long time sending out e-mails to everyone in the address book to ignore those bad links.  Then the helper arrived and we did a couple of errands and whatnot and she packaged up some orders.  Then we went to storage to get the music for the next Gardenia show and were greeted with a whole stack of boxes that had toppled.  We removed the two boxes that were on the floor to find a huge wet spot, so there was obviously a leak during the rain.  Not good.  I don't know what kind of damage to those boxes that were on the floor in that section, or if the water damage went further back or to the sides.  We got the guy to come and look and this guy, who has been a total jerk on one other occasion (he's not the manager of the facility, just the employee), looked at it and basically said, "Yeah?  So?  What do you want me to do?"  We explained nicely that we have nothing but paper in the storage unit and therefore any water leak is NOT OUR PROBLEM OR OUR FAULT.  This seemed to enrage him.  He argued, he yelled, he told us to call the insurance company, he told us to call the corporate office, and then the nice fellow got to see a side of my that you never EVER want to see.  No one can yell louder, nastier, or longer than me when I'm pushed.  Both the helper and I told him that his attitude was outrageous, it was clearly the fault of Public Storage and that we wanted to move the stuff to another unit until the problem could be solved.  He refused to do ANYTHING!  I pulled the music I needed while the helper went to the office with him to insist he call the district manager immediately. 

While he was speaking to the district manager he kept yelling at the helper, which was great, since the district manager could hear it all.  But the cell service to him was bad and the call was dropped.  We left a message and left.  We got him on the phone as we were driving home and he said as soon as he heard what this jerk was doing he headed over to the property.  We turned around and joined him there.  We told him everything, he saw the water damage, acknowledged instantly it was a problem of Public Storage and agreed we should move the stuff asap into another unit.  He asked if we could hire folks to do the move and I said yes - they'll credit me whatever it costs and I probably won't have to pay the next two months' rent.  I recommended they fire the jerk because they do not want someone like that representing Public Storage.  If there was enough water damage our unit and its contents could conceivably collapsed down into the unit below. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2010, 01:28:06 PM »

I'm starving now, but I'm still annoyed at having to deal with such a putz - and I'm waiting for the call to tell us how the move will work.

Ginny

« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2010, 01:39:00 PM »

Back from the CR gym and the hematologist, who found nothing of concern in the blood work he'd ordered except a slight anemia.  Don't have to see him again for 6 months.

Thank you to DRs Dan (the Man), Jeanne, and PennyO for the vibes I found upon my return.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2010, 02:04:55 PM »

Bruce, so sorry to hear about the storage locker problems. It does sound like the district manager is doing all he can to fix a bad situation. Maybe you can negotiate an even better deal, now that you have the guy's ear. Sorry it happened, though.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2010, 02:07:02 PM »

Getting back to doggies and other pets, the USPS has some adopt-a-shelter-pet stamps that are REALLY CUTE!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2010, 02:42:52 PM »

Back from the CR gym and the hematologist, who found nothing of concern in the blood work he'd ordered except a slight anemia.  Don't have to see him again for 6 months.

:)  Vibes you won't be anemic by the next test.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2010, 02:45:16 PM »

Bruce vibes you didn't have any damage!!!

Ginny

« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2010, 03:04:01 PM »

:)  Vibes you won't be anemic by the next test.

Thanks, DR Jane!  I've been reading dietary tips and they all recommend dark green leafy vegetables, which you're told NOT to eat when taking blood thinners.  Aaargh!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2010, 03:13:49 PM »

Thank you to DRs Dan (the Man), Jeanne, and PennyO for the vibes I found upon my return.

~~~Non-Anemia Vibes for DR Ginny!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2010, 03:14:17 PM »

That explains the low blood count.  Can you take iron pills or is that the same issue?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up