Archives > Archive 1

ANYTHING BUT NOTHING

(1/32) > >>

bk:
Well, you've read the notes, you've gathered their meaning, their meaning has gathered you and now it is time to gather your excellent postings.  To it, I say.

S. Woody White:
Ah, the media report!

We have been quite busy adding to our DVD collection, der Brucer and I have.  Quite busy indeed!

Der Brucer has bought me the newer sets of Good Eats DVDs, nine new discs in total.  (They're currently on an extra bargain sale over at FoodNetwork.com.)  I know, it seems silly to have cooking shows on disc, but Alton Brown is just damn entertaining, and full of information, and his haircut makes me feel good about my own.  It's one cooking show that holds up to repeated viewings.  Plus, on the DVDs, there are not just three episodes per disc (running about 21 minutes per show), but an extra ten minutes or more where he answers questions that were sent in after the show aired.  

Der Brucer is very happy, however, that one episode that has not yet made it's way onto disc is the episode about tofu.  He's not a big tofu fan.  Scrapple is more his style.

Add to those discs the Frankenstein and Wolf Man collections, and a couple of plays on disc that he wanted, Barnum and Nunsense 2: The Sequel.  The Barnum is of the London production with Michael Crawford.  Crawford doesn't appear in Nunsense 2, however.  I don't know what Crawford would have looked like in a wimple.

There was one disappointment which is going to require der Brucer contacting the company that shipped the two stage productions, because they boo-booed on the third disc he ordered, an entertainment called A Murder of Crows.  What he wanted, and it's clearly printed on the receipt, was the wide-screen special edition.  What was instead sent was the full-screen version.  Der B is not pleased at all.  I'm pretty sure it was a clerical error, which the DVD purveyors should rapidly correct once contacted.  Until then, I will simply have to put up with a fuming der B.

As Alton Brown frequently says (quoting Milne, of course): "Oh, bother."

S. Woody White:
THAT was the first post?

I took long enough to write it, I was sure someone else would have beat me to it!

bk:
No one beat you to it because of the Wussburger factor.

S. Woody White:
Dang.  Well, it is Friday nite.  Maybe everyone is out getting drunk.

I hope they taste good.

(A Douglas Adams reference.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version