Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WALKING DISTANCE  (Read 8769 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
WALKING DISTANCE
« on: October 11, 2010, 10:58:40 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes walked and had distance, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently within walking distance and yet are still not home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: WALKING DISTANCE
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 10:59:42 PM »

And the word of the day is: NEPENTHE!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 11:03:45 PM »

Notes and new discussion are up EARLY tonight!

Matthew

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 11:05:01 PM »

Great rehearsal tonight.  Finished blocking Act One in preparation for running Act One tomorrow.  Thank goodness there is not much dialogue in this show and where there are songs, they really dictate where the movement should be.  Things are coming along great.

FJL

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 11:25:27 PM »

Ooh, it's late.  I'll type out our anniversary thank-yous tomorrow.

FJL

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 11:25:52 PM »

Meaning Tuesday.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 11:40:52 PM »

~~~Vibes for TD and Family!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 02:06:51 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 02:09:53 AM »

Vibes to Dear TD.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 03:20:43 AM »

Health vibes to TD!! And congratulations on your weight loss. I've had a bout of diverticulitis (it started when I was in NY for THE BRAIN) and thought it was appendicitis at first...very painful! But antibiotics and dietary fiber= no problems since then.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 03:24:19 AM »

Vibes to Little Ricky! My cow cat Elmo turned out to have ringworm after I adopted him. I didn't realize how contagious it was, so we were lucky it went no further than him, since we adopted him along with Bailey and back then they were very snuggly with each other.

Awwww...Bailey just brought me a toy mouse. He wants to play!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 03:30:09 AM »

TOD: Favorite Episode: "Uncle Simon", because my dad used to always quote it. "Barbara....Barbara...bring me my _______ in my bone china cup!"  (The blank would be filled in by whatever he wanted, but always in the bone china cup, LOL!

Edisaurus

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 03:35:19 AM »

I also love the episode "It's a Good Life" with Billy Mumy.

Edisaurus

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 03:38:26 AM »

I loved THE TWILIGHT ZONE, THE ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR and THE OUTER LIMITS, even though they scared the heck out of me. I loved scary stuff as a kid (I had subscriptions to CREEPY AND EERIE) and loved to make creepy crawlers when all my friends were playing with Barbies. The scary movies of today have zero appeal to me.                     

Edisaurus

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2010, 03:40:19 AM »

Bonus Round:
Favorite THE OUTER LIMITS: "Don't Open Until Doomsday"
Favorite THE ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR: "The Jar"

Edisaurus

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 03:42:16 AM »

And now, I think I'll go back to bed for a bit. But before I go:

HAPPY HAPPY (slightly late) ANNIVERSARY TO FRED AND SKIP!!! Hope to see you in NY when we open the film Nov. 5th!

Ben

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2010, 03:47:15 AM »

Sleep tight Amy!

Ben

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2010, 03:47:58 AM »

I'm up for  the day after oatmeal with pecans, raisins and cinnamon

Ben

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2010, 03:48:16 AM »

Later, gators.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2010, 03:51:44 AM »

TOD:

I can never remember the name of the episode, but my favorite "Twilight Zone" was the one with Howard Duff where he's in his office and, suddenly, somebody yells "Cut!" and he's on a movie set.

I've never forgotten that one.
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2010, 03:55:09 AM »

I'm off to Los Angeles. 

Not sure what kind of Internet service I'll have there, so I may/may not be on this board for this week.  I fly back home on Monday.

If any of you L.A. folk are around the Mystery and Imagination Bookshop on Brand Blvd. in Glendale at 2 pm on Sunday (17), please stop by.
You can dream…or you can do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2010, 04:43:06 AM »

Good morning, all! I forgot to set the alarm and I overslept. I was having a peculiar and frustrating dream in which I wandered around my apartment in search of a dry towel for my bath and I coud find none. My roommates in this dream were Zak Stains and Peter Clem, a friend I've not seen in about ten years. There was also another person in this dream helping me to unpack and put things away, so I gather I'd just moved into this place. Very strange.

So, this morning I have the McGlinnventory followed by an editing session with Mr Skip Kennon. I've been invited to a hootenany tonight hosted by David Lutkin and I hope I can go. It's in midtown, and DJ said he would email me the address today.

I see we're having connection problems this morning.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2010, 04:44:00 AM »

I tried to post several times and was told that the Server would not connect.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matthew

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 04:58:21 AM »

Cat napped from 12:00am to about 4:00 when the DP left for work. Now, the DD's and I are watching the 2005 TV version of "Once Upon a Mattress" that I had on the DVR.  I should be asleep soon as it's pretty bad.  Actually, it's really bad.  The charm of the original script is gone.  As my kids would say, "It's total forced happiness" which is not the way it should be. 

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2010, 05:42:52 AM »

And the word of the day is: NEPENTHE!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  DRINKING AGAIN

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2010, 05:58:01 AM »

Good morning, all! I forgot to set the alarm and I overslept. I was having a peculiar and frustrating dream in which I wandered around my apartment in search of a dry towel for my bath and I coud find none. My roommates in this dream were Zak Stains and Peter Clem, a friend I've not seen in about ten years. There was also another person in this dream helping me to unpack and put things away, so I gather I'd just moved into this place. Very strange.

So, this morning I have the McGlinnventory followed by an editing session with Mr Skip Kennon. I've been invited to a hootenany tonight hosted by David Lutkin and I hope I can go. It's in midtown, and DJ said he would email me the address today.

I see we're having connection problems this morning.
But the line in the original "Hairspray," uttered by Miss Penny Pingleton, aka the checkerboard chick, was, "I'm going to a hootenany in Harlem!"
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2010, 06:01:18 AM »

I don't think I've ever seen an episode of Twilight Zone, because it was too scary.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

John G.

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2010, 06:01:50 AM »

Loved "Twilight Zone." And I have a book somewhere that breaks down every original episode with title, cast, synopsis and notes. That said, I don't know the titles of most of my favorites. Of course, being a foodie, there's "To Serve Mankind." Then there's the one with Burgess Meredith as the bookworm who ends up all alone in the work and it's filled with books, except he'll loose or break his glasses by the end of the episode and realize he's in a hell of his own.

But my favorite wasn't even filmed for "TZ." It was the short film of "Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge," which aired in the last season when the show had gone to an hour. It was an almost-silent episode as the story unfolded and it was just beautifully filmed. The ending was a shocker to me.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2010, 06:02:53 AM »

Woke up in the middle of the night with the chills. I added a couple of blankets to the bed and took a couple of aspirin, which started a sweat, but I'm still feeling horrible. I think I'm headed back to bed.
― Voltaire

Kerry

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2010, 06:12:07 AM »

TOD:

A Stop At Willoughby
I like boat races.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up