Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WALKING DISTANCE  (Read 8798 times)

Laura

Re: WALKING DISTANCE
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2010, 01:26:02 PM »

We had a DR who was in one of the Twilight shows, didn't we? Which one was she in?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2010, 01:48:01 PM »

DR GEORGE the South Pacific DVD's arrived today - THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

You're welcome!  That was quick. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2010, 01:48:56 PM »

I don't think I've ever seen an episode of Twilight Zone, because it was too scary.

But Laura...how did you know it's scary, if you've never seen an episode?  Hmm??

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2010, 01:56:35 PM »

DR George - I also received a DVD today - thank you!!!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2010, 02:17:53 PM »

Things have been going too swimmingly on the Herbert recording: I got an email from my coloratura soprano who's got a lot of music to record and she's got strep throat and laryngitis and doesn't thonk she can record in next week's sessions. Even worse, her availability dates in November and January don't align with our recording schedule.

So . . . I've emailed our producer Judy to see if we can get oen more day at the Academy on Jan. 8; if not, i've got to find a new coloratura ASAP.

~~~Coloratura Vibes for DR Elmore!!~~~

DR George, thanks for the vibes and the DVD that arrived today.

I think your vibes are very good: our producer has sessions for another recording earlier in the week of November and she thinks we can squeeze ou ill singer into some time slots to record her material then. Everyone, keep them fingers crossed!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2010, 02:24:13 PM »

Throat healing vibes for DR Elmore's soprano!

Breathe, DR Elmore, breathe!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2010, 02:26:12 PM »

We are off for our evening out and about in our community - bye for now!

td

• td
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2010, 03:20:20 PM »

Thank you everyone for the personal vibes,  it has been a trying day.
Miss Dixie's trip to the vet, including my personal SINUS issue (at least it wasn't digestive), was met with good and not-so-good news.
The positive side is that she is showing no signs of glaucoma.
The not-very-positive side it that both eyes require more expertise than our vet, the amazing Daniel Murphy, has to offer.
(When Miss Dixie was a pup, there was concern on the vet's part about her sight and hearing since she is almost entirely one color, and both or her eyes are blue; evidently in huskies that can be cause for concern, even later in life).
To be on the safe side, Dr. Murphy started Dixie on ten days worth of antibiotic and prednisone and faxed her information to a canine opthamologist.
We have a follow-up appointment with Dr. Murphy next Tuesday, if the meds aren't doing anything for her, we may need to set up an appointment with the ophthalmologist.
So, I say that DD Miss Dixie requires more vibes than her family does right now.

Incidentally, for me, this is one of those pain-free days.  I have them every now and then. 
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

George

« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2010, 03:42:16 PM »

DR George - I also received a DVD today - thank you!!!

You're welcome!

George

« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2010, 03:44:21 PM »

Thank you everyone for the personal vibes,  it has been a trying day.
Miss Dixie's trip to the vet, including my personal SINUS issue (at least it wasn't digestive), was met with good and not-so-good news.
The positive side is that she is showing no signs of glaucoma.
The not-very-positive side it that both eyes require more expertise than our vet, the amazing Daniel Murphy, has to offer.
(When Miss Dixie was a pup, there was concern on the vet's part about her sight and hearing since she is almost entirely one color, and both or her eyes are blue; evidently in huskies that can be cause for concern, even later in life).
To be on the safe side, Dr. Murphy started Dixie on ten days worth of antibiotic and prednisone and faxed her information to a canine opthamologist.
We have a follow-up appointment with Dr. Murphy next Tuesday, if the meds aren't doing anything for her, we may need to set up an appointment with the ophthalmologist.
So, I say that DD Miss Dixie requires more vibes than her family does right now.

Incidentally, for me, this is one of those pain-free days.  I have them every now and then. 

~~~Continued Vibes for Miss Dixie and TD!!~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2010, 03:50:16 PM »

Me too, DR CILLA LIZ - and I think we are both in the GAP demographic.

:D   Actually, I didn't see the new one until I read the story today.  It was pretty lame.  Why change a good thing?

Cillaliz

« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2010, 03:52:42 PM »

DR George, thanks so much for the dvds.  I'm keeping my eye out for fun keychains....

Cillaliz

« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2010, 03:53:04 PM »

VIBES FOR MISS DIXIE AND TD~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2010, 03:56:21 PM »

Little Ricky is doing pretty well today.  He tolerated me putting cream on his elbow quite well and he's been eating and eating.  I think he's getting settled in.  Callie REALLY wants to go see him, but not yet.    I called the Humane Society today and told them that my vet suspects ringworm.  The woman on the phone was shocked.  She got his records and said no one noticed anything like that and if they had they would have pulled him off the floor, put him in the isolation room and treated him.   I'm to call them when I have the results. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2010, 03:57:05 PM »

Watching CNN and waiting for the first miner to appear....since they haven't even sent down the first paramedic yet, it will be a while.

Cillaliz

« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2010, 03:57:51 PM »

Man i dont' think I could fit in that capsule.  OF course if my options were stay underground and die or fit in the capsule, I'd find a way to fit in the capsule

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2010, 03:59:58 PM »

Speaking of weather... it's Indian summer here again.

Yes, indeedy...hot, Hot, HOT!

Current temp in downtown Oakland -- 95 degrees.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2010, 04:00:48 PM »

Man i dont' think I could fit in that capsule.  OF course if my options were stay underground and die or fit in the capsule, I'd find a way to fit in the capsule

Given the length of time they've been trapped, I'm quite certain they're all a lot thinner than they were before. 
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2010, 04:02:29 PM »

I was supposed to have some film shot today for a commercial in Spanish.  I'm not sure if i want to spend the money on it or not.  I'm considering waiting to see how it works for the guy down the hall.   I'm watching the channel and the last 3 commercials were in English.  I wonder if anyone even watches the commercials

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2010, 04:06:23 PM »

Beginning the testing of the capsule in about 2 more hours....that's what they said abotu 2 hours ago.  Before midnight the first miner should come out.  I heard they want to do it at night because they haven't been exposed to light for so long

George

« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2010, 04:19:15 PM »

Things have been going too swimmingly on the Herbert recording: I got an email from my coloratura soprano who's got a lot of music to record and she's got strep throat and laryngitis and doesn't thonk she can record in next week's sessions. Even worse, her availability dates in November and January don't align with our recording schedule.

So . . . I've emailed our producer Judy to see if we can get oen more day at the Academy on Jan. 8; if not, i've got to find a new coloratura ASAP.

~~~Coloratura Vibes for DR Elmore!!~~~

DR George, thanks for the vibes and the DVD that arrived today.

I think your vibes are very good: our producer has sessions for another recording earlier in the week of November and she thinks we can squeeze ou ill singer into some time slots to record her material then. Everyone, keep them fingers crossed!

You're welcome!  And good luck!

George

« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2010, 04:19:43 PM »

DR George, thanks so much for the dvds.  I'm keeping my eye out for fun keychains....

You're welcome!  And thanks!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2010, 04:21:11 PM »

We had a DR who was in one of the Twilight shows, didn't we? Which one was she in?

I don't remember the title, only her co-star - J. Pat O'Malley.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: October 12, 2010, 04:22:16 PM »

I got packages (and plenty of 'em) today from MBarnum and George.  The latter was encased in plastic and came with a letter from the USPS apologizing for mangling the package beyond repair (it also seems to have been moist) - the DVD was fine, however.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: October 12, 2010, 04:24:42 PM »

It's been an insane day - I really just wanted to relax after going to storage - but I was so intent to go through the boxes I hadn't been through and to nuke everything I didn't need - so that took quite some time, plus the helper, due to some stupid, sickening stunt pulled by some rock band on the 405 freeway, didn't get to me till after noon - she spent an HOUR on the freeway because of those losers - they apparently have been arrested, and I hope they don't name them so these creeps get free publicity and then sell hundreds of downloads - because that's the kind of idiot society we live in and that's exactly what would happen.

Laura

« Reply #115 on: October 12, 2010, 04:35:34 PM »

Being buried alive is my recurring nightmare. I pray that the rescue goes well and all are brought up safely.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

« Reply #116 on: October 12, 2010, 04:45:16 PM »

I got packages (and plenty of 'em) today from MBarnum and George.  The latter was encased in plastic and came with a letter from the USPS apologizing for mangling the package beyond repair (it also seems to have been moist) - the DVD was fine, however.

BK, were you able to check yet to see that the DVD actually plays?  If there's any problem, I can easily send you (or anyone else) another copy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: October 12, 2010, 04:46:25 PM »

Being buried alive is my recurring nightmare. I pray that the rescue goes well and all are brought up safely.

Mine is a visit from DR MBarnum. Terrifying!

On a serious note, I hope it goes well, too. I can't imagine the hell it's been for them and their families.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: October 12, 2010, 04:47:28 PM »

I was supposed to go to a hootenanny led by David Lutkin tonight and I am so tired, I just called and canceled. I really wanted to meet David. I'm a big fan of his.

Jennifer

« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2010, 05:00:13 PM »

My sister has been sick with the stomach flu. She doesn't do well with things like this, since her body becomes very weak.  Today they called from school to say that my niece threw up.

So I went over here to take care of her (my mom went to watch the baby). Fingers crossed I won't get it (since I seem to catch most things people have).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up