Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THUS SPAKE ZARATHUSTRA  (Read 9336 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: THUS SPAKE ZARATHUSTRA
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2010, 12:16:39 PM »

DR Cillaliz - I spend a lot of time in the room on the southeast corner of our house, too.  It was Rob's bedroom until his freshman year of high school, when he moved upstairs.  I claimed this room as mine and moved my closet and dresser out of our bedroom, making it much more restful for DH Richard when I had to get ready for work (summers, alternate Saturdays, and everyday after he retired) and giving us both more closet space.  The rest of the room is what he calls my "haven" - easy chair/footstool, desk, bookshelves, TV, craft stuff, etc.

Is that the room with the handcuffs attached to the wall?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2010, 12:17:16 PM »

!!! Page 3 Dance !!!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2010, 01:07:59 PM »

DR Cillaliz - I spend a lot of time in the room on the southeast corner of our house, too.  It was Rob's bedroom until his freshman year of high school, when he moved upstairs.  I claimed this room as mine and moved my closet and dresser out of our bedroom, making it much more restful for DH Richard when I had to get ready for work (summers, alternate Saturdays, and everyday after he retired) and giving us both more closet space.  The rest of the room is what he calls my "haven" - easy chair/footstool, desk, bookshelves, TV, craft stuff, etc.

LOL!  No, DR Elmore, we took those out before we moved in!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2010, 01:13:42 PM »

I just finished watching the Mexican film LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD (1959). It features the characters Red Riding Hood, Fercious Wolf, and Stinky the Skunk.

Once I got over the initial shock of this Spanish language feature's somewhat bizarre characters, I had to admit that I totally enjoyed it! I don't know if I could have made it through the English dubbed version, but this original version was kind of fun...and kind of weird.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 01:16:56 PM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2010, 01:16:11 PM »

...now onto the sequel...LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD AND HER FRIENDS. If I survive this one then there is another sequel yet to enjoy.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 01:18:45 PM by MBarnum »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2010, 01:23:38 PM »

LOL!  No, DR Elmore, we took those out before we moved in!

Since I know who lived there before, that's even funnier!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2010, 01:24:49 PM »

...now onto the sequel...LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD AND HER FRIENDS. If I survive this one then there is another sequel yet to enjoy.

And how old will you be on your next birthday, little Mikey?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2010, 01:37:04 PM »

Hello, everyone.

I'm the weary and bleary one today. My next-door neighbors had a guest(s?) over last night. Noise. The people across from me in the next building had a party. More noise. I don't go to sleep particularly early, but I would like it quiet after midnight. It didn't quiet down until 1 am. The noise is really a problem for me, even when I'm not trying to work. I simply don't like it. How does one know if an apartment will be quiet? This one was very quiet when I viewed it. sigh.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2010, 01:42:46 PM »

Vibes of comfort to DR TD and his mum. I hope your many happy memories of Miss Dixie Bell soon soften your loss.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2010, 01:43:13 PM »

No-more-pain vibes to DR TCB!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2010, 01:43:36 PM »

I am doing laundry.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2010, 01:56:36 PM »

Must take care of a few other things.

TTFN.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2010, 02:30:13 PM »

Hello, everyone.

I'm the weary and bleary one today. My next-door neighbors had a guest(s?) over last night. Noise. The people across from me in the next building had a party. More noise. I don't go to sleep particularly early, but I would like it quiet after midnight. It didn't quiet down until 1 am. The noise is really a problem for me, even when I'm not trying to work. I simply don't like it. How does one know if an apartment will be quiet? This one was very quiet when I viewed it. sigh.

I'll ask the Oaf Above Me if he relatives in LA.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2010, 02:35:25 PM »

I've made all the CDRs and organized the music - people start picking them up a little later today.  I've written the blurb and sent the audio samples.  I've approved the two clip reels for JMK's event.  Not exactly an idle Saturday.

FJL

« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2010, 03:03:31 PM »

Painless vibes to TCB.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2010, 03:15:07 PM »

Last night was a very uncomfortable night, pain-wise.  I actually ended up taking a third pill last night.  After that, I slept very well, but with very strange and elaborate dreams.

DR TCB, I am sorry not to wish you good vibes to a pain-free night ages ago. I got sidetracked by Little Mikey's return to juvenilia. Here are some vibes for you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 03:21:05 PM by elmore3003 »

Cillaliz

« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2010, 03:26:10 PM »

I've been spending lots of time in the guest room and I have to say it's really a soothing room.  Mostly because of the nice view and the warm sunshine (east and south exposures).   I've decided that as few guests as I have, and the fact that when I do, they usually only spend one night, I'm going to do a major change.   I'm going to get rid of the bed (the mattress is almost brand new - hopefully I can find someone who wants it) tear out the carpet, take off the wall paper, paint, get an area rug and a sleeper sofa, put my stereo and my old recliner in there and make it a music room/den. No TV.  It's the warmest room in the house.  The woodwork is pink, so that's going to have to be painted and none of it can be done until the cat is healed and I can let him out of there, but I really think I'm going to like it.   I won't have a "real" guest room, but I will have a sleeper sofa in there. That should be good enough

OK, so what are you going to do tomorrow?   ;D

LOL, this will be a slow project.  Depending on the diagnosis and recovery time, Ricky could be living in that room for several weeks.  I go sit in there for about an hour at a time now, reading or working on stuff for the office or playing on the computer.  I'll have plenty of time to plan this.  It just hadn't really occurred to me that I'm wasting a perfectly good room on the chance that someone will want to come and sleep in there.  It's been 4 years and although I've had a number of guests, most don't stay for extended periods of time.  They can use a hidea a bed or a futon
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 03:29:44 PM by Cillaliz »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2010, 03:27:22 PM »

Get me off this damn page.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2010, 03:27:41 PM »

I've been spending lots of time in the guest room and I have to say it's really a soothing room.  Mostly because of the nice view and the warm sunshine (east and south exposures).   I've decided that as few guests as I have, and the fact that when I do, they usually only spend one night, I'm going to do a major change.   I'm going to get rid of the bed (the mattress is almost brand new - hopefully I can find someone who wants it) tear out the carpet, take off the wall paper, paint, get an area rug and a sleeper sofa, put my stereo and my old recliner in there and make it a music room/den. No TV.  It's the warmest room in the house.  The woodwork is pink, so that's going to have to be painted and none of it can be done until the cat is healed and I can let him out of there, but I really think I'm going to like it.   I won't have a "real" guest room, but I will have a sleeper sofa in there. That should be good enough

LOL, this will be a slow project.  Depending on the diagnosis and recovery time, Ricky could be living in that room for several weeks.  I go sit in there for about an hour at a time now, reading or working on stuff for the office or playing on the computer.  I'll have plenty of time to play this.  It just hasn't really occurred to me that I'm wasting a perfectly good room on the chance that someone will want to come and sleep in there.  It's been 4 years and although I've had a number of guests, most don't stay for extended periods of time.  They can use a hidea a bed or a futon

Or....................?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2010, 03:28:12 PM »

Get me off this damn page.

Well, I will try.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2010, 03:29:40 PM »

Thank you all for the pain-free vibes!  elmore, when is your next dentist appointment?
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2010, 03:30:32 PM »

Larry - Emily Litella could have had a field day with "What's all this talk of people getting sidetracked by Mikey's return to juvenilia?"

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2010, 03:31:10 PM »

elmore, when is your next dentist appointment?

I think it was the talk of handcuffs that made me think of that.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2010, 03:31:42 PM »

LOL, this will be a slow project.  Depending on the diagnosis and recovery time, Ricky could be living in that room for several weeks.  I go sit in there for about an hour at a time now, reading or working on stuff for the office or playing on the computer.  I'll have plenty of time to play this.  It just hasn't really occurred to me that I'm wasting a perfectly good room on the chance that someone will want to come and sleep in there.  It's been 4 years and although I've had a number of guests, most don't stay for extended periods of time.  They can use a hidea a bed or a futon

Or....................?

TCB I'm speaking of the guests who would have stayed in the guest room..., lol

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2010, 03:31:50 PM »

Never mind!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2010, 03:32:49 PM »

Or....................?

TCB I'm speaking of the guests who would have stayed in the guest room..., lol

Oh, I suppose there could be some of those.
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2010, 03:33:57 PM »

New York Times arts blog on the passing of Barbara Billingsley at age 94:

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/10/16/barbara-billingsley-who-played-june-cleaver-and-later-spoke-jive-is-dead/

includes the story behind the famous pearls and high heels with which she became so identified as the perfect mom
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 04:22:18 PM by FJL »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2010, 03:35:07 PM »

Thank you all for the pain-free vibes!  elmore, when is your next dentist appointment?

Speaking of pain? It's a week from next, after the recordings.

Cillaliz

« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2010, 03:37:26 PM »

We are really still on page 3?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2010, 03:37:28 PM »

A woman who I have been friends with for probably forty years, sent me an e-mail pleading to let her move in with me until she gets her IRS refund in April.  I felt terrible, but I had to say "no."
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up