Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: SPILLING THE BEANS  (Read 8457 times)

MBarnum

Re: SPILLING THE BEANS
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2010, 08:05:09 AM »

Ben Chapman - Tahitian Dancer & Creature......he was 6'5" tall

I waited at a Taxi stand with him once, at The Beverly Garland Hotel. Very nice guy.

MBarnum

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2010, 08:06:02 AM »

I know nothing about cleaning. Just ask anyone who ever visted my house.

MBarnum

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2010, 08:08:08 AM »

BK, I do hope you release the film as a DVD also. I have yet to upgrade to a Blue and Ray player, and probably won't be doing so for several years. So far there have been no Blue and Ray releases that I wanted, or rather that I needed.

When in Tacoma to see THE BRAIN FROM PLANET X, David Wechter told me about this short film and I am eager to see it.

MBarnum

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2010, 08:08:29 AM »

As for the TOD: I will have to think on it.

MBarnum

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2010, 08:10:54 AM »

Yes very sad about Mr. Sheffield. My friend and interviewee Anne Kimbell went to school with Johnny. They later starred together in BOMBA AND THE GOLDEN IDOL, which is one of my favorite Bomba films.

Laura

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2010, 08:24:31 AM »

I have a new tiny visitor in my yard this morning.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2010, 08:33:32 AM »

Lovely DR LAURA
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Laura

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2010, 08:54:31 AM »

I found four more after some careful searching.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2010, 09:18:21 AM »

There has been a mid sized calico cat sitting in the sun in our backyard at couple of mornings.  Always in the sun.  It is NOT malnourished and looks well cared for....though no collar.

I offered it some food, but it ran away.....so it must just be visiting.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2010, 09:27:13 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - it rained a bit through the night, but the sun is trying to make an appearance now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2010, 09:28:51 AM »

The thinking now, as I said in the notes, is that this will be a Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack, which means it will contain one blu-ray and one DVD.  And there will be nothing on the blu-ray that requires a player with any updates - no BD-live or latest technology, just the two short films and extras.

Cillaliz

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2010, 09:38:22 AM »

I know nothing about cleaning. Just ask anyone who ever visted my house.

That's what people usually say about my house, lol. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2010, 09:41:21 AM »

Well, I've had a busy morning.  Took Little Ricky to the vet (thanks for the vibes). The vet thinks it's getting better (yeah!)  but I still left him for his lime sulfur dip.  I'm sure he's had it by now and I warned them he does not like baths of any shape or kind.  I pity the vet tech who had to do that one.  So they have to leave it on and it dries on him which can take all day.   I'll pick him up after work and take him home.  I'm not going to the meetings I was scheduled to go to tonight. I'll stay home with the kits.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 09:51:05 AM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2010, 09:45:15 AM »

I had an open morning at the office  (lots to do, but no appointments or court) so I went home after I dropped Ricky off and cleaned his room.   I vacuumed and vacuumed, cleaned everything I could with Clorox Clean-up spray (the one with bleach) washed the bedspread and comforter and stripped the bed, sprayed the mattress with lysol and remade the bed.  After all that was done and the windows open airing out the room I invited Callie and Boo in.   I didn't let them use his freshly cleaned litter box or eat out of his freshly cleaned food dish, but they sniffed and sniffed.  This is their favorite room too.  It was funny Boo was cautiously looking behind a box and I said "Boo!"  she jumped about 4 feet.

Cillaliz

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2010, 09:46:11 AM »

I know I can't make it a perfectly clean environment. But if I didn't do this much and Callie and Boo get it, I'd feel terribly guilty for not cleaning.  Now I'll just feel like it was inevitible and I'll still have a clean house.   One room a day.   Three down....10 to go!

Cillaliz

« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2010, 09:46:49 AM »

There has been a mid sized calico cat sitting in the sun in our backyard at couple of mornings.  Always in the sun.  It is NOT malnourished and looks well cared for....though no collar.

I offered it some food, but it ran away.....so it must just be visiting.

Cats do love the sunshine

Cillaliz

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2010, 09:49:19 AM »

TOD - I do love Bambi Meets Godzilla. lol
I judge a short film festival every spring.  There are so many good ones that are made by locals or grad students.  I don't know that I really have a favorite.   What was the animated short with the bicycle guy..it was French I think..  The Triplets of Belleville maybe?  I liked that one a lot

Cillaliz

« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2010, 09:50:28 AM »

Wonderful that you're finding Monarch caterpillars, Laura. And great photo

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2010, 10:01:14 AM »

Jennifer

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2010, 10:02:42 AM »

Vibes for DR Vixmom and Mrs. Vixmom. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2010, 10:09:57 AM »

Continuing vibes for Vixmom and Family~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ben

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2010, 11:42:08 AM »

Tom Bosley

has passed away

Ginny

« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2010, 11:54:39 AM »

Sorry to hear about Tom Bosley.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2010, 12:01:19 PM »

Woo and hoo!  For my at-home day I'm wearing a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to get into for I can't remember how long.  So there is some benefit to this diet and exercise routine!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2010, 12:02:12 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2010, 12:04:38 PM »

Topic of the Day:  The Mysterious Explorations of Jasper Morello.  I love this one.

Nominated for an Oscar and for a BAFTA award, Jasper Morello is a short feature made in a unique style of silhouette animation developed by director Anthony Lucas and inspired by the work of authors Edgar Alan Poe and Jules Verne. In the frontier city of Carpathia, Jasper Morello discovers that his former adversary Doctor Claude Belgon has returned from the grave. When Claude reveals that he knows the location of the ancient city of Alto Mea where the secrets of life have been discovered, Jasper cannot resist the temptation to bring his own dead wife Amelia back. But they are captured by Armand Forgette, leader of the radical Horizontalist anti-technology movement, who is determined to reanimate his terrorist father Vasco. As lightning energises the arcane machineries of life in the floating castle of Alto Mea, Jasper must choose between having his beloved restored or seeing the government of Gothia destroyed. Set in a world of iron dirigibles and steam powered computers, this gothic horror mystery tells the story of Jasper Morello, a disgraced aerial navigator who flees his Plague-ridden home on a desperate voyage to redeem himself.

Also winner of the Grand Prix award at the Annecy Animation Festival, Jasper has also won the top honours at the Canadian Film Centre's Worldwide Short Film Festival, Best Animation at Flickerfest 2005, Best Animation at the Sydney Film Festival Dendy awards and Best Animation at Toronto worldwide shorts.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2010, 12:13:19 PM »

Yes very sad about Mr. Sheffield. My friend and interviewee Anne Kimbell went to school with Johnny. They later starred together in BOMBA AND THE GOLDEN IDOL, which is one of my favorite Bomba films.

Wasn't he "Boy" in the Tarzan movies, too?
You can dream…or you can do.

Michael

« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2010, 12:17:08 PM »

Like to add to short films

The Red Balloon
Fatty and Skinny

I remember seeing this on a program that CBS ran on Sundays that showed films like these from around the world.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2010, 12:23:19 PM »

Part 1 of 8 of an interview Tom Bosley gave for the television academy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE3zKK5qU4M
Never stop dreaming.

Laura

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2010, 12:28:03 PM »

My two favorite short films are "The Cherpumple" starring Charles Phoenix and "She Took My Kitten" starring DR Sandra.

It seems I have a short attention span.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up