Archives > Archive 1

MOTHER'S DAY

(1/34) > >>

bk:
Well, you've read the notes, you've mothered the notes, the notes have mothered you and now you are ready to have a Mother's Day posting frenzy.  To it, I say.

Panni:
I'm off to bed with a script. (Romantic.) Have three more to read for judging.
Unless my doggie serves me Mother's Day breakfast in bed, it ain't gonna happen. Who knows? Maybe he'll make me a kibble scramble.

Tomovoz:
I have just returned from a ceremony where a number of our immigrants officially became Australian citizens. Once recipient of citizenship was Colin's Brother-in-law Sean, who emigrated with his family from Wales over 30 years ago. It was interesting to see that there were few people of European descent amonst the 2000 new Australians citizens - this a truly multi-cultural society.
Included in the ceremony were that song embraced by Australians as an unofficial anthem - "I Still Call Australia Home"(Written of course by a second rate successful composer) and Bruce Woodley's (of the Seekers) marvellous "I Am Australian".They were so warmly received by the participants in the ceremony and their guests - people find these songs to be far more emotive than our National Anthem. They are songs that touch the heart - what more success could a songwriter wish?

Tomovoz:
It is 103 years today since the first Australian Parliament sat and today's ceremony was held in the same building.
The ceremony also included a tribute to Mothers.
Happy Mother's Day to all those DRs who are Moms (Mums). - Another one of the 366 days this year that I miss my own Mother.

Jrand73:

Yes it is the Mother of all Days...Mother's Day.  ;D

Did any other DR's imagine that one celebrity or another was his/her long lost mother when you were growing up?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version