Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MOTHER'S DAY  (Read 84839 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:MOTHER'S DAY
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2004, 02:45:33 PM »

Elmore - Yes it's that MATTRESS production.  The type in the ads is so small I didn't notice but the program spells it correctly.  I thought MATTRESS was controlled by MTI (it was originally), but the program credits R&H.  When did they take over the rights?

Good question, I don't know.  But I'm sure I know someone at R&H who can tell me.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2004, 02:47:12 PM »

[/move] :) ;) :D ;D :) ;) :D ;D :) ;) :D ;D :-* :) ;) :D ;D :) ;) :D ;D[/move]

PAGE 4!!!!

I know I'll scrtew it up!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2004, 02:47:37 PM »

Yep!

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2004, 02:54:12 PM »

I think chat is on Monday, Larry.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2004, 02:56:26 PM »

I think chat is on Monday, Larry.

AAAAAHHHHH!!! I may be E&T again!!!! No! No!

I can't dance, don't ask me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2004, 02:57:51 PM »

I can't do the dance!  I can't spell "Screw!" My life is a mess!

Another Mother song:  A Mother Doesn't Matter Any More (tv BYE BYE BIRDIE)

Tomovoz

« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2004, 03:13:42 PM »

DR Elmore, I dont even try with the smiley dance things!
I guess John Lennon's "Mother" would be inappropriate for Mother's Day. Great song.
There is alwasy the B J Thomas song "Mama". Of course those of us old enough will remember "Mama Look A Boo Boo" (Belafonte). - back when lyrics had meaning.,and of course the amazing Randy Newman's "Mama Told Me Not To Come" (Three Dog Night).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2004, 03:22:16 PM »

I spent a wonderful afternoon enjoying two beautiful plays made into excellent films - SLEUTH and TORCH SONG TRILOGY.

Even though the SLEUTH DVD that I have was an early DVD and not anamorphic, it looks much better than I expected it to look. I wish that quirky John Addison score could have been piped through all the channels.

And TORCH SONG looks beautiful and has a DTS soundtrack which really amazed me.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jennifer

« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2004, 03:40:06 PM »

DRelmore, if you screw something up on the first try, just go back to your post and hit "modify" and try again!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2004, 03:45:41 PM by Jennifer »

Jennifer

« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2004, 03:44:23 PM »

Earlier I had typed out what I was planning to do for Mother's day.  But somehow (and suprisingly for the first time ever) I accidently hit "reset form" instead of "post". ANd I didn't have time to retype.

So here is what I did:

My sis, her hubby, and I had pancake breakfast with my mom.  Then we went with my dad (and without my brother-in-law) to see The Shape Of things.  Then my mom and I had a BBQ and will watch Survivor.

The Shape of Things was good, but I didn't love it.  My sister had seen the movie, so she knew of the "twist".   I think DR Maya had a question about the play which she may ask.

Me, I cannot wait to watch Survivor tonight.  Very excited about that.  My fav is Rob Mariano, although I would be shocked if he won.  I do want him to get to the final two though.

I am also still wondering what this reunion show twist could be.

Anyhow I'm off, hope everyone had a great day.

Robin

« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2004, 04:12:06 PM »

Well, I was left parentless at the tender age of 18, so Mother's Day became pretty much meaningless to me for over two decades.  

Luckily, Michael's Mom is one of the kindest, gentlest and most understanding women that has ever walked the earth, and she has for all intents and purposes, adopted me and welcomed me into the family.  Not a day goes by that I fail to feel grateful to this wonderful ol' girl.  

So the day has meaning for me once again.  

We have just returned, through a hailstorm, no less, after taking her out for din-din at her favorite restaurant, The Olive Garden.  

Tonight, Michael and I are going to watch Queer as Folk and one of the deeveedees we bought quite a while ago, but have never bothered to watch.  It's called Sorry, Wrong Number.  Michael says it's darn close to being a Hitchcock film...I, however, have never seen this movie.  

But it has Burt Lancaster in it.  Which is always a good thing, as far as I'm concerned.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2004, 04:13:04 PM by Robin »
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2004, 04:19:17 PM »

As mentioned in yesterday's notes and today's posts, chat is tomorrow.

They will feel the wrath of kahn and the fury of herman.  I tell you, it will be frightening around here tomorrow.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2004, 04:38:12 PM »

And there's always the following ode to motherhood, from South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut...

Well.......
Kyle's mom's a bitch, she's a big fat bitch
She's the biggest bitch in the whole wide world
She's a stupid bitch if there ever was a bitch
She's a bitch to all the boys and girls

On Mondays she's a bitch, on Tuesdays she's a bitch
On Wednesdays and Saturdays she's a bitch
Then on Sunday just to be different
She's a super King Kamehameha bee-utch

Have you ever met my friend Kyle's mom
She's the biggest bitch in the whole wide world
She's a mean old bitch and she has stupid hair
She's a big big big big big big bitch

Bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch
She's a stupid bitch
Kyle's mom's a bitch and she's such a dirty bitch
I really mean it
Kyle's mom, she's a big fat f***ing bitch
Big old fat f***ing bitch Kyle's mom
Yeah!

(Obviously in reference to the mothers at other sites, not here.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2004, 04:45:59 PM »

We had a very nice walk, in the time I was away.  Der Brucer and I took Marty, Mikey, Bonnie and Buster for a walk along a different part of the state park trail, from around the outlet malls to a stretch between a new bunch of condos and the local shantytown.  (It was easy to tell which was on which side of the trail, because on the shantytown side of the trail was a chain link fence, and on the condo side of the trail was a ten-foot high cinderblock wall.  So neighborly, don't you think?)

We decided, at the end of the trail, to cut around to the highway, which was much shorter.  Good think, since Marty and Mikey were beginning to get tuckered out.  We stopped at a car wash, where der B got a bottle of iced tea and a cup.  They all had a good slurp of iced tea, and were ready to head back to the car.  (Yup, the dogs all like iced tea.  They also like ginger ale and root beer.  Go figure.)

Home again, and I've got dinner to fix soon.  Chicken breasts, marinated in Dijon.  I think some lightly sauteed baby spinach on the side, and hows about some hush puppies!  I haven't made hush puppies before, but der Brucer found me a recipe.  The only thing I'm going to have to do differently is use regular milk instead of buttermilk.  Say la vie.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2004, 04:54:43 PM »

This makes my nineteenth or twentieth post today.

No wonder I can't read any damn books, I'm too busy posting on slack days covering for everyone else!

Damn them all to Bakersfield!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2004, 05:05:18 PM »

Sorry Wrong Number is a bit overwrought for me - and Barbara Stanwyck's most irritating mannerism is on display in full force - but it is fun to watch.

The wrath of Herman?  Herman Munster?  Herman Cohen? Hermie the Robot?  All of them foes to  be reckoned with, I am sure.

VERY warm for May here, but so far we are being spared the storms.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Tomovoz

« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2004, 05:12:39 PM »

I assumed Jerry Herman's wrath.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2004, 05:14:22 PM »

I'm telling you they will feel the ire of meyer, and cherries of fire.  Cherries of Fire, wasn't that an Academy Award-winning film?

I think I would have preferred Cherries of Fire.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2004, 05:21:20 PM »

Do you realize that if all the posters currently perusing the board each posted 100 posts between now and midnight we'd break a new record.  

Today I watched a movie I'd TIVOd entitled Mr. Buddwing.  About a victim of amnesia, starring Mr. James Garner as... as... wait, I think I have amnesia.  Most of the dialogue is taken straight from Mr. Evan Hunter's book, Mr. Buddwing, but the entire point of the book is diluted and watered down by a "happy" ending - very unsatisfying.  But great shots of NY in 1965, including the theater district, with marquees for The Odd Couple, Half a Sixpence and Luv clearly visible.  

Here is an interesting coinkydink:  If one goes into my book room and peruses the fiction books (alphabetical by author) and goes to "H" you will find next to each other The Americanization of Emily by William Bradford Huie and Buddwing by Mr. Evan Hunter.  What is fascinating and strange is that both books were turned into MGM films and both films starred Mr. James Garner.  Believe It or Not.

Tomovoz

« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2004, 05:24:10 PM »

As Dame Edna would say, "Spooky" BK.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2004, 05:24:58 PM »

It's Tom Tom time!
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2004, 05:26:22 PM »

DR MattH,

I arrived in New York the night BfO opened, and treated myself to an opening night ticket. And here's a direct quote from the important-looking guy at the next urinal during intermission: "I've handled Preston and Newley, and Jackman is bigger than both of them."

Forgive me, DR Dan-in-Toronto, apparently it is my role here at HHW, but I haven't stopped laughing since I read that quote.
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2004, 05:28:38 PM »

All I did was beat out that rhythm on a drum and BK returned.  Maybe Beekay will return this eveing (probably tomorrow morning) for his comment on "The Producers".

I listened to the Cd of "Urinetown" last night. Amazing the difference when you have singers and not just actors who do not have great voices as was the case for the Melbourne Production. It sounds like a different show.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2004, 05:32:25 PM »

Mr Jackman's wife smiles a lot.
Good to see yet another Australian actor doing well in "Troy" after his international debut (I think) in LOTR - ROTK.
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2004, 05:35:04 PM »

My favorite Menotti is The Old Maid and the Thief.

My favorite Menotti is The Randy Vicar and The Night Visitors.

“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2004, 05:47:33 PM »

All packed!  It  I didn't think everything would fit but as my Dad used to say, "Where there's a Will, there's a William."
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2004, 05:54:08 PM »

All packed!  It  I didn't think everything would fit but as my Dad used to say, "Where there's a Will, there's a William."

Danise, I am so exited for you, as you prepare for the first of your two trips.  I would love to see Michael Ball in concert.  What day do you fly out?

“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2004, 05:59:35 PM »

Thursday!  Just 3 short days from now.  I wish you could come see MB too!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Tomovoz

« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2004, 06:06:27 PM »

I am sure you will not be in anyway disappointed Danise. Michael's concerts here have been very well received. It should be a terrific night. Despite the fact that he has become a little more "Las Vegas" in the last few years - his voice still certainly has that ability to "move" the listener.
James Thurber 1957

Danise

« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2004, 06:14:47 PM »

I have a running joke with one of the guys at work.  He can't believe I'm going all the way to Utah to see MB and that I'm going to the concert twice.

"But it's going to be the SAME show!"  He says.

"And your POINT?" I reply.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up