Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: KRITZERLAND AT THE GARDENIA 3  (Read 12598 times)

Cillaliz

Re: KRITZERLAND AT THE GARDENIA 3
« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2010, 06:50:57 PM »

Ginny

« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2010, 06:51:08 PM »

Speaking of teeny tiny print, has anyone been on Facebook lately?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2010, 06:52:46 PM »

Loved the kitties video.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2010, 06:53:08 PM »

Didn't get that new font, either.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2010, 06:54:26 PM »

So, I may have to get the London version of the second volume of Sondheim's lyrics. Can't afford two at the moment.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2010, 07:02:26 PM »

Yes, and you're not the only one to mention it.  I just go to the bottom right of my screen and increase the zoom from 100 to 125%.  I can read it just fine then

Ginny

« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2010, 07:05:51 PM »

Yeah, DR Cillaliz, I use the print zoom feature on Safari, but it annoys me to have to do that.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #127 on: November 03, 2010, 07:07:06 PM »

Another early wake-up call for me tomorrow - I'm having coffee with my friend Becky. Haven't seen her for more than an year and a half, so - 'night!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #128 on: November 03, 2010, 07:09:21 PM »

???

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #129 on: November 03, 2010, 07:12:10 PM »

I've been reading comments about the new Sondheim book, most favorable except for one thing - the thing I pointed out instantly - the teeny-tiny type and the sort of grayish font color.  I find it a chore to read and it makes my eyes VERY tired. 

But I found out there's a UK edition of the book - different and, in my opinion, better cover, and apparently the font color is black and much easier to read, and supposedly it's on better paper.  I've ordered a copy.

Yes, the UK cover is much better:

vs.

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2010, 07:20:21 PM »

I ordered "Finishing the Hat" and "Evening Primrose" on Monday.  I don't know why I waited so long...but I did.  Anyway, they should get here by Friday. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #131 on: November 03, 2010, 07:20:36 PM »

And now, to home.

Until later.

Jennifer

« Reply #132 on: November 03, 2010, 07:34:43 PM »

???

If you click on "home" at the top all the postings have smaller typeset now.

Cillaliz

« Reply #133 on: November 03, 2010, 07:34:50 PM »

Jane

« Reply #134 on: November 03, 2010, 07:37:30 PM »

???

If you click on "home" at the top all the postings have smaller typeset now.

The face was that I had noticed, wondered why while unhappy about it. :)

Jane

« Reply #135 on: November 03, 2010, 07:44:05 PM »

Craig has declined my offer.  The thought of flying at the moment doesn't appeal to me so I am a bit relieved.  Either my broken glasses are making me slightly ill or I'm beginning to suffer side effects from the meds.  I hope it is due to the glasses.

Jane

« Reply #136 on: November 03, 2010, 07:45:36 PM »

I forgot to mention Craig has friends to help him with the moving & loading part of the trip.  At night he will have to take his stuff from the car, along with the pets, and move them into the hotel room.  Moving with a cat can be more of a pain than the dog.  The dog likes the car and traveling while the cat hates it. 

John G.

« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2010, 07:55:03 PM »

Couldn't make it through "Straw Dogs." The violence was beginning to affect me. So, it's time for a Charlie Chan movie called "Dangerous Money." I hope it's mindless.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #138 on: November 03, 2010, 08:16:43 PM »

I forgot to mention Craig has friends to help him with the moving & loading part of the trip.  At night he will have to take his stuff from the car, along with the pets, and move them into the hotel room.  Moving with a cat can be more of a pain than the dog.  The dog likes the car and traveling while the cat hates it. 

I had a mild sedative for my cat when I moved from Arizona.  It worked well. He slept all day and at night he ran around the motel room and was fine

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #139 on: November 03, 2010, 08:23:34 PM »

Opticals: Any footage that involves duping original footage, i.e. dissolves, fades, main titles, special effects.  Once you dupe original footage you are then generations away and introducing new grain on top of what was already there - depending on the competency of those doing the opticals and the stock used, they can look okay (at best), or really bad.

Much better said than I could in my exhausted state!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #140 on: November 03, 2010, 08:26:18 PM »

Thanks for all the travel vibes which worked splendidly! We got in and dropped our stuff @ 2, then taxi to the Empire State Building, another to Rockefeller Center and then walked to John's Pizzeria and then over to Pee Wee. I'm trying not to make mom walk too much, she thought she would be up for it but she really isn't, so I think the Gray Line tour will actually be a good thing, and cheaper than the cabs!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #141 on: November 03, 2010, 08:28:17 PM »

Pee Wee was GREAT but the theatre was FREEZING! It must have been 50 degrees in there, seriously. It was like the A/C was blowing on high the entire time; everyone complained about it!

I almost brought warmer clothes, but when I do, then I never use them. I wish I had at least brought one warm sweater. Oh well, I've got friends to keep me warm!

Edisaurus

« Reply #142 on: November 03, 2010, 08:29:44 PM »

Great! Now that I know what "DNR" and "opticals" are, I, too, can become an online DVD reviewer!

;D

In my world, DNR=Department of Natural Resources. I've done many nature films for them!

Edisaurus

« Reply #143 on: November 03, 2010, 08:34:23 PM »

How did Little Ricky get his name? Did he come pre-named?

His name at the shelter was Bailey.  I was in the habit of saying "Hey Ricky!" to the cats.  I have no idea where I got it...I actually think it was "Hey Ricky you're so fine..." that started it.  So it was only natural to call him Ricky.  The Little just seemed right.

When I adopted Bailey, his shelter name was Baxter. Baxter the kitty had a brother named Bailey. Since Greg also had family members near there named Bailey, we adopted his brother's name. (Who probably changed Bailey's name to something else, too!) We have a friend named Baxter, so we thought it would be less confusing. And Bailey seems to fit him perfectly, somehow!

Edisaurus

« Reply #144 on: November 03, 2010, 08:35:46 PM »

I have 5 tickets for Jews and Baseball at 6:30pm on Friday, November 5th at the loverly Quad Theatre on 13th St. between 5th and 6th Avenues.

Two for A and Me

Two for Miss Amelet

One for Mr. Larry

Thank you so much Ben!! Mom (and Naz) are looking forward to meeting everyone!

Cillaliz

« Reply #145 on: November 03, 2010, 08:40:40 PM »

Sounds like such a fun time....really wish I could be there...Vibes for a sell out to Jews and Baseball

John G.

« Reply #146 on: November 03, 2010, 08:41:51 PM »

I had a mild sedative for my cat when I moved from Arizona.  It worked well. He slept all day and at night he ran around the motel room and was fine
When I moved from Middletown, Ohio, to upstate New York, I got a kitty sedative for Benjamin Stone. It didn't work. He crawled out of his box and decided the best place for him in the rental truck was under the clutch. I drove through the night on a one-lane highway through Pennsylvania. The other lane had been removed. It rained and visibility was next to nothing. And the cat kept getting mad whenever I had to shift gears.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #147 on: November 03, 2010, 08:42:19 PM »

Sounds like such a fun time....really wish I could be there...Vibes for a sell out to Jews and Baseball
Sounds great. And more vibes for the showing.
― Voltaire

Edisaurus

« Reply #148 on: November 03, 2010, 08:48:14 PM »

Thanks, Cilla and John! Wish you could be here, too! (Well, not here here...there's only room for one to sleep on this little couch!)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #149 on: November 03, 2010, 08:58:26 PM »

Welcome Back To NYC, DR edisaurus!

-What are you doing tomorrow?
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up