Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: TIME AFTER TIME  (Read 14452 times)

Cillaliz

Re: TIME AFTER TIME
« Reply #150 on: November 07, 2010, 07:00:43 PM »

Don't tell me any more....can't wait to read it

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: November 07, 2010, 07:00:57 PM »

And this is Page 6!!!

Jennifer

« Reply #152 on: November 07, 2010, 07:14:12 PM »

I don't want to listen to Obama again, I want to watch TAR

I'm so glad that we don't have football on CTV to interfere with TAR. That would drive me crazy. I like to watch at 8pm.

Oddly, I was just checking out the TAR facebook page and people on it were fuming that the results were being discussed at 9pm (when it ended here and was supposed to end in the US).

I do get why people would be mad to be spoiled. Or why they might be mad that Canada gets to watch it and CBS is always being delayed by football. But if you know that the show is airing in places and ending at 9pm why would you read the page if you don't want to get spoied??

Cillaliz

« Reply #153 on: November 07, 2010, 07:14:21 PM »

TAR - I'm ok with the team that went home

Cillaliz

« Reply #154 on: November 07, 2010, 07:15:24 PM »

I don't want to listen to Obama again, I want to watch TAR

I'm so glad that we don't have football on CTV to interfere with TAR. That would drive me crazy. I like to watch at 8pm.

Oddly, I was just checking out the TAR facebook page and people on it were fuming that the results were being discussed at 9pm (when it ended here and was supposed to end in the US).

I do get why people would be mad to be spoiled. Or why they might be mad that Canada gets to watch it and CBS is always being delayed by football. But if you know that the show is airing in places and ending at 9pm why would you read the page if you don't want to get spoied??

I've always wondered that too.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: November 07, 2010, 07:56:45 PM »

The original Swedish film, Let Me In, is fantastic - haven't seen the recently released US version and don't really have any need to, since the original is so great. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: November 07, 2010, 07:57:42 PM »

Back from Amoeba - I had three boxes of trade stuff and hit the jackpot with six hundred bucks in credit.  I got one Blu and Ray and quite a few import CDs (Brubeck mostly), and still have over three hundred bucks in credit left.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #157 on: November 07, 2010, 09:24:32 PM »

Good morning.

I slept well enough, but was plagued by a seemingly continuous dream about the changing landscape of Pittsburgh.
I was working with catering folk from Carnegie Mellon in downtown Pittsburgh where there were Christmas Gift Buses being set up on the main streets downtown.  Double-decker buses decorated it red, green and gold, where people were boarding to get their gifts wrapped.
I had to leave downtown as my shift was over, but, I realized I did not have my car with me, so I took public transportation, which was a roller coaster around the suburbs of Pittsburgh.  There was also a tour guide aboard who was pointing out the sites along the way as well as the neighborhoods.  We went through a triple tunnel carved out of a mountain and crossed a river where we told we all had to disembark and travel the rest of our routes on foot.  I thought it very odd that I would have to walk twenty some miles to get home even though it was a bright sunshiny day.
From the point of the three rivers, I decided I would go a little piece up the Allegheny, where I would be able to get a ride from someone who worked at one of the restaurants I had worked at: Red Fin Blues.
To get to the restaurant, I had to make a leap off of a cliff-face into which a video store had been "carved."  The leap was astonishing smooth, as I landed on the flat metal awning of the video store, which had plastic sheets covering its windows.
I walked a couple of blocks to the open-air restaurant, sat down and was served by the naked owner:  well, the only nakedness I saw was his back, his legs and his torso - no face, no full-frontal, but, nude and serving several tables.  He served me a deep-fried key chain, with one key still intact.
I took the key with me, hugged the owner, thanking him and began the long trek home.

Have at that, dear readers!

A very strange dream indeed, td.  I like the deep-fried key chain.  Be careful where you post this dream.  If Tim Burton sees it, it could be his next film.

I wonder if George has a deep-fried keychain in his collection?

I'm still looking for a good one to send to him...maybe I should deep fry one, lol

I'm not picky. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: November 07, 2010, 09:25:37 PM »

Finished with my viewing.  I may write the notes early and get them posted so I can get to bed early.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #159 on: November 07, 2010, 09:52:13 PM »

Good Evening!

I decided to go ahead and head down to the finish line area of the ING New York City Marathon just to watch all the runners reuniting with their family and friends. -When my brother ran the marathon two years ago, I really found all the the "reunions" quite inspiring and moving.  Today was no different.

*And as an added bonus... I happened to notice this one guy kneeling down behind one of the walls along Central Park West holding a video camera.  He was filming a couple who was sitting on one of the rocks just inside the Park.  And I noticed a woman also "hiding" next to him talking to someone on her cellphone. Sure enough, a few minutes later, the man on the rock pulled a ring out of his jacket, and proposed to the woman, who happened to have just finished running the marathon.  So, not only had only did she garner a finisher's medal, but she also scored and engagement ring today too! -And she did say, "Yes!".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #160 on: November 07, 2010, 09:53:04 PM »

*And that just happened to be the third public wedding proposal I've witnessed this year!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #161 on: November 07, 2010, 09:58:03 PM »

*Actually, I woke up at 8:30 - just in time to hear "The Puzzler" segment on NPR's "Weekend Edition", and then I proceeded to listen to the rest of the Sunday line-up on WNYC...

DR Jose - did you hear the Morning Edition segment about Arena Stage?

DR Ginny - Yes, I did! *And I was also very happy to read that the reviews for their opening production of Oklahoma! have been stellar!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #162 on: November 07, 2010, 10:02:13 PM »

Thanks everyone for the opening night vibes for Sunset Blvd  It was a great show, and people seem to love it.  Two more weekends of the show.  I'm very happy with the results, everyone has worked very hard to get us to this place.  I can honestly say that this production beats out my other "dream" show (Aspects of Love) as this production is tighter and a lot more fun.  Aspects was plagued with cast issues, and a much tougher score.  However, if I ever had a chance to do it again, I would in a second.  Time makes us wiser.

Happy Sunday!

Happy Sunday to you too, DR Matthew!

*And I'm sure you put that extra hour last night to good use too. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #163 on: November 07, 2010, 10:06:49 PM »

Went to the sleep clinic last night and wore breathing apparatus for the first time. Not as easy as I thought it would be I still woke up during the night and I was tired when I woke up. I was hoping that it would happen. We will see what will happen when I wear it on a full time basis

???

Will you be using a C-PAP machine?

Was being tired when you woke up in the middle of the night a good thing or a bad thing?

Will you also be buying/using those pillows especially designed for C-PAP users? -They help to keep you from moving around while you sleep, which could end up moving the mask off of your face.  In any case...

I wish you some truly better nights of sleep.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #164 on: November 07, 2010, 10:14:01 PM »

And as for tonight's "The Amazing Race".... Well...

I had set my DVR to record "The Amazing Race" as well as "Undercover Boss" just in case the football games ran over.  Well, the football games did run over.  Way over.  I should have set my DVR to record the program after "Undercover Boss" too.  -I have all but the last five minutes.

*DR Jennifer - The extra delay tonight is most likely the reason for all the complaints on the TAR Facebook page.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 10:24:36 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up