Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: IMPROMPTU  (Read 14855 times)

Cillaliz

Re: IMPROMPTU
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2010, 08:37:45 AM »

Ok, time to get this brief done.  Laters.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2010, 08:38:27 AM »

TOD - At SaraBeth's Kitchen on Central Park South I had one of the best omelets ever - lots of veggies!  That's where we gathered before DR Jose took us on a walking tour of the Park and the UES:

Actually, the first time I went to Sarabeth's - which was back when Sarabeth's only had the one location on the Upper West Side - I had their signature "porridge" - a.k.a. oatmeal.  It was quite yummy.  I remember it being topped with some precisely sliced bananas that ringed the plate and toasted pumpkin seeds.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2010, 08:39:16 AM »

And while we're remembering walking tours....this one took us to the Donut Plant  (is that what it's called)  that's sort of breakfast

Actually, I believe breakfast that morning consisted of candies from Economy Candy, halvah from Russ & Daughters, and various doughnuts from the Doughnut Plants. :)
Oh, I thought all the rest were just appetizers before the breakfast doughnuts

It was a "progressive" breakfast.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2010, 08:43:56 AM »

Jose, there is the neck of the woods, the heart of the forest, Tracy Arm, which is a fjord in Alaska, the riverhead, a dog leg on a golf course....ok maybe that's stretching it...various backbones in mountain ranges ...and I'm sure there are others

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2010, 08:45:17 AM »

TOD:

I cannot remember a specific breakfast that stands out from all others, but the best breakfasts are the ones that are happiest...good company, good will, good food...and no one in a rush to go somewhere or do something else (unless to start planning out lunch).
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2010, 08:46:08 AM »

I, too, loved Sarabeth's.   Breakfast is one of my favorite meals and the meal I'm most likely to eat out.  My favorite "usual" breakfast is 2 eggs over medium, hash browns and wheat toast...and if i"m in the mood crispy bacon.   I don't eat it as often as I used to, but I love it.   I also love really good fried potatoes.   

When I'm thinking about my health it's a vege omelet or oatmeal. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2010, 08:46:46 AM »

And while we're remembering walking tours....this one took us to the Donut Plant  (is that what it's called)  that's sort of breakfast

Actually, I believe breakfast that morning consisted of candies from Economy Candy, halvah from Russ & Daughters, and various doughnuts from the Doughnut Plants. :)
Oh, I thought all the rest were just appetizers before the breakfast doughnuts

It was a "progressive" breakfast.

Which progressed into lunch and then a snack and then...   :D

Cillaliz

« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2010, 08:47:27 AM »

I have had some incredibly scrumptous Belgian Waffles....

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2010, 08:47:46 AM »

TOD (sorta, but not):

One of my favorite breakfast scenes in a movie..."The Big Chill"...everyone in Kevin Kline and Glenn Close's household gets up at different times, fixes something to eat and then takes a pair of running shoes (Kline had put a pair of shoes out for each of his six houseguests).

Jeff Goldblum stumbles in, sees Close sitting at the table on which one pair of shoes remains, and asks, "Are we the first ones up"?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 10:36:40 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2010, 08:47:47 AM »

Ok, seriously, I have to work.  There's no one here to remind me....

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2010, 09:09:31 AM »

FJL, if you "C #", Lydia will "B" there.

Yes, I did have to stretch to come up with that one.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2010, 09:10:39 AM »

I kinda sorta have the day off today, though I should get at least one review done.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2010, 09:11:59 AM »

DR Cillaliz - I am so jealous of you going to the ice show!  Watching those specials on TV, I've always wanted to be in the audience for one.  I even spent some time this morning investigating a trip, but there's no way to fly from SW Ohio to SUX without making 2 stops and spending a boatload of $$$.  Ah, well, maybe there'll be something closer someday...

If you want to come, the best bet is to fly to Omaha and come up from there via car. MUCH cheaper than flying from SUX.  My mother was interested in coming until I told her he is skating to Heart - a rock band from the 80s (Or was it the 70s).  Neither of my parents like rock music at all. So, they then said no without hesitation.  

Well, if it weren't December and if I didn't think it would worry my mother to death, I'd drive to Bloomington/Normal, IL, pick up my niece and we'd drive the rest of the way together.  Mom thinks it's a stretch for me to drive to the grocery.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2010, 09:13:22 AM »

DR Cillaliz - I am so jealous of you going to the ice show!  Watching those specials on TV, I've always wanted to be in the audience for one.  I even spent some time this morning investigating a trip, but there's no way to fly from SW Ohio to SUX without making 2 stops and spending a boatload of $$$.  Ah, well, maybe there'll be something closer someday...

Most major cities should have skating show. I'm not sure how far you are from Cincinnati. But they definitely have skating shows that pass through there.

Yes, DR Jennifer, I've been to many shows in Cincinnati and Dayton, but never to a TV taping.  In fact, I just got the ad for STARS ON ICE in the mail the other day.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2010, 09:14:34 AM »

Whoa!

It's sleeting in parts of NYC.  And parts of Connecticut got SNOW!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2010, 09:19:01 AM »

For TAR fans here.

Apparently this is why there was no speedbump shown last night:

This is to clarify things about Nick & Vicky's Speed Bump Issue...

Nick and Vicki did not have a speed bump due to a production error. The error was they had gotten the music order right sooner than they were given credit for, this was discovered during the pit stop. ...To rectify the error, they were not given a speedbump and all teams started at the circus at the same time. This should have been explained at the start of the show.

I had actually wondered about that. Even in the footage they showed - which may have been edited "after the fact" - I thought that they had selected the correct pieces and placed them in the correct order before they were told so.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2010, 09:30:09 AM »

Please give DRs Jason and Singdaw a hug and kiss for me.

From me too! :)

Jane

« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2010, 09:31:41 AM »

Betsy is already planning a gourmet meal of Boca Burgers, Tofurkey and Soy Bacon.

;D

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2010, 09:31:43 AM »

Please give DRs Jason and Singdaw a hug and kiss for me.

From me too! :)

ME ALSO

Jane

« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2010, 09:34:56 AM »

I still think about the exceptional Halvah from Russ & Daughters.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2010, 09:37:20 AM »

I need to take Sherlock for a walk & make a few stops on the way home before I begin baking, etc for tomorrow.  I could sure use some no snow or ice vibes so my guests can drive up our road & driveway tomorrow.

MBarnum

« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2010, 09:42:34 AM »

I would like to remind all NW HHW-ers (as well as any other adventurous souls) that we're having a dinner party for BK on November 12.  So far, only one RSVP, which seems unseemly.  :) 

I did not know of the dinner party. Please to send my info.

FJL

« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2010, 09:44:14 AM »

Off to New Jersey soon for an E&T aftrenoon.

FJL

« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2010, 09:44:59 AM »

JMK - OK, I think I get it now.  :)

Jennifer

« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2010, 09:45:01 AM »

Most major cities should have skating show. I'm not sure how far you are from Cincinnati. But they definitely have skating shows that pass through there.

No,  he's doing this one just to tape the TV special.  He isn't on tour

I didn't mean him specifically. DR Ginny just said that she wanted to go to an ice skating show. I didn't realize that she meant only one that was a tv taping.

MBarnum

« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2010, 09:46:19 AM »

TOD: part 1.

I have never met an egg dish that I did not love.

MBarnum

« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2010, 09:48:42 AM »

TOD: part 2.

breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, next to lunch and dinner.

I don't recall a favorite breakfast, but the best ones (for me) consist of pancakes, sausage, bacon, hash browns and coffee.

Right now my favorite breakfast place is WORD OF MOUTH on 17th St. They have the most delicious hash made from prime rib! Mmmmmm...mmmm..mmmm.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2010, 10:03:17 AM »

Good deal squared department:  Barnes and Noble is having a 50% off Criterion sale, good on everything.  Plus, if you join ebates.com (free), and enter B&N through their "portal," you get an additional 8% cash back.  Cool beans.

Are you sure that ebates is free, DR JMK?  I once joined something like that after a DeepDiscount order and found that I was being charged 9.99 a month (I had to make a phone call to cancel this membership and get reimbursed.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2010, 10:32:11 AM »

About time to head down to the Loesser office. I've had a profitabe morning doing various tidy-up jobs about the apartment. I'm having a little lunch and heading out.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2010, 10:38:18 AM »

I shall now go listen to mixes, then listen to some master tapes, then pick up packages and hopefully an important envelope, after which I shall return.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up