Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: DOING THE THINGS WE NEED TO DO  (Read 18091 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: DOING THE THINGS WE NEED TO DO
« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2010, 10:44:58 PM »

And then I headed back to Carnegie Hall tonight for a performance by violinist, Robert McDuffie, and The Venice Baroque Orchestra.  The first half of the concert consisted of Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons".  The second half of the NYC Premiere of "The American Four Seasons" by Philip Glass.

In short, it was a great concert.  Not only was the Music wonderful, but it was also great witnessing the rapport between all the players.  Robert McDuffie is touring this "Seasons Project" right now, and it was very easy to see that they've become a very tight-knit group.

And as an added bonus, Philip Glass, himself, was in attendance, and took part in the very well-deserved lengthy standing ovation.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #181 on: November 10, 2010, 10:47:31 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #182 on: November 10, 2010, 10:48:40 PM »

Oy, I've had a needlessly stressful last few hours.  Weeks ago I was madly throwing old files away in a (vain) attempt to get this new house cleaned up.  Yesterday I started having the nagging pit in the stomach feeling that I had thrown away a very important document pertaining to our oil tank decommissioning at the old house.  I spent all of this morning looking for it to no avail.  I knew our realtor had made a copy, so I left a message for him, and I called the Oregon DEQ and left a message for them.  Well, I just looked inside one of the hundreds of closets ( ;) ) in this house and found my file box with the info in it.  Whew.

Whew!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #183 on: November 10, 2010, 10:49:16 PM »

Moué Moué?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #184 on: November 10, 2010, 10:50:50 PM »

DR Elmore - it's possible I may be part of a production of The Most Happy Fella next year and because of house size, we may end up using the two piano arrangement.  What do you know about it?  And/or, what are your feelings about it? 

I love the score, it's one of my favorites.

And speaking of two-piano arrangements - Isn't there one available for Barnum too?

*I also really like the one for I Do! I Do!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #185 on: November 10, 2010, 10:51:31 PM »

I use the Post Office Zip Code search site frequently in my daily work and I've had that same problem. The zip code is correct but for some reason it doesn't appear in the Zip Code database AT THE POST OFFICE. I would think a company knows their zip code

And today - when I brought additional information AND a telephone number - the SAME GIRL was able to use the zip code on the package!

"A hundred million miracles..."
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #186 on: November 10, 2010, 10:54:01 PM »

And just to refresh everyone's memory, here's the itinerary from that HHW Eating and Walking Tour:

Start at Rockefeller Center.
Train down to Lower East Side.
-Economy Candy
-Katz's Delicatessen
-Russ & Daughters
-Kossar's Bialys
<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>
Midtown/Theatre District
Columbus Circle
Upper West Side
-La Cocina

Sadly, La Cocina closed about two years ago.

Didn't we go to Fred and Skip's before La Cocina?

Oh, DUH!  -That's what I get for posting at 5:10 in the morning.  Thank You, DR Cillaliz for "augmenting" my memory.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #187 on: November 10, 2010, 10:55:18 PM »

BTW, the first day's Kaufman was not me, as his first name is different than mine and his last name is spelled incorrectly.  ;)

However, I've met that Kaufman.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #188 on: November 10, 2010, 10:57:39 PM »

I had another emergency afternoon: an email from one of the baritones singing with Rebecca Luker sent me a note saying he had the flu and couldn't sing tomorrow. I called Zak Stains and asked him if he would sing baritone instead of tenor if I couldn't find anyone and Zak agreed. Then I called my friend, also a friend of our DR Jose, Chris Carfizzi,  whose brother Patrick is an opera singer, and asked him if he wanted to be on a recording tomorrow. By 4:30, I had sent an mp3 file of the baritone part of the song to Chris  by email, then I called Zak and told him to go back to tenor, and at 6:00 he arrived here for a copy of the music and we visited for nearly an hour.

DR elmore - YAY for Chris! -At first, I thought you were going to say that you got Patrick!

What time will you be finishing up tomorrow?  Maybe I could catch you guys on the way out.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #189 on: November 10, 2010, 11:01:34 PM »

Oh!

Next To Normal will be closing January 16th.  Looks like it's going to be a pretty "empty" February on Broadway again.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #190 on: November 10, 2010, 11:04:37 PM »

The Tony Awards are moving to the Beacon Theater next year. A 2900 seat theater as opposed to the 5900+ at the Radio City Musical. Maybe that will curtail the screaming and the whooping from the teenagers in the upper balconies to a dull roar

I'm just wondering about the logistics of bussing the casts back and forth from their theaters for their performance segments.  And I'm also trying to remember if the Beacon has a working, occupy-able pit.  Hmmm... ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #191 on: November 10, 2010, 11:05:35 PM »

And now...

Well...

I'm tired.

I'm sleepy.

So...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #192 on: November 10, 2010, 11:31:26 PM »

I think I'll go do a quick jog even though it's quite chilly out.

I just got home from ushering for The Color Purple and there was ice on my windshield after the show!  It was cold!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: November 10, 2010, 11:39:42 PM »

Very good news here in the City of Studio as regards the next Kritzerland release - the original album (which has been issued twice on CD) is quite weird - out of film sequence a little, and then all the music is literally from the second half of the film.  We've got it all - every cue from beginning to end including some cues that didn't make the film.  This will now become a 2 CD release and I think people will go ape over it - in fact, I predict an immediate sellout.  In fact, I may see about upping this to 1200 to 1500 units.  It's absolutely fantastic music, a beloved score, and we've got bonus tracks, too.

George

« Reply #194 on: November 10, 2010, 11:52:54 PM »

Very good news here in the City of Studio as regards the next Kritzerland release - the original album (which has been issued twice on CD) is quite weird - out of film sequence a little, and then all the music is literally from the second half of the film.  We've got it all - every cue from beginning to end including some cues that didn't make the film.  This will now become a 2 CD release and I think people will go ape over it - in fact, I predict an immediate sellout.  In fact, I may see about upping this to 1200 to 1500 units.  It's absolutely fantastic music, a beloved score, and we've got bonus tracks, too.

Nice...can't wait to find out what it is! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #195 on: November 10, 2010, 11:53:37 PM »

The Tony Awards are moving to the Beacon Theater next year. A 2900 seat theater as opposed to the 5900+ at the Radio City Musical. Maybe that will curtail the screaming and the whooping from the teenagers in the upper balconies to a dull roar

One can only hope.

;)

George

« Reply #196 on: November 10, 2010, 11:54:26 PM »

The talk at the Austin Network Mixer went well.

The audience asked some good questions, and I sold a lot of books.

Congrats, Druxy!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up