Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: DOING THE THINGS WE NEED TO DO  (Read 18002 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: DOING THE THINGS WE NEED TO DO
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2010, 10:38:09 AM »

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Laura

« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2010, 10:50:33 AM »

... a very important document pertaining to our oil tank decommissioning ...

I have no idea what this means. But I'm glad you found your document.

Laura

« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2010, 10:51:22 AM »

Re: "Dancing With the Stars"

I have a hard time understanding why anything on a reality television program would ever make the news.

That is all.

Laura

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2010, 10:52:49 AM »

"Moue" is what Miss Karen said when I told her she and the three orange kittens were going to adoptions again today.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2010, 10:55:40 AM »

I think it means he found proof of his heating appurtenance abatement.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2010, 11:00:01 AM »

Does anyone think Bristol Palin's resilience has to do with the hopeful optimism that she seems to exude despite her personal, graceless clunkiness?

Or is she being propped up by the same sort of cabal that saw Taylor Hicks through to winning American Idol a few years back?

I really hope that she doesn't make it to the finals.  She seems nice enough. But she really can't dance and I do not enjoy watching her dance. I don't even think she looks like she is having fun.

I honestly do not think that she will win. I mean how can she?  It would be one thing if she wasn't quite as good but still fun and entertaining. But she's not.

I don't even find she seems hopeful. More like shocked that she's still around.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2010, 12:33:57 PM »

Shipoopi!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2010, 01:07:48 PM »

In an empty space, no one can read your scream!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2010, 01:08:47 PM »

Good news re: little Ricky.

Thanks for those who gave vibes. I am feeling almost good as new today. But boy was I scared last night.  I guess the expired pills worked.

Great to hear.  May I have one of those pills?  I really don't need one as Tylenol is working fairly well if I keep taking it.  I've had mild migraines with mild nausea on and off for over a week now.  It seems to be worse in the early morning hours interrupting my sleep.  My guess is my broken eye glasses and/or the new meds are causing it. 

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2010, 01:19:14 PM »

Oil heat was the norm in Portland in the 40s, 50s, and 60s.  Unfortunately the norm was also to bury the tanks underground, where they frequently rotted and leaked.  Those of us who bought homes with these old tanks often wanted to switch to gas, but we were required by state law to have the old oil tanks removed (decommissioned) and the oil which had leaked cleaned up.  I thought I had lost the document giving us the "all clear" that we had done these tasks.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Laura

« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2010, 01:32:35 PM »

Thank you, JMK. I am glad you found your document.

JMK

« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2010, 01:41:01 PM »

MSN's email server has been down for hours.  Those of you who may be trying to email me (and you know who(m) you are) should phone instead.  :)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2010, 02:17:36 PM »

I had a good workout at the CR gym today and did some grocery shopping on the way home.  When I got here, Richard was on the phone with his cousin, for whom we're hosting a family gathering tomorrow night.  They haven't seen each other since she was 13 and he was 11, so, of course, I've never met her.  She and I talked on the phone like we're long-lost friends.  I'm looking forward to meeting her and her husband.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2010, 03:06:05 PM »

Back from the funeral and a short visit to the house - the funeral was attended by at least five to six hundred people.  Parking was madness, but we got there about five minutes after the service had begun.  I'm not big on the service part, but Michelle's husband Steve spoke eloquently and wonderfully, with humor and warmth, Howard McGillan sung Ave Maria, and Reece Holland sang for good.  There was a very long period where everyone took communion or whatever it is - the wafer thing - all five hundred people (well, not all).  It was nice.  Then I went and got the helper started and then went to Steve and Michelle's gorgeous Toluca Lake home.  I didn't know that many people, but Michael Caprio was there (he worked at Varese most of the time I was there), and Joan Ryan.  I was fine until I saw Steve - he hugged me and was so effusive about the work Michelle and I had done and I could literally not speak.  I was there about fifteen minutes, then had to get back home to give Juliana A. Hansen a tape of her music.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2010, 03:07:04 PM »

Now I have to eat something.  The food at the wake was so much fun - Michelle's favorites - In 'n' Out Burgers, Stanley's chinese chicken salad, and some sort of chocolate cake thing.  I didn't eat, but everyone was loving it.

Ginny

« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2010, 03:09:24 PM »

BK - {{{{{Hugs}}}}}
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2010, 03:17:47 PM »

Back from the funeral and a short visit to the house - the funeral was attended by at least five to six hundred people.  Parking was madness, but we got there about five minutes after the service had begun.  I'm not big on the service part, but Michelle's husband Steve spoke eloquently and wonderfully, with humor and warmth, Howard McGillan sung Ave Maria, and Reece Holland sang for good.  There was a very long period where everyone took communion or whatever it is - the wafer thing - all five hundred people (well, not all).  It was nice.  Then I went and got the helper started and then went to Steve and Michelle's gorgeous Toluca Lake home.  I didn't know that many people, but Michael Caprio was there (he worked at Varese most of the time I was there), and Joan Ryan.  I was fine until I saw Steve - he hugged me and was so effusive about the work Michelle and I had done and I could literally not speak.  I was there about fifteen minutes, then had to get back home to give Juliana A. Hansen a tape of her music.

I got misty eyed just reading about it.
Never stop dreaming.

Laura

« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2010, 03:42:20 PM »

Sounds like a lovely service and reception.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2010, 03:51:06 PM »

I'm going to be the speaker at the meeting of the Network Austin Mixer TODAY. 6 PM at the 501 Studios.

I hope all my Austin (and San Antonio) friends can be there.
I just got back from South Padre. Don't have time to get to Austin in 20 minutes. But would have loved to have been there.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2010, 03:52:06 PM »

Oh I had almost forgotten the Birthday DVD for BK's 60th.  That was such a joy.  Of course, I would have to say that over 90% of what happens here at HHW is joyful. 

I never answered the question of when the first time I posted, because I couldn't figure out how to track it down.

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2010, 03:53:01 PM »

Very glad you went. Glad you had your own communion with Steve and the others there.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2010, 04:02:21 PM »

And just to refresh everyone's memory, here's the itinerary from that HHW Eating and Walking Tour:

Start at Rockefeller Center.
Train down to Lower East Side.
-Economy Candy
-Katz's Delicatessen
-Russ & Daughters
-Kossar's Bialys
-The Doughnut Plant
Little Italy
-Ferrara Bakery & Cafe
-Italian Food Center
SoHo
-Animazing Gallery
-Broadway Panhandler
-Vintage New York
-MarieBelle Chocolate
-kid robot
-Morrison Hotel
-Vosges Haute Chocolate
-SoHo Apple Store (a.k.a. Bathroom Stop)
-Emack & Bolio's Ice Cream
-Sweet Melissa Patisserie
The West Village
-Jane
-The Burger Joint
-Porto Rico Coffee and Tea
-The Point
-Shopsin's
-Rocco's Pastry Shop
-Bruno Bakery
-Murray's Cheese
-Cones
-John's Pizzeria
-Condomania - I still remember making sure that DR vixter was quickly ushered by this storefront. ;)
-Magnolia Bakery
Chelsea
-Chocolate Bar
-Li-Lac Chocolates
-Mary's Off Jane Bakery
Chelsea Market
-Eleni's Cookies
-Fat Witch Brownies
-Ruthy's Bakery & Cafe
-Sarabeth's Bakery
-Chelsea Thai
-The Barking Zoo
-Billy's Bakery
Midtown/Theatre District
Columbus Circle
Upper West Side
-La Cocina

Sadly, La Cocina closed about two years ago.

Didn't we go to Fred and Skip's before La Cocina?

JMK

« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2010, 04:04:59 PM »

BTW, the first day's Kaufman was not me, as his first name is different than mine and his last name is spelled incorrectly.  ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2010, 04:05:25 PM »

Good news re: little Ricky.

Thanks for those who gave vibes. I am feeling almost good as new today. But boy was I scared last night.  I guess the expired pills worked.

Thanks Jennifer, glad your headache is better

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2010, 04:08:22 PM »

Ditto

Cillaliz

« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2010, 04:10:09 PM »

Does anyone think Bristol Palin's resilience has to do with the hopeful optimism that she seems to exude despite her personal, graceless clunkiness?

Or is she being propped up by the same sort of cabal that saw Taylor Hicks through to winning American Idol a few years back?

I really hope that she doesn't make it to the finals.  She seems nice enough. But she really can't dance and I do not enjoy watching her dance. I don't even think she looks like she is having fun.

I honestly do not think that she will win. I mean how can she?  It would be one thing if she wasn't quite as good but still fun and entertaining. But she's not.

I don't even find she seems hopeful. More like shocked that she's still around.

Kurt Warner wasn't that good either.  I don't think she should win. But I'm kind of amused she's still there

Cillaliz

« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2010, 04:13:47 PM »

BK, I'm glad you decided to go to the funeral.  It sounds like it was very meaningful for you.

Cillaliz

« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2010, 04:14:15 PM »

I guess we should be moving on

Cillaliz

« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2010, 04:14:22 PM »

to the next page

Cillaliz

« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2010, 04:14:45 PM »

It's really close