Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: RAVE IN THE NAVE  (Read 18674 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
RAVE IN THE NAVE
« on: November 14, 2010, 12:36:49 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes raved and naved, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently raving about the nave.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: RAVE IN THE NAVE
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 12:38:09 AM »

And the word of the day is: PROPITIATE!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 01:33:29 AM »

I'm home from Portland!

Just had to share. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

The Vixter

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 05:16:53 AM »

Hey everyone, long time no- well, see or chat.

I guess I'll catch everyone up with what has kept me from the sight. First things first, no one told me college was going to be like THIS. I want a warning nest time I dive into something like this, me and my fellow high schoolers (Save Raquel, since she's a genius and did it before) are all in shell shock from the amount of work.

Let's see... Anyone who meet up with Mom last week will know I was an extra in the school comedy, Heaven Can Wait, about... I think it was last weekend, but somehow, I can't remember time distences any more. O_O It went off sucsessfully... The next day. We got maybe two laughs the first day, and you could see how stressed we all got, because the queen bee *@%^#-ed alot more at us in the dressing room to "shut the front door". Also, for the sake of My Mom's sanity, and so I don't end up beaten up by said mother., any curses shall be censored. The next day went much better, but I have a feeling that that was because my friend Nick was in the audiance. How did we know? You can hear his laugh from backstage, and he was in the back of the auditorium. His laugh is very distinctive, and thankfully, along with the casts attics of "last night rule" he set the crowd off to join him. It got to the point where, in passing, we in the cast and crew would give a fond glance to each other and simply say- "Oh, Nick."- with a smile. It has been requested that though he is a senior, he must come back to every comedy so we never have that "off" night again.

I have somehow managed to get into our drama this year; Les Miserables. A feat that I've been attempting since first learning of it, and now am slightly scared of being in the play. I thought that everyone was JOKING when they said the teacher was fierce, but I guess not. Especially since she said "If you have a commitment, let me know so I can re-cast you. There's 35 of you, 1 of me, and I will have order, no matter who you are. Also, if you are not on this calender for a certain day. Don't come, I don't want you here." I know that she works with us like we're professionals, so I think, 'cool, I can go home and get this college stuff done finally' but my friend who landed Javert on his first audition for her (WAY TO GO VICTOR YOU MAKE ALL OF US PROUD!!!) is slightly frightened of being left with her after school every day, without the rest of our group there.

I myself have gotten the role of  Mlle. Gulliemand. No, I don't think I spelled it right. No, she wasn't in the musical. Yes, I HAVE LINES!!!! *victory dance* Basically, I'm Marius' rich upper class aunt who lets him live in the house with her. Honestly, I don't know why I got the part, since I think Sage did a better audition for it. She did an old lady voice for it. I took the part audition as a time to pretend I was in comedy, and gave a supposadly french woman a Victorian upper class accent, and got loud when she got angry. Apparently, that's what Mrs. Shmitt wanted, because here I stand, the "richest" and "oldest" of all my frineds on stage. And I get seen more then any other girl in my group that made it. :D Even if I'm only in the second act. I am happy with my role. So far, I submitted two art designs for Mrs. Shmitt to look at for the poster, but I doubt she'll use either really. Any suggestions on how to make her more pompous and ridicukus would be greatly appreciated and most likely, used.

And last but not least, Scottsboro boys. I got to go and see it on Friday, and my GOD was I impressed. They don't have a set, but they use about twelve chairs and two planks of wood to convey where they are. Add that in with amazing singers, wonderful lighting techneques, (spelled THAT wrong), and choreography that was stunning beyond words, you have an amazing show off the bat, plot not included. Add the plot, and I say we've got a tony winner here. I'll be sorely disappointed if it dosen't win anything; possibly to the point of taking the Tony off the real winners and going over to the stage door and saying "You forgot this" to the cast of Scottsboro boys. Best part? My class was able to do a workshop with one of the actors, and he taught us the end of the first numbers dance and song. It was the only time I will ever be allowed to dance on a chair. After the musical, we were directed to the stage door (i.e., the class stampeded towards it like rabid buffaloes trying to get to the last bit of grass on the plains. Yep. That bad.) and were taken on stage. Everyone started taking pictures of them on the stage, them with the actors, and simply from the stage's perspective. Some strange man started photographing a couple of our kids doing that though, so they stopped for the sake of "I don't know you, get away from me" rules.

The only bad part was the restrooms (Oh God, pee before you get there guys, those things are small, and there's no intermission), and the fact that I had somehow managed to contract an illness, three seconds after going to dinner. I sneezed almost every number. I offically wanted to get thrown out, because it wasn't fair on anyone around me to have me sneeze in the middle of such an awsome show. I ended up going into full out sick mode on the bus home, and curlled into a ball to die/sleep on the way home, getting up to try not to freeze to death since for some reason, all my classmates had the bright idea to open the windows at eleven at night in November on a pretty cold day to begin with. (Yesh. Kids. I don't know what's wrong with these kids today.) I got home, drank some Robetession, ranted to Mom on how d.'s should work on making the taste of medicine bearable, and passed out upstairs. Then the next day was an open house at Five Towns, a bunch of Aleve, and raking AGAIN. So, that's my life in a nutshell. How's everyone else doing? You know... If you haven't died from word over-load from reading this.
Me: Hi, my names Vicky, and I think I might have become a textaholic.
All my friends: Hi Vicky. *Applause*

The Vixter

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 05:17:56 AM »

I'm home from Portland!

Just had to share. :)

Welcome home!! How was it?
Me: Hi, my names Vicky, and I think I might have become a textaholic.
All my friends: Hi Vicky. *Applause*

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 05:27:05 AM »

Great stories, Vixter. Hope you are feeling better after all that sneezing.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 05:27:34 AM »

Travel vibes for bk. And glad both bk and Druxy had great sales yesterday.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 05:28:28 AM »

I get to spend the day playing catchup on two online classes I'm taking. No rest for the weary.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 05:33:17 AM »

Good morning, all! I am bathed, shaved, dressed, and ready to hit the road to New Jersey for THE BRAIN FROM PLANET X! I am going with one of my dearest friends Bruce Pomahac, who loves the show, and I think he's looking forward to it more than I. We're having lunch with the director of the group that's producing the show before hand, since sge's a friend of Bruce's, and I will have a full report when I return.

Things sound faboo in Portland last evening, and I wish I could have been there.

DR the vixter, reading about all you've been up to wears me out. Break a leg with LES MIS!

I don't meet Bruce until 10:30, so I've got time to make my bed and type out some more lyrics.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 05:59:52 AM »

Great to hear from Vixter! (And I love your new avatar.)

Travel vibes to everyone traveling today!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 06:07:59 AM »

Back to the final day of Comic Con in about an hour.

I am sooo tired.  These events are fun (and profitable), but they sure take a lot out of you.

You can dream…or you can do.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 06:15:20 AM »

And the word of the day is: PROPITIATE!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  SQUEEZE ME
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 06:20:47 AM by ArnoldMBrockman »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 06:16:28 AM »

Travel vibes for MR BK and DR JANE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 06:16:55 AM »

Back to the final day of Comic Con in about an hour.

I am sooo tired.  These events are fun (and profitable), but they sure take a lot out of you.

That's what Phyllis Coates says - she won't do them anymore.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 06:17:37 AM »

Sounds like the Rave in the Nave was a crashing success.....hopefully there will be photos.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 06:18:02 AM »

DR ELMORE - I think this is BRAINEX N.J. Style day......hoping for a complete report.

Jennifer

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 06:20:00 AM »

Last night DR Elmore wrote:
And tonight's bad news: my bathroom sink has a bad leak and I don't know when I can ask the super to come in and take care of it.

Too bad you don't live above the oaf. Then you could just let it drip into his apartment!

Jennifer

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 06:21:19 AM »

Last night DR Edi wrote:
We have Smarties here in the states, but they're different; more like a roll of little Sweet Tarts:

http://www.amazon.com/Candy-Smarties-160-pieces-unit/dp/B000PD5G5G

We have those here too. I didn't know that you guys called those smarties. I hate those candies!

I really am surprised that the US does not have our smarties. They are so good. Definitely one of the most popular chocolates here. And one of my favs.

Jennifer

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2010, 06:22:49 AM »

I feel bad. My sis called at 8pm. Both kids are sick. The baby has a high fever again (at 4am). She is on antibiotics since Friday. So the fever should have gone down. It was gone yesterday. But now came back. Not sure what she should do about that.

My other niece also got up at 4am with stomach problems. So she's been in the bathroom. :(

Ben

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2010, 06:26:40 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2010, 06:27:00 AM »

Since we're on Long Island this weekend I had pancakes (with blueberries) for breakfast.

Michael

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2010, 06:30:07 AM »

Hello from Orlando, Florida
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2010, 06:36:35 AM »

Was going to go to the Harry Potter World at Universal Orlando until I found out (three minutes ago) that there is only one new ride created for Harry Potter and the other two, a kid friendly roller coaster and a rebranded adult coaster have no interest for me. The balance of Harry Potter World is shops and restaurants which I can skip. Since I don't want to spend $71 on one ride I will skip it for now.

Oh well.......
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2010, 07:16:55 AM »

Wise thinking DR MICHAEL S

Cillaliz

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2010, 07:51:15 AM »

Good morning!   Travel vibes to all traveling

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2010, 07:51:25 AM »

Betsy sweetly got up at 5:30-ish and was off with Jane by 6-ish to pick up BK.  Jane should be boarding her flight any moment and BK will probably be posting from the airport at any moment.  :)

I am going to muddle through my church gig this morning, and then I believe I will come home and take a well deserved 48 hour nap.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2010, 07:51:35 AM »

Grape juice, brownie, milk 

Cillaliz

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2010, 07:51:50 AM »

Glad the Rave in the Nave was such a hit!

Cillaliz

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2010, 07:52:53 AM »

Going to meet Paul for coffee and then stop at the office to see what came in the mail yesterday and pick up a couple files, in case I get the urge to work on them.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2010, 07:57:38 AM »

I was going through my spam on the website for my provider and discovered that there is a special event TONIGHT at my favorite furniture store for regular customers.  30% off everything, no interest financing until 2014 plus more specials.   That's the most they ever discount anything that isn't clearance.  So, I think I'll order my futon tonight.  They have some nice ones with really good mattresses.  They also have some wonderful rugs.   I may order both and take my color pallet for the walls etc from that. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up