Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: THEY ABIDE, AND THEY ENDURE  (Read 13366 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: THEY ABIDE, AND THEY ENDURE
« Reply #210 on: November 17, 2010, 11:35:38 PM »

tonight the Vixter and I went to the mvie theatre for the One Night Only showing of the 25th Anniversary Concert of Les Miserables

Marius was sung by one of the Jonas brothers - the front seats were all occupied by fangirls who, whenever young Mr Jonas appeared on screen, would immedialtely start taking flash photos  and holding up their phones and video the movie -

the manager of the movie theatre happened to be in the audience in the row behind ours - he had a large uniformed security guard warn the girls to put their phones away - with limited success - but at the 10 minute intermission he walkewd down  and said "Not only is your behavior rude and distracting to the rest of the audience but it is also illegal - if there is an repeat of this behavior in the second half of the show, I will bring the house  lights up and you will be leaving in a police vehicle." 

The second half of the show the audience was very well behaved

Now THAT'S a Manager!
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #211 on: November 17, 2010, 11:36:55 PM »

Cuddleduds. Who knew?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #212 on: November 17, 2010, 11:37:53 PM »

PAGE EIGHT DANCE!!!!!!!!

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #213 on: November 17, 2010, 11:39:00 PM »

Cuddleduds. Who knew?

I didn't either! Now I do too!
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #214 on: November 17, 2010, 11:40:48 PM »

And a good review in the LA Times! They focused on the Ron Howard story, which almost got cut, but I fought for it and said that this is one of the stories that will be mentioned when articles are written about the film, especially out in LA. (Bet my partners won't remember that!)  :-)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/the_big_picture/2010/11/jews-and-baseball-dennis-leary-kevin-youkilis-ron-howard-sandy-koufax.html
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #215 on: November 17, 2010, 11:44:04 PM »

Is anyone else having trouble with Facebook?  I get this message:

Account Temporarily Unavailable.

Your account is currently unavailable due to a site issue. We expect this to be resolved shortly. Please try again in a few minutes.

:-\

That's been happening periodically to "everyone".  You'll have access again soon enough.

I figured that it would work soonly.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #216 on: November 17, 2010, 11:51:04 PM »

Oh, man. I've just returned from The Academy, where we screened our film. WOW!!! I don't htink it will ever look of sound as good as it did in that room; spectacular! I've noticed when I see movies in LA that they sound better than anywhere else, but this was superb!

We had a surprise---Al Rosen attended and was part of the group of speakers afterwards. We didn't know he was coming; it was a thrilled to meet him! We also had Mike Lieberthal and Shawn Green there. It was great to meet them all after looking at them on my laptop computer for months on end. They were all adorable, and Al said he cries every time he sees the film (in a good way!). It was so neat to see the film with them; it was the first time Shawn and Mike had seen it and they really loved it! The audience was very appreciative, and it was interesting to see the film with a NY crowd and what they bring to it, and then an LA crowd, since those two towns are such a big part of the story, especially with Sandy Koufax.

So I'm just kvelling in a major way!

Tomorrow we're shooting for our next film, and interviewing Lieber and Stoller. Can't wait to meet them!

Congrats, Edi!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Edisaurus

« Reply #217 on: November 17, 2010, 11:57:45 PM »

Now I'm waiting for Mr. Linton who should be arriving soon, via Shalom car service! How appropriate is that?
Wish he could have been there tonight but he's been traveling all day from his shoot in Boston.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #218 on: November 17, 2010, 11:58:35 PM »

Whoa...I'm so drained.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up