Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TEARING MY HAIR OUT  (Read 11977 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: TEARING MY HAIR OUT
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2010, 09:47:34 AM »

Wow - where's everybody been?  I'm back from my appointment, where Tina cut and styled my hair and waxed above my upper and below my lower lips.  That's something I used to have done every other month, but had not since I began taking all this medication that causes me to bruise.  Just removing the cardiac monitor patches has caused bruising and I really didn't want similar wounds on my face.  I got brave today and took the risk and so far, so good...

So, as it says in today's title, I've literally been "tearing my hair out."

Are you on steroids, Ginny?  My Mom went on Prednisone (or however it's spelled) and she started bruising horribly.  It was actually shocking when I saw her for the first time in about a year after she had been on that stuff.  She looked like she had been through a battering ram.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2010, 09:48:34 AM »

Some friends of our who own rental properties recommended TenantVerificationServices.com, and it looks perfect for what we need.  I have finished uploading all the proof of ownership docs they require and hopefully can run a full credit-bankruptcy-criminal-eviction check on prospective tenants.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2010, 10:00:23 AM »

Ginny I even wear Cuddleduds in L.A.  I have different weights & sleeve lengths.

Cillaliz

« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2010, 10:01:43 AM »

You gals were talking about cuddleduds last night as if it was a common thing. I wonder if it is either a) an American company that doesn't sell here or b) something that was more popular in the past.

I truly had no idea what you guys were talking about. They sort of look like slinky longjohns! :)

DR Jennifer, they are very thin but very warm long johns.  They make shirts, camisoles all sorts of "under" wear.  I wear them all winter.   

Jane

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2010, 10:03:03 AM »

CONGRATULATIONS DR EDI!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2010, 10:03:53 AM »

I'm pleased to say that Ricky's surgery went very well and the doctor reported that he is resting comfortably.   He wasn't pleased to be locked in my room last night and took quite a while to calm down.  Once he did, he cuddled up under the covers and slept for over 6 hours.   I'll pick him up at 5:00 tonight.  He'll be sleeping all day, so he'll be fine there.

Cillaliz

« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2010, 10:04:03 AM »

CONGRATS TO EDI!!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2010, 10:05:37 AM »

Off to lunch! 

Jane

« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2010, 10:06:40 AM »

Good morning, all! Another day of the McGlinnventory and then my schedule changes. My editing plans have fallen through so I'm off to the NYPL on the continual scrapbook search and I want to look at a few folksong collections.

I received a sad email from my neighbor Judy, who keeps an eye on the apartment when I'm away. The adorable boxer who barks too much in the apartment above me is dying from cancer. I doubt that's the reason the Oaf is moving, but I'm wondering if his unhappness and anger over the dog's situation isn't being directed at me.  This answers a few questions I've been formulating, like why I haven't heard him walking the dog or why I haven't heard the excited clatter of paws and claws on the floor. I'm not sorry the Oaf is leaving but I am really sorry that beautiful and friendly boxer is suffering.

I'm sorry about the Boxer above you.  I was hoping with the move the dog would get more attention.

Jane

« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2010, 10:09:15 AM »

You gals were talking about cuddleduds last night as if it was a common thing. I wonder if it is either a) an American company that doesn't sell here or b) something that was more popular in the past.

I truly had no idea what you guys were talking about. They sort of look like slinky longjohns! :)

Silky on the outside, brushed cotton on the inside.  They still sell them.  What I miss are the nice lacy tops they used to have.  I still have a few short sleeved ones I wear when I want a light layer under my top.

Jane

« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2010, 10:10:24 AM »

Still not thrilled with the ear, but it's much better today. And that's good as the agenda is full of meetings and things ending up with a chance to see Tommy Tune tonight. A friend called with a spare ticket, which I was happy to accept.

Good news you are on the mend.  CONTINUED HEALING VIBES!

Jane

« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2010, 10:11:56 AM »

No bruising vibes for DR Ginny!!

Jane

« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2010, 10:12:59 AM »

Cilla thanks for the update on Ricky.  I'm glad it was good news.

JMK

« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2010, 10:19:31 AM »

Oy, one of our bay windows just started leaking.  Guess I need to buy some caulk.

Ginny

« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2010, 10:26:46 AM »

DR JMK - no steroids, but I'm on at least 3 meds that have blood thinning properties.  I've always bruised easily, but now it's ridiculous.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2010, 10:31:05 AM »

I am happy to report that The Monarch Scientist looked at The Tiny Monarch and felt she would be able to fly. So we put her on a flower to nectar for a while, and then she flew a little wobbly into the willow tree. She said she's seen butterflies with much worse wings fly.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2010, 10:32:08 AM »

I mentioned the other day about how a local TV station showed AIRPORT 77 during the 80s with the film speed slightly slowed down and with the unintentional effect on the female voices.  Last night I was able to find the VHS tape that had a small clip.  So here, for your enjoyment, is a bit of AIRPORT 77...

LOL!  -If you're not going to Twitter that... ;)

I hadn't thought of it, but will do it now (feel free to RT :) )
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2010, 10:36:00 AM »

Great news about the butterfly, DR Laura!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2010, 10:36:29 AM »

Wow - where's everybody been?  I'm back from my appointment, where Tina cut and styled my hair and waxed above my upper and below my lower lips.  That's something I used to have done every other month, but had not since I began taking all this medication that causes me to bruise.  Just removing the cardiac monitor patches has caused bruising and I really didn't want similar wounds on my face.  I got brave today and took the risk and so far, so good...

So, as it says in today's title, I've literally been "tearing my hair out."

Are you on steroids, Ginny?  My Mom went on Prednisone (or however it's spelled) and she started bruising horribly.  It was actually shocking when I saw her for the first time in about a year after she had been on that stuff.  She looked like she had been through a battering ram.

DR Ginny, are you on blood thinners?  I sometimes bruise easily and my doctor said it's because of the Plavix (plus the baby aspirins.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2010, 10:42:56 AM »

DR Jennifer, they are very thin but very warm long johns.  They make shirts, camisoles all sorts of "under" wear.  I wear them all winter.  

Hmmm, I bet something like that would be good to wear while biking.  I'm probably finished for the year since the weather has gotten much colder.  But when I went on Tuesday I had on 3 layers. And even though the bottom 2 layers of shirts are not thick I still must have looked like
a big round biker with so many layers on.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2010, 10:44:55 AM »

DR Cillaliz:  Thanks for getting at what I wanted to say, too -- about the butterfly.

As soon as DR Laura told us about the one wing that didn't unfold, Billy Preston's "Will It Go Round in Circles" popped into my head.

LOL!

Still...I wasn't certain the butterfly survived.  I guess it would have gone round in a circle had it not been for that willow tree!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2010, 10:46:14 AM »

I am happy to report that The Monarch Scientist looked at The Tiny Monarch and felt she would be able to fly. So we put her on a flower to nectar for a while, and then she flew a little wobbly into the willow tree. She said she's seen butterflies with much worse wings fly.

:)

Laura

« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2010, 10:51:18 AM »

It's not that it didn't unfold at all -- the edge was a little curved.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 10:58:35 AM by Laura »

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2010, 10:57:38 AM »

I just read this. :(

A message to MEDIUM fans from series creator Glenn Gordon Caron:
"It's true. Allison Dubois will dream her last dream on "Medium", Friday, January 21st. In what we believe will be a series defining episode, Allison and her family will stare destiny in the eye. And destiny will not blink."

Laura

« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2010, 10:58:08 AM »

Glad to hear Little Ricky is ok. He is still a kitten -- he will be playing by morning. Maybe even tonight.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2010, 11:12:11 AM »

I've been up since eight-thirty attending to things.  Waiting for our very own Nick Redman to pick up something, then I'm hoping it will be time to go to my engineer's place.  I'm very stuffed up today - I cannot afford any problems, health-wise, so send lots of excellent vibes and xylophones.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2010, 11:16:02 AM »

I'm back from all of my errands. Now I'm waiting for Fed Ex to take these 5 cartons to Ohio for me.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2010, 11:19:24 AM »

Still not thrilled with the ear, but it's much better today. And that's good as the agenda is full of meetings and things ending up with a chance to see Tommy Tune tonight. A friend called with a spare ticket, which I was happy to accept.

DR JohnG - Ear things always take a while to clear up. In the meantime, just be careful when blowing your nose - you don't want to literally blow the infection up into your sinus cavities. (Ewww.)  Otherwise...

A friend of mine was part of the private audience for Tommy Tune's final run-thru of this new show. From all accounts, you're gonna have a great time.
The last time I saw him was on the last night of the brief life of "Busker Alley" when he was in a cast and two other performers, including Jeff Calhoun, did his dance numbers for him. I had seen the show the previous week and they did a great deal of good work on it, though it wasn't good enough for New York.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2010, 11:20:40 AM »

I'm pleased to say that Ricky's surgery went very well and the doctor reported that he is resting comfortably.   He wasn't pleased to be locked in my room last night and took quite a while to calm down.  Once he did, he cuddled up under the covers and slept for over 6 hours.   I'll pick him up at 5:00 tonight.  He'll be sleeping all day, so he'll be fine there.
Yeah on the surgery.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2010, 11:22:34 AM »

Ginny I even wear Cuddleduds in L.A.  I have different weights & sleeve lengths.
Then there are Cuddledads, for the bear in every family.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up