Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: IF I CAN DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT  (Read 51263 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:IF I CAN DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT
« Reply #150 on: October 22, 2003, 08:45:00 PM »

Jason, you should be grateful you didn't go see "Willard" instead of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre."  Think how you would feel about all your houseguests then.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2003, 08:47:00 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: October 22, 2003, 08:47:13 PM »

Yes, the Applause song takes place in Joe Allen.  You only THINK you're seeing tush - they're wearing body stockings.  Isn't this too too much fun?

Sarah sends word that until she approves in Algebra she won't be able to post - her parents got very upset with her and this here site.   She'll be back, though, she promises.  I don't understand parents today, I really don't.  I would truly hate to be a young person.  Parents send nothing but mixed messages - they are overprotective (even when their children are babies, with the toilet locks and all that crap - somehow I don't think there were many babies drowned in the toilet when I was growing up), and yet they allow their children to dress like sluts and to grow up way too quickly.  I don't think Sarah was abusing her time here - she didn't post ad nauseum - it was just a divertissements away from homework, and yet they act like weirdos are on this here site.   Imagine - us - wierdos?  I think not.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #152 on: October 22, 2003, 08:53:26 PM »

I'm having trouble finding my way through the new board. Maybe it's my computer. who knows. So this post is probably in the wrong place... but, for those of you who expressed interest a while ago in the movie of DIE MOMMIE DIE, you can get info on its opening (Oct 31) in various cities at:
http://www.sundancechannel.com/filmseries

Jason

« Reply #153 on: October 22, 2003, 08:54:50 PM »

TCB: Wouldn't you know there was a scene in the movie where she had rats crawling all over her? I mean, come on...what in the world was I thinking? And the whole time I'm thinking, "This is a just a movie... A scary movie... A scary movie about a girl hiding in an abandoned house in the woods, being chased by a man with a chainsaw who is wearing her dead boyfriend's face, and she has rats all over her." What was I thinking????

Jason

« Reply #154 on: October 22, 2003, 08:57:04 PM »

FYI: I can actually hear a mouse chewing on my carpet trying to get in. I think that's creepier than Mr. Mark Bakalor's eyes following us or even a man with a chainsaw wearing another man's face while a girl hides in an abandoned house in the woods that just happens to have bars on all the windows. CREEPY!

td

• td
« Reply #155 on: October 22, 2003, 09:30:44 PM »

BK's favorite NY restaurant was mentioned on LAW & ORDER tonight, in an episode that dealt with a murderous three-named composer of Broadway musicals.  Great cast including John Shea, Katherine Chalfont and Robert Foxworth. . .

I saw the first TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE when I was in college, and thought it was great fun then.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

MBarnum

« Reply #156 on: October 22, 2003, 09:37:54 PM »

The tech board is definately a great help guys! Thanks Mark Bakalor for helping 'splain things for us!

I think I must return there and find out why my picture is now streched!
 :D

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]OFF TO BEDDY BYE NOW![/move]

RonPulliam

« Reply #157 on: October 22, 2003, 09:45:39 PM »

What man do you know who'd have anything to do with Ms. Gest?????

And to claim Liza beat him about the head while he did "nothing" -- you mean he didn't even even scream?  Not even a little bit?

Tsk!

:P

:-X

Jason:  Sorry about your friend Jennifer's double-cross.   :-\

Sometimes friends mean well but don't follow through.  Sometimes they're still friends.  And sometimes they don't know how to be good friends.  Most of the time they seem to mean well.

RonPulliam

« Reply #158 on: October 22, 2003, 09:47:25 PM »

I have a kazillion questions about things...so I guess I better schlep my butt over to the Tech board before I get bitchslapped into a coma!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: October 22, 2003, 09:48:40 PM »

Panni, I really don't understand your confusion.  How much simpler can we explain it?  This is where you post.  These are the posts for day's notes, just like it says.  Why would you not think you should post this here?  You must think of the Daily Discussion board (where you posted your post) as what used to follow the notes.  The only difference is that you click on the Daily Discussions board, then on the title of the current day's notes.  Please explain what it is you're confused about.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2003, 09:52:03 PM »

Hello, all. What swell features we have here now. I'll look forward to catching up when things slow down.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #161 on: October 22, 2003, 09:53:05 PM »

Jason!  I'm sorry I shouldn't laugh, but your description of you at that movie is hysterical ;D

And why would anyone mind having Mr. Mark Bakalor's eyes following them?  A lot of things can be said about Mr. Bakalor's picture (and / or eyes), but creepy is not one of them.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2003, 09:56:27 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jason

« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2003, 09:56:14 PM »

TCB: I will admit, I was a sight after that movie--all wide-eyed and jittery.

I certainly didn't mean to say that Mr. Mark Bakalor's eyes are creepy...it is, perhaps, creepy that they seem to follow you, though. In fact, many here would say that Mr. Mark Bakalor himself is quite the handsome fellow--not creepy at all.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #163 on: October 22, 2003, 09:57:51 PM »

What a wonderful thing to come home to...this friendly and fun message board.  I just drove home through a monsoon..talk about northwest rain.  

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #164 on: October 22, 2003, 10:01:26 PM »

My humble apologies to Mr. Bark Makalor for my snide "Order here/Pick-up here" comment.  You are to be praised for making this site happen and answering all our technical questions, appropriately, in the technical section. :-[
« Last Edit: October 22, 2003, 10:02:20 PM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

MrMarkBakalor

« Reply #165 on: October 22, 2003, 10:04:01 PM »

Thanks, Jay. No worries...

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #166 on: October 22, 2003, 10:12:55 PM »

All is clear. I've had an epiphany. Seen the Light. A Voice from on high explained it all.  Minus, not plus. I gets it, yes indeed I do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: October 22, 2003, 10:13:58 PM »

Okay, we have figured out Panni's problem.  No one else has had it thus far, so she must have made an incorrect click at some point.  If you get to our board home page, you should see three header titles: Haines His Way, The Kritzer Novels, and The First Nudie Musical (or something like it).  Below each of those header titles should be a subheading - for example, under HHW it should have two boards listed: Daily Discussions and Technical Support.  Under Kritzer Novels there is one listing, same for Nudie.  IF for some reason you don't see the subheadings, look to the left of the header title where you will see a tiny little box.  If there is a PLUS sign in the box, simply click on the header title (i.e. Haines His Way) and it will open up the subheadings and you will then see a MINUS sign in the little tiny box.  You always want the minus sign for everything on that page, otherwise the contents are hidden.  Sounds confusing, but it isn't.  Remember, if you don't see Daily Discussions on the home page of this forum, simply click Haines His Way and the plus sign will become a minus sign and the board will be revealed.  Whew!

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #168 on: October 22, 2003, 10:14:04 PM »

I'm heeere!  Sorry for my errant and truantness this evening...after American Lit class, I forced my chick flick-fearing boyfriend Macbeth to watch Kissing Jessica Stein with me...it probably is my all-time favorite romantic comedy.

I heard about Liza and Gest!  Oh, wow, who could have seen that one coming!  Still, I hope this guy gets 3 cents out of her...if even that.

TD--an episode about a murderous three-named composer???  Hahahaha, you have got to be kidding!  Though there have been some three named composers who in certain cases have murdered musicals!  

I'm so sorry to hear about Swishy!  I hope that being as resourceful as she is, she'll find ways to circumvent the HHW ban....BK, you're totally right about my parents.  I mean, I have pretty cool liberal parents but I guess I'm lucky.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Well...I guess I should get to bed....[/move]

Maya

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #169 on: October 22, 2003, 10:19:43 PM »

I really should review my posts before I post them.  I put BK, you're so right about MY parents, but of course I meant parents in general.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] Silly me![/move]

:P

Jay

« Reply #170 on: October 22, 2003, 10:20:54 PM »

Dear BK--

I believe the technical term for the + and - buttons you are referring to is "Twisties."

Jay

« Reply #171 on: October 22, 2003, 10:25:16 PM »

My favorite scene in Kissing Jessica Stein is when the two protagonists are in the cab and they're talking to Tovah Feldshue on the cell phone and she guilts the pair into coming up to her house for dinner, something neither of them wants to do in the least.  Talk about verisimilitude!  Tell me there's a single person on this board of the Jewish persuasion who never had such an experience!

Maya

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #172 on: October 22, 2003, 10:33:04 PM »

Ah, Jay  :o I was all ready to get to bed, but I simply have to respond to your post first, hehe!  

That is a great scene and it's so funny that you mention that one in particular.  Macbeth, who is NOT the least bit Jewish, was going on to the effect of "Why can't anyone ever say no to a Jewish mother?"  He said he had never seen it happen.  Well, I'm sure it HAS happened on many occasions but I will certainly say that some Jewish mothers have a way of making you go along with whatever they say!  Really though...Tovah was great.  :-*

I guess my other favorite part in that movie is where Jessica is going on all those dates and they show a montage of all the losers she's going out with.  

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #173 on: October 22, 2003, 10:33:27 PM »

Jason - I've met Mark B in person, he IS as creepy as his picture!!!  (love you, Mark)   :)  

Jay

« Reply #174 on: October 22, 2003, 10:36:43 PM »

Say "No" to a Jewish mother?  You'd better not have anything on your calendar for the following day, as you'll have a funeral to go to.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: October 22, 2003, 10:53:40 PM »

What a first day on our new message board!  Hoo and ray or, at the very least, Bob and Ray.  Remember, that as soon as the new notes go up, today's posts will be locked (you won't be able to make further posts) but you will be able to read them.  The current notes will always bear the title of the day's notes and the subheading "Today's Unseemly Posts" underneath.  Simple as pie. ;D

Angela

« Reply #176 on: October 23, 2003, 12:30:31 AM »

Oh My Goodness, it's going to take me some time to learn this format.....  Despite the newness, HHW looks fabulous!
Where ever you go, there you are.........
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up