Archives > Archive 1

AIN'T WE GOT FUN?

(1/36) > >>

bk:
Well, you've read the notes, you've had your fun and eaten it, too, and now it is time to post without lethargy.  We must have none of the lethargy of yesterday, which didn't even match the somewhat slow weekend.  Let us keep lethargy out of it, shall we?  Now, post I say - so much to post about, so little time.

Tomovoz:
For DR Laura: Me at home with a feathered friend!

bk:
Nice cockatoo.

We've got GUESTS aplenty.  Welcome GUESTS.  Wonder if our merry searchers are amongst our GUESTS?  And then there is Panni, sitting there like so much fish.

Panni:
I agree with bk that there should have been much more backstage, at home, rehearsal footage in the Stritch at Liberty hybrid. There was a short sequence, for example, of Stritch with a podiatrist in London. Her toes were totally covered in bandages and she was screaming with pain as he removed them. In the next sequence she is seen dancing on stage. This says tons about the pain behind the laughter (pardon the cliche) - but it really makes the dancing sequence mean so much more than it already does. Apparently they shot from the first day of rehearsals  (ironically 9/11) -- so there must have been lots of footage. But i still enjoyed the film. And Anthony Hopkins and Liz Smith were a hoot in the Q & A.

Panni:
Nice picture, Tomovoz!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version