Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: JEWS AND BASEBALL  (Read 18686 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: JEWS AND BASEBALL
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2010, 08:58:22 AM »

I think the extreme rain noise from next door has to do with weird gutters or overhangs, which is also the title of my next novel.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2010, 09:00:35 AM »

I believe I can give BK a little PR by using his FNM experience as part of my ROCK & RULE review.  That was another film that got the shaft from the studio (in this case MGM/UA) for completely tangential reasons.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2010, 09:02:25 AM »

Not to invite the wrath of BK (the title of *my* next novel), I must say that while BK's monstrosity next door is indeed two stories, something unusual for that neighborhood, it really isn't huge looking (at least from the street).  I doubt it's more than 2000sf.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2010, 09:03:07 AM »

I in fact specifically asked BK to point out said monstrosity as I was expecting a McMansion of considerable girth.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2010, 09:18:47 AM »

I believe in actuality it's more like 3000 square feet - they pack a lot of room in these awful things because they build BACK and use most of the yard.  And the previous house had a HUGE yard.

Ben

« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2010, 09:20:09 AM »

Afternoon all.

That is all.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2010, 09:28:13 AM »

The Oaf has finally arisen; I could hear his electric razor through the bathroom air vent about 10 minutes ago.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 09:46:19 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2010, 09:37:00 AM »

Lord amighty - I've been up since three-thirty.  It's raining - I used to love the rain in the middle of the night, softly falling - always made me sleep wonderfully.  On the one night I REALLY needed to sleep, the rain falling on the monstrosity of a house next door sounds like fifty people hammering - my house the rain falls gently - the house next door, disgusting.  I'm going to be trashed for this event if I can't fall asleep soon.

Does it have a steel roof?   I hate steel roofs

Cillaliz

« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2010, 09:41:09 AM »

I would like to send my bird to anyone who is trying to sleep. He decided to do his rooster routine at 7:15 this morning. He was ready to be up. I, on the other hand, wanted another hour of sleep. Guess who lost.

Don't send it here, if you want it to live....Ricky has decided that all humans should be waiting on cats....no on HIM...at least by 6:00 AM.  I disagree.  He sits on me

Cillaliz

« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2010, 09:41:40 AM »

TRAVEL VIBES FOR DR ELMORE~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2010, 09:43:39 AM »

DR Elmore, thanks for your concern about Little Ricky. He's doing great today.  He's only had about 3 spats with his sisters and it's only 11:30 am!  They aren't really fighting.  The girls are trying to convince him that he'd be happier somewhere else and he's ignoring that and chasing them around the house.  My guess is within a week we'll have a new normal around here.

Cillaliz

« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2010, 09:45:05 AM »

Poor little Spats is so congested. But he is so much friendlier than he was with the whole family around. He'll get adopted in a snap if he keeps this up.

MUCUS BE GONE VIBES TO LITTLE SPATS~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2010, 09:45:37 AM »

There is a big craft fair today in the same building as the library. Yeah!

There's a big craft fair here today too.

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2010, 09:46:48 AM »

Sandra is fine. She says there are no good stories to post now working where she does. They don't play "My Horse is Your Mother" there.

But do they eat paper plates?

Cillaliz

« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2010, 09:48:12 AM »

I am so excited!! Today's junior prom, and I get to go with all my junior friends again!!! Hopefully it will be as fun as last year, but with out the set backs of las year as well. :D
That sounds like fun. Hope it was better than my prom. "Once, Twice, Three Times a Lady" was the only slow song the band knew. They played it 15 times.

The rest of the classic hits in their repertoire included "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy" and "Play That Funky Music, White Boy."

I never went to prom.  I helped decorate for the "Come Sail Away" theme

Cillaliz

« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2010, 09:52:03 AM »

TOD:  I think it would be cool to do a documentary about some really cool house and the people who lived there. Not just the original owners, but each of the  people who lived there and how they changed the look, feel etc of the house as well as events that happened there and how it effected the people who lived in the house. 

There was a fictional "If These Walls Could Talk" years ago on HBO.  I would want mine to be nonfiction, but it's the same idea

That doesn't sound very exciting when I write it down, but the idea in my head is wonderful

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2010, 09:57:50 AM »

Good Morning! Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... And I guess I have to adjust the time offset for myself here on HHW.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2010, 09:58:54 AM »

Sounds like last load may be ready to go in the dryer.   Think I'll get something to eat and then venture out to see if I can find things for the new room....TV, Rug and a sleeper sofa.   There's a sleeper sofa at my fav. furniture store's clearance store.  I'm going to look at it.  It may be one that's just really cheaply made, so that's why it's less expensive, if so, I'll move on and check out the other stores.  I'm not ready for it yet, but figured I better look while the sales are on.   I'm also looking for a winter coat.  I've had the one I'm wearing now for the past 3 years and figured a new one would be a good idea.  They are 60% off today.  Time to look....

TTFN

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2010, 10:01:35 AM »

Good Morning! Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... And I guess I have to adjust the time offset for myself here on HHW.

Done.

*And I really wonder just how the site's "home clock" can alway be off by a couple of minutes. I had to adjust my time offset to "2.81". ???

Anyhoo...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2010, 10:03:31 AM »

Thank You for all the Vibes last night. I believe they did their magic. There's still something funky going on with my right ankle, but it's more annoying and puzzling than anything else. I will survive.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2010, 10:05:47 AM »

bk and DR edisaurus - It sounds like last night's "Jews and Baseball" screening went very well despite the less than ideal "technical" conditions.  Hopefully you two will be able to get together later today after the LACCTAA event.

*bk - Do you need DR edisaurus' phone number? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2010, 10:06:18 AM »

I am so excited!! Today's junior prom, and I get to go with all my junior friends again!!! Hopefully it will be as fun as last year, but with out the set backs of las year as well. :D
That sounds like fun. Hope it was better than my prom. "Once, Twice, Three Times a Lady" was the only slow song the band knew. They played it 15 times.

The rest of the classic hits in their repertoire included "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy" and "Play That Funky Music, White Boy."

I never went to prom.  I helped decorate for the "Come Sail Away" theme

I never did, either. My boyfriend was a musician, and he told me that musicians don't dance. I think it was just that HE didn't dance!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2010, 10:07:02 AM »

bk - In your Notes you mentioned that you're going to have rehearsal for the next Gardenia show next Friday, the Friday after Thanksgiving. -Does "Black Friday" - and the resulting traffic - not exist in Los Angels? Just wondrin'.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2010, 10:08:17 AM »

I didn't go to either of my proms either. If I'm remembering correctly, I was playing for a production of Baby during my Junior Prom, and a production of Sweeney Todd during my Senior. Not a bad trade-off, I guess. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2010, 10:08:36 AM »

Hmmm, I'm sure Black Friday does exist, but I'm sure we'll be fine.  It's only twenty minutes per person.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2010, 10:09:22 AM »

edisaurus, I don't have your cell number, so call MY cell - our event is done at two and we could meet soon thereafter for a late lunch or later for an early dinner.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2010, 10:09:59 AM »

I thought of a couple of other questions for our panel.  I leave in about fifteen minutes, so if anyone has any good questions for directors, post them right now.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #117 on: November 20, 2010, 10:10:22 AM »

I can't believe how much that oaf gets on my nerves. Happy we won't have to hear about him anymore. But why is he so active at night? Shouldn't he be sleeping?

DR Jennifer - Well, if HHW can have Late Night Denizens, so can the City of New York - a.k.a. The City That Never Sleeps. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #118 on: November 20, 2010, 10:11:29 AM »

Hmmm, I'm sure Black Friday does exist, but I'm sure we'll be fine.  It's only twenty minutes per person.

Well, I guess you're not rehearsing near a shopping mall.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2010, 10:12:09 AM »

It sounds like it was, for the most part, a successful showing, Edi!  Congrats to all involved!

Thanks, George! Although it didn't look great (The Quad in NY screened in blu-ray, much better!) it was a nice crowd. That and Kenneth Turan's great review in the LA Times made us very happy!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up