Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: HOW TIRED ARE YOU?  (Read 19402 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: HOW TIRED ARE YOU?
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2010, 12:27:45 PM »

PAGE THREE!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2010, 12:35:14 PM »

We went e-book shopping today as a possible Christmas gift to me.

I thought I would like it but after trying it out

I HATE THE NOOK

It is absolutely non-user friendly and it's a huge pain in the butt to use. I've crossed it off my list. I'm still trying to find a Kindle that works at the Best Buy. The store on 23rd Street had two different models but they cannot get them to work and after screwing around with the Nook I don't want to buy one unless I can play with it and see how it works.

I do like the Sony eReader. I don't much care for the Literati or the Pandigital. The Kobo is OK but feels cheap.

We shall see.

Former DR David and I both love our Kindles.  I know that Ginny likes her Kindle, but I won't assign her rating to it.

Yes, Richard and I both love our Kindles - he has fallen head over heels for his, but I haven't spent enough time with mine yet.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2010, 12:51:57 PM »

Can everyone else see this picture?  All I see is a red X.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2010, 12:56:32 PM »

I can still see it.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2010, 01:41:14 PM »

DR edisaurus - You went to Bouchon?!?!? :) :) :) :)
I was wondering the same thing, the Bouchon in Napa?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2010, 01:44:44 PM »

I see that Bouchon has branched out. I have been to the one in Napa twice and didn't care for it either time. Ad Hoc was much, much better. Friendlier, too.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2010, 01:46:42 PM »

I see a blue question mark.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2010, 01:47:29 PM »

Good morning, al!! I was up at 5:05 instead of waiting for thr 5:30 alarm. I'm on my first cup of coffee. Around 6:30, I'll walk over to the bank and get some travel cash, come back here and finalize the packing, and make the bed. I don't want to walk too much around the apartment and possibly disturb the wonderful neighbor below me. Once the bed is made, I'll turn off the computer and head out.

I am excited about the vacation for several reasons:
  1. I have eight days away from the Oaf!
  2. I'm very much looking forward to seeing the few friends I have left in Ohio
  3. I love going over to Miami University
  4. I have eight days away from the Oaf!
  5. I'm looking forward to seeing a few cousins and other relatives
  6. Can't wait to see my  nephew, nieces, and grandnephews and grandnieces
  7. I have eight days away from the Oaf! 
  8. I love my sister-in-law's cooking
  9. The Macbeths are out of town
  10. I have eight days away from the Oaf!

Don't forget eight days away from The Oaf!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2010, 01:47:36 PM »

Good Afternoon!

It was still nice to see some color - well leaves - left on the trees in Central Park. Although, I do have to say that the gingko trees are quite odoriferous this year. P!U!
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2010, 01:50:46 PM »

Greetings from Ohio! No pat-down at LaGuardia; only American Airlines has it, so US Air is still on the old "put shoes, all metal objectsin the basket" scan.

I've been to the pharmacy for Claritin D for my allergies to the dogs, been brought up to date with my family, and Jo and I are watching movies on the Lifetime "all men are scum"  Channel.

Thanks for the vibes! I like my rental car, a Nissan.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2010, 01:53:09 PM »

I see that Bouchon has branched out. I have been to the one in Napa twice and didn't care for it either time. Ad Hoc was much, much better. Friendlier, too.

DR JohnG - Yep, Keller expanded to Beverly Hills. -And I do love Bouchon Bakery here in NYC at the Time-Warner Center - although, I'm still puzzled by the policy of not selling the baked good available from the bakery counter in the adjoining cafe area. ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2010, 01:53:41 PM »

Greetings from Ohio! No pat-down at LaGuardia; only American Airlines has it, so US Air is still on the old "put shoes, all metal objectsin the basket" scan.

I've been to the pharmacy for Claritin D for my allergies to the dogs, been brought up to date with my family, and Jo and I are watching movies on the Lifetime "all men are scum"  Channel.

Thanks for the vibes! I like my rental car, a Nissan.

Welcome back to Ohio, DR elmore!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2010, 01:55:20 PM »

I can still see it.

I can't either.

DR Jane - The image file is cached - and "sourced" - from your computer. The URL you're linking to do is directly from an email message, not a public site.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2010, 01:57:38 PM »

Over and over I see the cute kitten.   TCB it is the last kitten on the page you sent me and appears to be separate from the rest of the photos.  I tried finding it on the internet and so far haven't had any luck.  I did find this cutie.

Jane

« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2010, 01:59:28 PM »

I can still see it.

I can't either.

DR Jane - The image file is cached - and "sourced" - from your computer. The URL you're linking to do is directly from an email message, not a public site.

Thanks Jose.  It looked like the link I copied was from a public site and I can see it.  Why does it only work for me?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2010, 02:12:16 PM »

I can still see it.

I can't either.

Thanks Jose.  It looked like the link I copied was from a public site and I can see it.  Why does it only work for me?

Because it's still in your cache.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2010, 02:13:51 PM »

I wonder if I would like a kindle (or similar item).  I just really like holding books! Maybe I should try one at a store.

Jennifer

« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2010, 02:15:50 PM »

I am going out for chinese food. I wish it was time to go because I am starving.  Funny but I was going out for dinner with my aunt and uncle. And I chose chinese. I knew my sister was probably going out for her husband's birthday. But didn't know where they would go. It turns out they chose the same place. Not sure if they were going to invite us before (he doesn't really like big dinners). It sort of sounded like they were going to. But since we were all going to the same place we are all going together.

The good part is that my aunt wanted to go at 7pm. I wanted to go at 6pm. But since my sis was going at 6:15pm that is the time we will go for.

Jennifer

« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2010, 02:17:52 PM »

I felt so bad. My niece called me at 11:30am and asked if i could come over to help her make a bead necklace she had gotten as a loot bag that morning. Except when I got there my niece was crying hysterically and she was told that she would not be allowed to play beads at all today. She had dropped the case on the floor and all the beads had fallen out.

I know my sister had told her not to touch it. But I"m just easy like that. I would still have let her play with the beads. So she spent 15 minutes crying her little eyes out. She was so upset because she had wanted to play with them so much. :(

Jennifer

« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2010, 02:18:42 PM »

I only see a red x.

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2010, 02:19:04 PM »

I hope that i'll be home in time to watch The Amazing Race. Oh well it won't hurt if I start a bit late.

Jennifer

« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2010, 02:19:43 PM »

What happens to ice cream in the fridge. I know if you leave it out it would turn into soup. But does it stay at all ice cream like. Or does it become completely inedible?

Jennifer

« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2010, 02:21:53 PM »

I went to the dollar store because i ran out of scrapbooking tape/glue. Unfortunately they didn't have any. There are 5 or 6 versions of this store in a few mile radius. So i decided to go to another one. I have 20 scrapbooking pages all over my dining room table. So i really needed the tape/glue. Luckily the second store had it.

They do sell some interesting Christmas stuff at the dollar store. I got my niece a bunch of Christmas book and 1 even had a cd (for a dollar). You can't beat that.

John G.

« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2010, 02:33:55 PM »

What happens to ice cream in the fridge. I know if you leave it out it would turn into soup. But does it stay at all ice cream like. Or does it become completely inedible?
It becomes soft. Wanna try milkshakes?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2010, 02:35:33 PM »

DR JohnG - Yep, Keller expanded to Beverly Hills. -And I do love Bouchon Bakery here in NYC at the Time-Warner Center - although, I'm still puzzled by the policy of not selling the baked good available from the bakery counter in the adjoining cafe area. ???
One of the many, many irritating things at Bouchon. They do the same in Napa.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2010, 02:57:11 PM »

Delivered CDs and must now eat something.  I also wrote the blurb for tomorrow's announcement, and will shortly choose the audio samples and get those off.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2010, 03:05:11 PM »

Pasta! It's what was for dinner!

YUM!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2010, 03:06:05 PM »

And now...

I'm off to one more vocal recital tonight that a friend of mine is accompanying. Should be a nice variety of musical theatre and classical selections.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2010, 03:07:16 PM »

I can't either.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Because it's still in your cache.
[/quote]

Now I understand, barely ;D

Jane

« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2010, 03:13:52 PM »

I felt so bad. My niece called me at 11:30am and asked if i could come over to help her make a bead necklace she had gotten as a loot bag that morning. Except when I got there my niece was crying hysterically and she was told that she would not be allowed to play beads at all today. She had dropped the case on the floor and all the beads had fallen out.

I know my sister had told her not to touch it. But I"m just easy like that. I would still have let her play with the beads. So she spent 15 minutes crying her little eyes out. She was so upset because she had wanted to play with them so much. :(

The nice easy aunt, not wonder your niece loves you so much ;) 

I think your sister is right if she said don't touch.  She is being at least as hard on herself as on your niece.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up