Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A BROADWAY LOVE STORY  (Read 14311 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
A BROADWAY LOVE STORY
« on: November 23, 2010, 12:05:25 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were both Broadway and a love story and also long, and now it is time for you to post until the Broadway cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: A BROADWAY LOVE STORY
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 12:06:09 AM »

And the word of the day is: ENSPIRIT!

Ben

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 01:40:01 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ginny

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 04:51:36 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  I'm up early to meet my friend Becky for coffee, with a stop at the post office on the way there and a stop at the garden center on my way back.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 04:52:03 AM »

DR Jose - thanks for the congrads from last night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 04:53:09 AM »

DR Cillaliz - Skating with the Stars was kind of silly, definitely a guilty pleasure.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 05:14:21 AM »

And the word of the day is: ENSPIRIT!

And The Song Of The Day Is :   TO LIFE

Kerry

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 05:17:22 AM »

Yes, Broadway Love Story is a very good CD.  I haven't played the whole thing for awhile, so I'll have to dig it out.  I'm glad you reminded me.
I like boat races.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 05:49:06 AM »

I saw ALICE IN WONDERLAND when it first came out on DVD.

I was really enjoying it until she fell down the rabbit hole, then story was replaced by CGI.

:(
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 05:52:34 AM »

I watched an excellent movie last night, one of the best I've seen thus far this year.

It's a black comedy called LEAVES OF GRASS, and it stars Edward Norton in a dual role. 

The movie features Tim Blake Nelson, who also directed, Keri Russell, Richard Dreyfuss and Susan Sarandon.

It's very reminiscent of the Coen Brothers' movies.
You can dream…or you can do.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 06:10:17 AM »

TOD:

Mama Told Me Not To Come
I Think It's Going To Rain Today
Louisana 1927
Sail Away
Short People
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 06:13:58 AM »

Tuesday.

Glad to hear all of the Good News yesterday.....lots of nice things happening....traveling, homecoming, animals.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2010, 06:14:25 AM »

DR VIXMOM the Viking movie wasn't colorized.....it was in original two-strip Technicolor.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 06:15:48 AM »

Yes, Broadway Love Story is a very good CD.  I haven't played the whole thing for awhile, so I'll have to dig it out.  I'm glad you reminded me.
My thoughts exactly.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2010, 06:16:37 AM »

Morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2010, 06:17:35 AM »

TOD: I don't really know enough of Randy Newman's work to have favorites, but I did like the songs from the first two "Toy Story" movies.
― Voltaire

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2010, 07:20:17 AM »

BK, love the story about A Broadway Love Story.  Next queston is: How does one acquire a copy of  this?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2010, 07:25:05 AM »

Good morning, all! I survived my trip to Miami University although I'm sure I've infected everyone I met with this cold. Yesterday, I felt terrible, but today, after 10 hours of sleep, I'm feeling pretty good.

I arrived in Oxford around 10:45yesterday morning, went to the Theatre Dept office for a visitor's parking pass, and then spent an hour in the Music Library looking at Appalachian folk song collections and talking to Barry, the librarian, who's taking my manuscripts into the library's collection.

At 11:50, I met Liz Mullenix, director of the MU Theatre program and we drove uptown to meet Janet Stuckey for lunch. Janet is the MU Library peron in Special Collections who's receiving all of the things I'm shipping. There is one crisis: they don't want a ton of books I've sent because of financial crises in the Ohio State educationbal system where the fools keep pouring the money into athletics while removing funding elsewhere. So, part of this is downsizing linbraries. I don't understand exactly what's going on, but the school libraries can no longer possess multiple copies of books, so a lot of books on Sondheim, Weill, musical theatre, etc. that are already in the collection are being rejected. I don't know how this bodes with signed editions, since a lot of books are signed, so I need to call Janet and address that issue.

After lunch, I met Janet at the library, she showed me what's been done so far with what I've sent and I spent the afternoon going through two cartons of questions: one was a simple "toss it out" response and the other was a filled box of correspondence. So I went through the items, commenting on who was the sender, how they related to my life, and Janet wants me to begin a history of these people as a reference guide.

After that, I met Liz and Gion of the Theatre Dept  with a few students  and a new acting teacher, my friend Steve Wilson, whom several years ago I tried to bring in to audition for the NYMF production of The Brain From Planet X, but he was on tour  playing the Dick Van Dyke role in CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG (bringing up yesterday's Sherman Brothers). This year I tried to land him the role of Nicky Arnstein for the Lyric Stage of Dallas' production of FUNNY GIRL, but he was playing Superman in a production at Cincinnati's Playhouse In The Park! It was a really good visit, and I had a lot of fun.

I got back here, feeling poorly, watched tv with Jo, and went to bed around 10.

Today, I've got to call some friends and I need to purchase a new watchband, although I have no idea where. DR Ginny, any advice?

DR cillaliz, are you sure that Bristol Palin's "surprise envelope" wasn't prompted by her vicious homophobic coments on Facebook? A rotten apple doesn't fall far from a rotten, narrow-minded redneck tree.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 07:31:15 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2010, 07:33:22 AM »

BK, love the story about A Broadway Love Story.  Next queston is: How does one acquire a copy of  this?

DR CharlesPogue, go to Amazion.com, look up Christianne Noll, and on the album's info, you will find several (13 at the moment) used copies through Amazon marketplace, which is where I pick up the out of print copies I hand out as demos. I usually get the "Used-Like New" or "Used-Very Good" items since everything I did with BK is OP now. Check the vendor's rating as well.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 07:35:14 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2010, 07:36:52 AM »

I missed commenting on a lot of things yesterday, but I can send vibes!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Continued Good Holiday Vibes this week to all DRs! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MBarnum

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2010, 07:49:46 AM »

DR Elmore, I think it was Bristol's little sis who made the comments on Facebook.

MBarnum

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2010, 07:50:47 AM »

DR Edisaurus, I am totally thrilled that you film will be coming to Portland!! I will be even more totally thrilled if you come to Portland, as well!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2010, 08:52:12 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And even though I probably should have stayed in bed for another hour or two, I just didn't feel like it. ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2010, 08:53:57 AM »

Alas, I'm still a bit sinus-y, but I guess I am feeling better. Strangely enough, I also feeling like fasting today, like I should fast today. We shall see. ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2010, 08:55:38 AM »

DR CharlesPogue, go to Amazion.com, look up Christianne Noll, and on the album's info, you will find several (13 at the moment) used copies through Amazon marketplace, which is where I pick up the out of print copies I hand out as demos. I usually get the "Used-Like New" or "Used-Very Good" items since everything I did with BK is OP now. Check the vendor's rating as well.

DR elmore - "AmaZion.com"?  Hmmm... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2010, 08:57:26 AM »

DR elmore - It sounds like you had quite a full day at MU. I hope you're feeling better today, and that none of the people you were in contact with yesterday are feeling worse today. ;)

*Steve Wilson was also in Lestat.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2010, 09:00:12 AM »

Oh...

My parents are going to CostCo...

And I need underwear and socks, so... ;)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2010, 09:13:27 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - weird dreams - not bad weird, but WEIRD.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2010, 09:13:42 AM »

Not as WEIRD as being on page one at this hour.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2010, 09:14:34 AM »

If anyone needs any of the albums I produced elsewhere, ask, because I still have copies here of some of them.  We did a sale here about two years ago that was quite popular with the populace.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up