Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A BROADWAY LOVE STORY  (Read 14357 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: A BROADWAY LOVE STORY
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2010, 04:07:06 PM »

I hope we hear from him soon.

Tom just called!  He's fine and dandy..for the most part.  His power went off last night at about 6:30 (I think), so he went to bed.  It came on this morning and he went into work.  He's home now and said that he'll log-in sometime tonight. :)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 04:08:49 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #121 on: November 23, 2010, 04:10:06 PM »

Tom just called!  He's fine and dandy..for the most part.  His power went off last night at about 6:30 (I think), so he went to bed.  It came on this morning and he went into work.  He's home now and said that he'll log-in sometime tonight. :)

:) :) :) :) :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #122 on: November 23, 2010, 04:10:23 PM »

Thanks for the good news :)

Laura

« Reply #123 on: November 23, 2010, 04:18:11 PM »

Good news!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #124 on: November 23, 2010, 04:23:50 PM »

Great news.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #125 on: November 23, 2010, 04:29:09 PM »

John I wish we could trade.  There was a lot more snow this morning and it is snowing again now.  I bet Craig wishes we had asked him to walk to the mailbox earlier.  He needs waterproof shoes.   I would have gone if I could walk.
I don't know that I would trade for that. I don't even like snow in Christmas movies. It comes from living too long in upstate New York. It snowed one June and I moved shortly thereafter to Florida. I'm staying south. Maybe I'd trade if you were in Rio.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #126 on: November 23, 2010, 04:32:15 PM »

DR George - thanks for checking on DR TCB and reporting back to us!  It will be good to see him this evening.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #127 on: November 23, 2010, 04:36:26 PM »

John I wish we could trade.  There was a lot more snow this morning and it is snowing again now.  I bet Craig wishes we had asked him to walk to the mailbox earlier.  He needs waterproof shoes.   I would have gone if I could walk.
I don't know that I would trade for that. I don't even like snow in Christmas movies. It comes from living too long in upstate New York. It snowed one June and I moved shortly thereafter to Florida. I'm staying south. Maybe I'd trade if you were in Rio.

LOL.   I remember the April, in Massachusetts, Bryan made a snow bunny and we were all thrilled to have snow.  The neighbors were very annoyed with our enthusiasm and said "just wait a few years".  At the time I didn't believe them. 

John G.

« Reply #128 on: November 23, 2010, 04:40:31 PM »

A few of the dishes I bought in Mexico. There may be massacres across the border -- the day before we went to Matamoros, 58 people were killed., But did that stop me from going to buy liquor and dishes? No. Although the story of more dying the day we were there and even more on the day after -- well, that stopped me from going back from Matamoros, but not Progresso, which is more stable. And had really good deals on dishes. And liquor.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #129 on: November 23, 2010, 04:42:17 PM »

Beautiful, DR John G!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #130 on: November 23, 2010, 04:42:51 PM »

The dishes are beautiful.  What liquor did you purchase?

Ginny

« Reply #131 on: November 23, 2010, 04:44:42 PM »

We are watching the DN Lauren show Miami/Temple football game on ESPN2.  Miami just scored a touchdown, but missed the extra point.  I hate when that happens.

John G.

« Reply #132 on: November 23, 2010, 04:45:45 PM »

The dishes are beautiful.  What liquor did you purchase?
A bottle of reposado tequila on one trip, a bottle of Chambord (largely to cook with) on another. The third trip I picked up a gift for a friend: It was Controy, the Mexican version of Cointreau. You can't buy it in this country because of the trademark infringement with the name, but the flavor is much better. It's a brighter, fresher orange flavor. It's also less expensive, even if you have drive six hours to get to the border. Controy makes a wicked margarita.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #133 on: November 23, 2010, 04:51:08 PM »

Yum tequila, as long as it doesn't have a worm in it.  I'm not a fan of liqueurs, wicked margarita's YES :)

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #134 on: November 23, 2010, 04:54:43 PM »

Just read that British actress Ingrid Pitt has died. I was never a big fan of hers, but I certainly saw a lot of her Hammer Studios horror flicks as a kid.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5gfVLx30jNgiWVouzIXsJWp7E_E3g?docId=N0236661290537231485A

Remember her in Where Eagles Dare.

Sorry to hear that. 

We corresponded a few years back re: some project. 

I don't recall what it was.
You can dream…or you can do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: November 23, 2010, 05:03:51 PM »

Back from visiting my cousin.  Mostly it was a few people who'd been at the service.  I missed some people like Ruta Lee, who apparently was wearing some sort of huge hat - to which we all need to respond: Does anyone still wear a hat?  The answer is a resounding yes, Ruta Lee-wise.  I'm told the service was very nice - I was also told that my ex-wife was there - it was predictable, and rather than get the usual withering looks from her I'm glad I wasn't.  The only time the withering looks weren't in evidence was when her father died and I went to that funeral - she knows all too well how I feel about funerals, so the fact that I came was meaningful to her.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: November 23, 2010, 05:06:56 PM »

Edisaurus, PM me your e-mail address and I'll get you what you need.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: November 23, 2010, 05:08:21 PM »

I always enjoy seeing cousin Lori and her husband Zach.  I'll be having lunch with Lori, who wants a copy of my latest book.  My cousin Dodo (Laurie's mother) looks good and seems healthy and her husband Marvin also looks good, although he's using a walker right now - he told me it is his intention to get rid of it asap.

Jane

« Reply #138 on: November 23, 2010, 05:09:36 PM »

My siblings ex's were at both my parent's funerals and my sister's.

Jane

« Reply #139 on: November 23, 2010, 05:10:25 PM »

Bruce I'm glad your visit with your family was enjoyable.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #140 on: November 23, 2010, 05:20:40 PM »

Alas, I'm still a bit sinus-y, but I guess I am feeling better. Strangely enough, I also feeling like fasting today, like I should fast today. We shall see. ???

Why don't you fast on Thursday?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #141 on: November 23, 2010, 05:24:34 PM »

George, thank you for letting us know about TCB.  I knew there were power outages in his area.  Glad to hear he is safe!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: November 23, 2010, 05:26:21 PM »

I'm now getting tons of e-mails from people who "just" heard about Carrie.  I really don't know how to get the word out any more than what we do, which is, of course, easier and more worldwide than was ever possible back in the day thanks to the Internet. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #143 on: November 23, 2010, 05:29:40 PM »

If anyone needs any of the albums I produced elsewhere, ask, because I still have copies here of some of them.  We did a sale here about two years ago that was quite popular with the populace.

I don't suppose that you still have a copy of PETER PAN for sale.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2010, 05:32:52 PM »

I'm sure I do, actually - drop me an e-mail and I'll look.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #145 on: November 23, 2010, 05:41:02 PM »

From Edi:
JMK, MBarnum, George! JEWS AND BASEBALL is coming to Portland on April 3rd!

Darn, I am pretty sure I can't go to Portland in April.  Will you be there? 

Why?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: November 23, 2010, 05:46:42 PM »

I am back from a very long coffee visit with Becky and my errands.

DR Elmore - you might try Edgewood Jewelers (ask Jo, it's in a strip behind UDF in Trenton) for your watch band.  One of the jewelers there is Don Miller, owner of the former Miller Jewelry here in Middletown, where Richard and I bought our wedding rings.  Or Target - that's where Richard finds bands for his watch.

Becky and My Errands sounds like a 60's girl group.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #147 on: November 23, 2010, 05:49:27 PM »

I am back from a very long coffee visit with Becky and my errands.

DR Elmore - you might try Edgewood Jewelers (ask Jo, it's in a strip behind UDF in Trenton) for your watch band.  One of the jewelers there is Don Miller, owner of the former Miller Jewelry here in Middletown, where Richard and I bought our wedding rings.  Or Target - that's where Richard finds bands for his watch.

Becky and My Errands sounds like a 60's girl group.

Well, Becky and I have been friends since the 70s and have done many errands together!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: November 23, 2010, 05:51:21 PM »

It was really hard not to load up a plate of food while I was at my cousin's - they had all my aunt's favorites - chopped liver, herring in sour cream (both of the latter are the best you'd ever eat), coldcuts and all sorts of other goodies.  I knew I had dinner to do so I just couldn't go there.  Instead, I had three almonds and one chocolate covered raisin.

John G.

« Reply #149 on: November 23, 2010, 05:54:54 PM »

Yum tequila, as long as it doesn't have a worm in it.  I'm not a fan of liqueurs, wicked margarita's YES :)
Tequila shouldn't have a worm in it. Mescal does. Different drink.

I use a lot of liqueurs in cooking. Too sweet for sipping in my book.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up