Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TOO MUCH FOOD OR THE EXPLODING ME  (Read 16956 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: TOO MUCH FOOD OR THE EXPLODING ME
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2010, 09:48:42 AM »

OH!!!

PAGE THREE
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2010, 09:58:08 AM »

The tree guys have finally arrived a mere several weeks after they were supposed to.  I don't think I want to watch them climbing these behemoths to trim them back from the house.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2010, 10:00:56 AM »

And...

I think I'm going to attempt to get of the house on my own for a bit. I think the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts will be a good place to start.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2010, 10:19:47 AM »

Cousins From Scranton

That is the name of my new must see TV SitCom

I thought that was the sequel to BOYS FROM SYRACUSE?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2010, 10:25:11 AM »

Good morning, all! Jo is vacuuming and I am on my first cup of coffee. Her dinner yesterday was immense and quite wonderful, with both - as my mom always prepared - ham and turkey. She and Randy will have leftovers for several days.

So today is a quiet one until 4:00 when I meet with Tim Lewis, the realtro I tried to use to sell the property earlier in the year. Randy is furious and refuses to meet with him and he has told Jo that she can't go with me. So, since this route appears futile, I'm thinking of telling my brothers that I will give them six months to prove to me they're actively trying to sell the property or I will sue them. Perhaps they will finally buy me out?

After that, a visit with DR Ginny and Richard.

Sounds as though everyone's Thanksgiving was a nice one. I"m happy that Yogi was rescued from his ice flow like Eliza in UNCLE TOM"S CABIN. I liked your Promises Promises story, BK.

Eliza has never been in my cabin!  That was a false and verry ugly story that was planted in the National Enquirer.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2010, 10:25:33 AM »

From Cilla:
But soon Yogi and Boo Boo will be in a theater near you in 3-D.

LOL-Now I get JMK's joke.  Can you tell I didn't watch the show?

Jane

« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2010, 10:37:54 AM »

DR Elmore I absolutely do not understand why your brother refuses to use a realtor?  The property has been unsold for so long. Since you don't get out there that often I would totally meet with the realtor. You are in need of money. And they are being ridiculous. How do they think it is going to sell?  I think that they should either buy you out or let you have some say.

Jennifer a rational person will agree with you, however since his brother's continue not to be rational about this there isn't much meeting with the realtor will accomplish. 

Ginny

« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2010, 10:40:04 AM »

Back from Kathryn's, where I bought several pieces of Vera in a newly-discontinued print.  Not things I really needed, but consider them my cardiac rehab graduation present.  Now for some lunch - leftovers from last night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2010, 10:41:17 AM »

I'm going to attempt to walk Sherlock.  We both need the exercise.

Jennifer

« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2010, 10:44:03 AM »

re: old navy and DR John's comments about the movie theatre offering $50 giftcards for $10.

I can't remember exactly but Old Navy did something similar for Boxing Day here last year. They advertised that people would get giftcards (i forget for how much) and then when we got there and waited in line for an hour or two they said that they only had 10 or some ridiculous thing!

I think these things are always very limited. And you can only get them if you arrive in the middle of the night!

Jennifer

« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2010, 10:46:36 AM »

DR Elmore I absolutely do not understand why your brother refuses to use a realtor?  The property has been unsold for so long. Since you don't get out there that often I would totally meet with the realtor. You are in need of money. And they are being ridiculous. How do they think it is going to sell?  I think that they should either buy you out or let you have some say.

Jennifer a rational person will agree with you, however since his brother's continue not to be rational about this there isn't much meeting with the realtor will accomplish. 

Yah but one brother is at least semi-rational. So talk it out with him. I don't get why he would not want to include a realtor after all this time. If he wanted to sell it on his own he had 3 years. Each brother has the right to try to sell it. Maybe i'm missing something. But i do not get why he is so mad at DR Elmore for trying to sell the property.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2010, 11:05:59 AM »

Hello, everyone.

Nice book review, Bruce. I hope it helps to sell copies.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2010, 11:07:05 AM »

I have some online shopping to do, then a short drive to Staples.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2010, 11:07:45 AM »

The LA weather continues to be gorgeous--clear blues skies and cool. I like it.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2010, 11:09:15 AM »

TOD:

NIGHT OF THE HUNTER
ANATOMY OF A MURDER
ENIGMA (next up)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2010, 11:09:29 AM »

TTFN.

Cillaliz

« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2010, 12:33:31 PM »

Back from Kathryn's, where I bought several pieces of Vera in a newly-discontinued print.  Not things I really needed, but consider them my cardiac rehab graduation present.  Now for some lunch - leftovers from last night!

DR Ginny, have you ever taken a photo of your Vera collection?   I'd love to see it

Ginny

« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2010, 12:46:09 PM »

DR Ginny, have you ever taken a photo of your Vera collection?   I'd love to see it

LOL, DR Cillaliz!  I'm almost afraid to spread it all out at once.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2010, 12:47:55 PM »

I just purchased Ann Hampton Callaway's "Yes, Virginia..." song from iTunes.

Ginny

« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2010, 12:59:29 PM »

DR Cillaliz, here's one photo I took when I was going to Columbus to meet my online Vera friends and we were having a contest to see who could carry the most VB.  Since I was packing for overnight, I won, hands down!

Ginny

« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2010, 01:00:51 PM »

And, here's another collection - a favorite style that, of course, they don't make any more.  Oh, and I've added one since this photo was taken...

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2010, 01:35:13 PM »

Peter Filichia likes Bruce! Here is an excerpt from his column today:

On to books. Bruce Kimmel’s delightful and sobering “There’s Mel, There’s Woody, and There’s You” should be read by everyone who wants a career in any facet of show business. Kimmel details a life of so-near-yet-so-far-ism, where making wrong decisions had so many unforeseen ramifications (for such projects as The First Nudie Musical) . We meet a number of executives who love Kimmel when he’s hot but suddenly are unreachable when he’s not. Along the way, there are plenty of if-I-knew-then-what-I-know-now situations, and yet Kimmel always tells his story with good humor and in a breezy conversational style.

Here is the full column. It's got suggestions on theatre-related gifts for the holidays

All Good Gifts

Very nice, BK!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2010, 01:40:58 PM »

Nice bags, Ginny!  Very colorful!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2010, 01:41:30 PM »

DR Ginny, have you ever taken a photo of your Vera collection?   I'd love to see it

;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2010, 01:43:06 PM »

Thanks Ginny, you mention when you get them, but it's fun to see them too!

Cillaliz

« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2010, 01:47:04 PM »

Recliner has been delivered from Affordable Furniture.  It's not the best recliner I've ever seen, but it has really good back support, so I'm glad I got it.  I tried to move the futon into the bedroom and unless I take the whole thing apart, I dont' think it's going to get out of the office.  So, I'm going to leave it in the office.  If someone wants to sleep in the den, they can sleep on an air mattress.  I can't figure out why I'm stressing about having a place in this room to sleep.  I've had guests for a total of 7 nights in the past 4 1/2 years.  Somehow, I don't think it's going to be a big deal

George

« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2010, 01:57:29 PM »

Recliner has been delivered from Affordable Furniture.  It's not the best recliner I've ever seen, but it has really good back support, so I'm glad I got it.  I tried to move the futon into the bedroom and unless I take the whole thing apart, I dont' think it's going to get out of the office.  So, I'm going to leave it in the office.  If someone wants to sleep in the den, they can sleep on an air mattress.  I can't figure out why I'm stressing about having a place in this room to sleep.  I've had guests for a total of 7 nights in the past 4 1/2 years.  Somehow, I don't think it's going to be a big deal

Congrats on the new recliner, Cilla.  Back support is important...I work with a woman who has back problems and anytime that she has trouble sleeping, she'll sleep on her recliner because it fits just the right way when she needs it. 

Jane

« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2010, 02:08:00 PM »

Yah but one brother is at least semi-rational. So talk it out with him. I don't get why he would not want to include a realtor after all this time. If he wanted to sell it on his own he had 3 years. Each brother has the right to try to sell it. Maybe i'm missing something. But i do not get why he is so mad at DR Elmore for trying to sell the property.

When the majority vote counts, or even when it doesn't, odds are a sibling will cave to the bully vs the nice sibling & hope for understanding from the nice sibling.  Just be glad you don't have enough personal experience to comprehend this.  The semi-rational brother is the one being bullied & is simply trying to cope with the situation the best he can, plus he doesn't need the money which still might not be enough motivation to go against the bully.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2010, 02:08:37 PM »

;D  It would be fun to see.

Jane

« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2010, 02:09:28 PM »

DR Cillaliz, here's one photo I took when I was going to Columbus to meet my online Vera friends and we were having a contest to see who could carry the most VB.  Since I was packing for overnight, I won, hands down!

I didn't expect you to be so coordinated. :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up