Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: NEIL SIMON  (Read 15431 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: NEIL SIMON
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2010, 12:57:57 PM »

I just put the turkeyinthe ovenbut I suspect it should have been in more than an hour ago .... ah well - we shalleat fashionably late

11 PM is fashionable, ain't it?

I believe "ovenbutt" has two "t"'s.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2010, 12:59:48 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  We are back from Lima, with stops at the Dayton post office to mail a birthday card that has to be delivered by Tuesday and at Kroger, which was very busy.   Is there a snowstorm predicted?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2010, 01:33:49 PM »

RE: Neil Simon

What is it that Woody Allen said?

"Those who can't do, teach...and those who can't teach, teach gym."

It's pretty much the same way with critics, isn't it?

When I was in college (to become a teacher...which I didn't, by the way), one of my education instructors told us the saying:

"Those who can, do.
Those who can't, teach.
Those who can't teach, teach teachers to teach.
"

:D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2010, 01:34:44 PM »

I just put the turkeyinthe ovenbut I suspect it should have been in more than an hour ago .... ah well - we shalleat fashionably late

11 PM is fashionable, ain't it?

I believe "ovenbutt" has two "t"'s.   ;D

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2010, 01:35:53 PM »

:D

vixmom

« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2010, 01:36:41 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  We are back from Lima, with stops at the Dayton post office to mail a birthday card that has to be delivered by Tuesday and at Kroger, which was very busy.   Is there a snowstorm predicted?

not here (as far as I know)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2010, 01:38:35 PM »

Thanks, Jane and JRand. Apparently they are very gentle creatures. They certainly didn't seem to mind all the kids. (Big kids, too.)
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2010, 01:41:33 PM »

I think some of the gripes about Neil Simon stem from what Hollywood has done to him, stuff like "Slugger's Wife" and "The Marrying Man." Even some of the adaptations have failed to make the transition well from stage to screen, but why pick on him if it works in the theater as opposed to film that somebody else has made?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2010, 01:53:16 PM »

Thanks, Jane and JRand. Apparently they are very gentle creatures. They certainly didn't seem to mind all the kids. (Big kids, too.)

Your scene was so pastoral.

Yesterday I received an Email with a picture of a nice six-point buck.

My grandson was showing him off  in the back of my son-in-laws pick up.

Grandpa will dine this winter

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ginny

« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2010, 01:55:14 PM »

Thank you to DRs George, Vixmom, and JRand for the birthday wishes for my Mom.  I suspect she's taking it easy today.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2010, 02:00:40 PM »

I would like to get dressed. But will probably wait until my other niece and sister come back from swim class. Hopefully my niece won't have had another meltdown. For some reason she get "stomach aches" when she goes swimming.

This teacher is quite hard on them.  The odd part is that she had gone for 2 years to the same pool with her daycare class and thrived. But this session she's been having problems. Even though she can swim the width of the pool she psychs herself out! Hope it won't be a nightmare today.

If she is getting stomach aches chances are she is swallowing air and/or water as she swims.  I can have a tendency to do this.

No, she gets the "stomach aches" before she starts swimming cause she thinks then the teacher will baby her.

Jennifer

« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2010, 02:03:21 PM »

Elmore areRandy & McBeth reluctant to employ a realtor because of the commission cost?  Or do they want to wait for the depressed real estate market to rebound so the property will be worth more?

They do not want to pay a commission, but the realtor I spoke to says they won't see anything remotely close to what they wanted for 5-6 years. I want a realtor for the simple reason that someone will then be promoting the sale of the property. The two blockheads are doing next to nothing. It's all been JoAnn's work so far.

With constant articles, at least I've seen them, the housing market will improve in 2011 your brother's might not want to believe the realtor, plus believing also demonstrates how wrong they were not to sell back when they should have.

No matter how right you are, and have been all along, it seems you are fighting a losing battle.  They obviously don't need the money as much as you do and have no wish to buy you out.  If they do agree to buy you out I expect it will be for a lot less than you might get if you wait until the property sells.

From what you are saying I fear next you will lose the close relationship you have with Randy and the property will still be unsold.  Does Randy understand how important the sale of this is to you financially & the reason you continue to talk to the realtor against his wishes?  Without apologizing maybe he will accept your reasons if he understand your motivation and not be angry at you anymore.

i agree with DR Jane. But I still don't get why your brothers don't want a realtor. Don't they realize that most people use one. And if they don't want to use one then they need to actively try to sell.  Why are they worried about the commission when they've seen nothing for years.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2010, 02:07:10 PM »

Even some of the adaptations have failed to make the transition well from stage to screen...

But, fortunately, most have - I suspect he has a better stage-to-screen success batting average than most playwrights.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2010, 02:14:05 PM »

i agree with DR Jane. But I still don't get why your brothers don't want a realtor. Don't they realize that most people use one. And if they don't want to use one then they need to actively try to sell.  Why are they worried about the commission when they've seen nothing for years.

You and Jane are making the same mistake - trying to solve a long term festering sibling rivalry with logic, reason, or common sense rarely works.

der Brucer

Cillaliz

« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2010, 02:38:31 PM »

The Oregonian addressed the entrapment issue today and called it a non-starter for a whole slew of reasons, though they said the guy's defense attorneys will still probably make a go for it.

I agree it's a nonstarter.  Depends on what else happened though.  There may be other issues that may lead to suppression of the evidence

Cillaliz

« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2010, 02:40:12 PM »

You and Jane are making the same mistake - trying to solve a long term festering sibling rivalry with logic, reason, or common sense rarely works.

der Brucer

Tell me about it

Cillaliz

« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2010, 02:42:19 PM »

Had a great day with mom and dad.  I showed them what I was doing with my house.  They love the den, mom said she would live in there.  We discussed colors, not sure what I'll do, but have decided no couch or futon or other sleeping furniture in there.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2010, 02:42:19 PM »

Your scene was so pastoral.

Yesterday I received an Email with a picture of a nice six-point buck.

My grandson was showing him off  in the back of my son-in-laws pick up.

Grandpa will dine this winter

der Brucer

No comment.

Jane

« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2010, 02:43:35 PM »

I would like to get dressed. But will probably wait until my other niece and sister come back from swim class. Hopefully my niece won't have had another meltdown. For some reason she get "stomach aches" when she goes swimming.

This teacher is quite hard on them.  The odd part is that she had gone for 2 years to the same pool with her daycare class and thrived. But this session she's been having problems. Even though she can swim the width of the pool she psychs herself out! Hope it won't be a nightmare today.

If she is getting stomach aches chances are she is swallowing air and/or water as she swims.  I can have a tendency to do this.

No, she gets the "stomach aches" before she starts swimming cause she thinks then the teacher will baby her.

Awww, completely different story.  I often wasn't believed I was really having a stomach ache.  I believe it was my 2nd grade teacher who learned the hard way (all over the tables) I wasn't making them up. ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2010, 02:43:58 PM »

Then we went to Olvie Garden,  Mom had Eggplant Parmagiana with no cheese, lol.  "One eggplant parmigiana, hold the parmigiana please"  Dad had it with the parmigiana and I had the mixed grill.  It was yummy. 

Jane

« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2010, 02:44:51 PM »

der Brucer

That is my point, there is no logic and I'm concerned if DR elmore does not find a way to let this go the situation will only get worse.

Cillaliz

« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2010, 02:45:27 PM »

Then we went to Barnes and Noble and they pitched in on a Nook for me.   I got the one with 3G and Wifi, but didn't go with color.  The color is backlit and looks like a computer screen.  It's supposed to be harder on your eyes than the regular Nook.   I'm very excited about that.  Of course she forgot to write the check for their part of the purchase, but she'll remember when she gets home and I'll probably get a check in the mail.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2010, 02:45:49 PM »

der Brucer

Tell me about it

LOL.  You go through it too.  One "difficult" sibling rocks the entire boat, big time.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2010, 02:47:33 PM »

Had a great day with mom and dad.  I showed them what I was doing with my house.  They love the den, mom said she would live in there.  We discussed colors, not sure what I'll do, but have decided no couch or futon or other sleeping furniture in there.

:) 

There are comfy style chairs that can covert to single beds, if you decide on that style to begin with.

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2010, 02:47:55 PM »

Mom and I then shopped.  Most of the sales were still on. I got a new winter coat, which I really needed.  My regular winter coat is about 3 years old and it has seen better days.  I have a coat for the below zero days, that one will probably last for several more years, but not one for the average cold winter days.  I'm very glad I do now.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2010, 02:49:22 PM »

There are comfy style chairs that can covert to single beds, if you decide on that style to begin with.

Nope,  I'm going to keep it with the two recliners. The new one isnt' that comfortable yet, but it will be as the cushions get compressed a little from use

Jane

« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2010, 02:49:36 PM »

Cilla I hope you are very happy with your Nook. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2010, 02:51:21 PM »

I'm feeling much better.  My sister emailed this morning saying how hectic their thanksgiving was and how hard that was for her because it was stressful.  Then she invited me to go next year. I had to laugh. If all the people are stressing you out why do you want to add one more. Anyway, I'll consider it.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2010, 02:52:02 PM »

Nope,  I'm going to keep it with the two recliners. The new one isnt' that comfortable yet, but it will be as the cushions get compressed a little from use

I like recliners and don't know why we didn't put one in our office it would have been more comfortable.  I thought the chair was comfortable in the store & was very disappointed when it arrived.  No returns.  At least it look good.

Cillaliz

« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2010, 02:52:37 PM »

Cilla I hope you are very happy with your Nook. 

Me too.   I know several people around here who are getting Nooks.  You can loan friends ebooks on the nook.  One of my friends was in BN and had his Nook with him.  He said we could loan each other books.   
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up