Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: NEIL SIMON  (Read 15444 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: NEIL SIMON
« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2010, 02:52:40 PM »

I guess your sister just acknowledged she should have invited you.  ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2010, 02:53:08 PM »

Finished writing my commentary for the Gardenia show - some fun stuff in this show.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2010, 02:53:21 PM »

Now I'll go sit on my couch like so much fish.

Cillaliz

« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2010, 02:53:56 PM »

I was very surprised at how shy Ricky is around my parents.  He started to warm up to them, but he was pretty shy

Cillaliz

« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2010, 02:54:56 PM »

Mom and Dad left about 3:30pm.  they wanted to get home before dark if possible. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2010, 02:57:08 PM »

Right now, Callie is at the top of the new perch, Ricky was fighting for the top but settled for the second shelf,  Boo, who would never sink so low as to take the lowest shelf is sitting on my lap

Ginny

« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2010, 03:00:10 PM »

DR Cillaliz - I'm glad you had a nice day with your parents.  And that you heard from your sister.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2010, 03:00:58 PM »

Before my father's father came to the States he lived in London.  He followed his brother there who had followed a cousin.  My father became friend's with the cousin's son, Matthew.  Over the years my parents visited Matthew in London and later their son often visited us while in L.A. on business.  I never met Matthew in London as he had passed away prior to my first visit.  I've seen his son on each of my three visits there and we keep in touch. 

Jane

« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2010, 03:01:20 PM »

Yesterday while doing some genealogy on that side of the family Keith said Matthew was a tobacconist.  "No, my father told me Matthew was the head of MGM in London".  With a little more research Keith said Matthew was a CPA.  Fine but I still insisted that he was the head of MGM.

Ginny

« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2010, 03:02:25 PM »

Oh, Cilla, do you get to start using your Nook right away or do you have to wait until Christmas?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2010, 03:03:52 PM »

Keith googled my cousin, Matthew Raymond, and found this interesting article on THE TIME MACHINE with Rod Taylor.
http://www.tcm.com/thismonth/article/?cid=29934
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 03:18:52 PM by Jane »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: November 28, 2010, 03:06:59 PM »

When I was a kid, about a hundred years ago, I used to grumble that when I grew up I would be able to buy a can of olives and eat the whole thing if I wanted.  Now that I am an adult, I don't think I have ever actually done that.  Until now!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2010, 03:09:07 PM »

Oh, Cilla, do you get to start using your Nook right away or do you have to wait until Christmas?

I have it and am charging it right now, lol.  Mom said "You realize you won't have anything to open under the tree" (which isn't really true, because I know about a couple small things)  I said..."I'll bring my Nook and sit under the tree with it".

I get to use it now.  They usually give each of us a check for the same amount.  That's really what they are doing but we are saying that their money is going toward part of the Nook.

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2010, 03:09:42 PM »

When I was a kid, about a hundred years ago, I used to grumble that when I grew up I would be able to buy a can of olives and eat the whole thing if I wanted.  Now that I am an adult, I don't think I have ever actually done that.  Until now!

LOL, I used to say that and I've done it many times.... I LOVE black olives

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2010, 03:11:38 PM »

Then we went to Barnes and Noble and they pitched in on a Nook for me.   I got the one with 3G and Wifi, but didn't go with color.  The color is backlit and looks like a computer screen.  It's supposed to be harder on your eyes than the regular Nook.   I'm very excited about that. 

You are?  Why?  Is there a good looking optometrist in town?
“One thing’s universal,

Ben

« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2010, 03:12:23 PM »

We are back from Long Island. We had a wonderful and relaxing Thanksgiving with no stress. The weather was a bit iffy on Friday but it cleared up and all was fine. We ate turkey, Chinese food, sour cream raisin pie and we had madeleines and tea with a friend.

I bought some new jeans. I decided I'm tired of buying men's jeans and either cuffing them and sewing the cuff or having them altered. I want to wear pants that fit. So I went back to the boy's department (I used to shop there a lot in the 80s) and bought two pair of Wrangler jeans, $7 a piece. They are Boys Size 16 Husky. I'm 57 now so wearing "husky" means absolutely nothing to me. It's nice to put on a pair of jeans and have them fit!!!

Ben

« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2010, 03:14:05 PM »

I have three days of work this week and then I'm off on Thursday. In the evening we will go see How To Marry a Millionaire. I think I've only seen it on television many years ago. Lauren Bacall, Betty Grable and Marilyn Monroe! How can you go wrong?

Jane

« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2010, 03:14:05 PM »

All you fans of THE TIME MACHINE can, in part, thank my cousin for its existence.  All these years I never knew.

Jane

« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2010, 03:15:35 PM »

We are back from Long Island. We had a wonderful and relaxing Thanksgiving with no stress. The weather was a bit iffy on Friday but it cleared up and all was fine. We ate turkey, Chinese food, sour cream raisin pie and we had madeleines and tea with a friend.

I bought some new jeans. I decided I'm tired of buying men's jeans and either cuffing them and sewing the cuff or having them altered. I want to wear pants that fit. So I went back to the boy's department (I used to shop there a lot in the 80s) and bought two pair of Wrangler jeans, $7 a piece. They are Boys Size 16 Husky. I'm 57 now so wearing "husky" means absolutely nothing to me. It's nice to put on a pair of jeans and have them fit!!!

I'm surprised you ever stopped shopping in the boys department.  If the clothes fit why not, and they are less expensive.  :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2010, 03:15:44 PM »

Then we went to Barnes and Noble and they pitched in on a Nook for me.   I got the one with 3G and Wifi, but didn't go with color.  The color is backlit and looks like a computer screen.  It's supposed to be harder on your eyes than the regular Nook.   I'm very excited about that. 

LOL, TCB I said I DIDN'T get the color one, which is harder on your eyes.

Jane

« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2010, 03:16:36 PM »

LOL, I used to say that and I've done it many times.... I LOVE black olives

As an adult I do that far too often.  They are bad for you so I use more restraint these days.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2010, 03:17:14 PM »

Keith googled my cousin, Matthew Raymond, and found this interesting article on THE TIME MACHINE with Rod Steward.

Taylor?
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2010, 03:17:21 PM »

My sister actually did invite me, but she's in Joplin, MO.  Since the plans for mom and dad to come here didn't change until the last minute there's no way I could make plans to make a trip that's an 8 hour drive each way

Jane

« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2010, 03:17:56 PM »

I said..."I'll bring my Nook and sit under the tree with it".

;D And I'm sure you will :)

Jane

« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2010, 03:19:43 PM »

Keith googled my cousin, Matthew Raymond, and found this interesting article on THE TIME MACHINE with Rod Steward.

Taylor?

Not sure what my fingers were doing, I was thinking Taylor.  Thank you.  I have corrected my original post.

Jane

« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2010, 03:21:00 PM »

My sister actually did invite me, but she's in Joplin, MO.  Since the plans for mom and dad to come here didn't change until the last minute there's no way I could make plans to make a trip that's an 8 hour drive each way

I had thought neither sibling invited you.  That is better.  :D

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2010, 03:25:42 PM »

Thanks, Jane and JRand. Apparently they are very gentle creatures. They certainly didn't seem to mind all the kids. (Big kids, too.)

Your scene was so pastoral.

Yesterday I received an Email with a picture of a nice six-point buck.

My grandson was showing him off  in the back of my son-in-laws pick up.

Grandpa will dine this winter

der Brucer

I likes me some good deer meat.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2010, 03:28:57 PM »

LOL, TCB I said I DIDN'T get the color one, which is harder on your eyes.

Sorry!
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2010, 03:29:16 PM »

When I was 3 or 4, my mom threw a birthday party for me. I said I wanted black olives. She bought a can and later asked where it was. She wanted to share them with the party. I said they were mine so I ate them.

I guess I could be called selfish. But they were mine.

Now I buy all the olives I want.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2010, 03:31:22 PM »

Taylor?

Not sure what my fingers were doing, I was thinking Taylor.  Thank you.  I have corrected my original post.

But your error will live on forever in my post.  LOL!    ;D
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up